[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2015 Huddle NFL Mock Draft (Commentary Only)...

irish

After going for the best available player at 1.02, the Titans fill a need here to kick off the second round. Lewan will probably play LT, but with the departure of Michael Roos and Michael Oher, they need a RT. Fisher is a solid zone blocker, and while some people knocked his athleticism, he posted top numbers in the 40, vertical jump, 3-cone, and shuttle at the combine. He needs to add some strength, but overall he's a pretty polished OT who could be an immediate upgrade for the Titans.

The Bucs need help at OL as well, but with all the top prospects off the board at that position, they go for a DE here. Owa isn't an elite pass rusher, but he is relentless, sets a hard edge, and is incredibly athletic. He should give the Bucs some much-needed depth on the edge.

Oakland needs serious help in the secondary and with Collins still on the board as the second rated CB, he's hard to pass up in the early 2nd round. Collins has decent size at 6'1'' and great speed, which the Raiders covet. Should be able to start day one and contribute right away.

Love McKinney in this spot. Can play 3-4 or 4-3, exceptionally athletic, and will provide leadership for years to come. A first-round talent in the 2nd round is value to hard to pass up for a team needing lots of help on the defensive side of the ball.

I don't think Mariota or Kevin Johnson will be available with the 1st and 2nd round picks respectively, but I'll take them if they are, or in the case of Mariota probably trade out of the pick if I could.

Edited by RC94

Atlanta is doubling down on defense. A big strong end who can also kick inside, Smith is another versatile weapon that Quinn will put to good use.

Atlanta will likely be looking to take a RB in the 3rd, depending on who falls to that spot. Would be hoping for Yeldon or Johnson.

Edited by BA Baracus

TE was the next position up for CLE. Debated just taking another WR here with the key being getting weapons for the passing game, and if Funchess could block or catch one iota he'd be the pick here, but wanted to get someone that can dictate or take advantage of personnel. Good enough blocker and pretty dynamic weapon in passing game.

With Michael Bennett, New Orleans starts to address the biggest overall need, DL. New Orleans needs a large infusion of talent on the DL in order to help the secondary that was brutal last year. By addressing CB with Trae Waynes, New Orleans has address the secondary directly and now drafting a DT addresses the secondary issues of pass rush and run defense that let teams maul the New Orleans consistenly. The rest of the draft will be the best DL player available at DE and DT with a late round pick of an OL. New Orleans must draft DL in order to address the gapping holes on defense. WR Jaelen Strong addresses the lost of Stills, the quickly aging Colston, and the trade of Jimmy Graham.

Edited by ajh2

Morning Mud is on the clock for the Viqueens

The Vikings have drafted two off-field issue guys with much greater talent then their draft spots suggest. They are taking big risks, but the rewards could net them two great players. If the moves pan out, they will be able to field a very competitive defense. I think they still need to pick up some o-line help and try to grab a good WR later on. I know that a lot of people see LB as a major need for them. If we were to continue into the third round, I would be hoping that Perryman fell to me.