[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2015 Huddle NFL Mock Draft (Commentary Only)...

irish

Taz is up for the Chargers but he probably won't be picking as he's having some problems. If someone wants to pick for the Chargers go ahead, otherwise I'll do so when I very home.

The Chiefs only have 3 trustworthy CBs on the roster - Smith, Fleming, and Gaines. If one of them gets hurt, as Fleming and Gaines both did last year, KC could be in some trouble. Smith and Fleming are also both in their contract years. Darby can cover guys like a blanket, and while he's not the biggest or most physical CB in the draft, he is still pretty solid at press coverage which he will asked to do a lot of for the Chiefs.

Obi One got snatched out right in front of me...that was really good value there. But also need to replace AJohnson so give the Texans uno Speedy Gonzales...probably won't do that much good though as they still need a QB that can hit him 50-60 yards down field in stride. Maybe next year...

With the 32 pick New England Patriots select Dorial-Green Beckham, WR

This is probably closer to fan fiction than reality, but the fan in me desperately want a big physical Randy Moss like presence on the outside. In reality the Patriots would in all likelihood pass on spam and even if they drafted him history tells us he would not pan out since the Patriots are unable to develop their own receivers.

The Pats will take a corner in all likelihood. Byron Jones seems likely to me if he's still available at this point.

If they want a physical/athletic specimen at receiver they could take a stab at Chris Conley in the second, though they might want to move up some to ensure him. But like you say their track record is poor when it comes to developing rookie receivers. A guy with character issues like Green-Beckham could be an even bigger risk in that regard.

I'm up and will be picking for the Steelers and Panthers soon.

The Pittsburgh Steelers select Shaq Thompson, LB/OLB, Washington.

This pick here in the 2nd round is an absolute steal for the Steelers. Thompson is a mid 1st round pick and getting him a round later is awesome. The Steelers fill 2 major needs at CB and OLB with their first 2 picks here.

Thompson is an athletic, sideline to sideline tackler with solid coverage skills. He has a very high football IQ, has a knack for the big play and can certainly be an All-Pro at the next level.

The Carolina Panthers select - Quinten Rollins, CB, Miami (Ohio).

The Panthers need help in the defensive backfield and even though this young man is only a 1-year starter and is a bit raw, he had all the tools. He had exceptionally quick feet, outstanding body control and laps with the best of them in this class right out of the gym. He has excellent ball skills and just needs to be coached up.

The Ravens have two very good outside corners, so they will draft their nickel corner at the end of the 2nd round.

Gonna give Morning Mud a chance to weigh in before I make the Broncos pick.

Edited by BA Baracus

I wanted Grady Jarrett as a disruptive Wade Phillips type of 3-4 nose tackle, but MM rightly argued for Grasu as a potential long term answer for us at center.

Other DT's (who are maybe better fits for our scheme anyhow) can be had in the 4th and 5th rounds, but the odds of any of the later centers becoming starters are pretty damn slim.

• Like 1

I wanted Grady Jarrett as a disruptive Wade Phillips type of 3-4 nose tackle, but MM rightly argued for Grasu as a potential long term answer for us at center.

Other DT's (who are maybe better fits for our scheme anyhow) can be had in the 4th and 5th rounds, but the odds of any of the later centers becoming starters are pretty damn slim.

Damn, snuck him right out from under me! Was going to pick him as the Heehawks desperately need a new center after trading Unger. Back to the big board.

• Like 1

5 picks left, Cowboyz1 and I are on the clock for the boys.