[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wideout Shuffle

DMD

Wideouts Changing Teams  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which WR's do you expect to outperform expectations?

• Dwayne Bowe - CLE
    • Jeremy Maclin - KC
    • Mike Wallace - MIN
    • Brandon Marshall - NYJ
    • Torrey Smith - SF
    • They all drop a notch or more in my book

While I think everyone has to like Andre Johnson at least as much or more than last year since he went to the Colts, changing teams seems to have negatively impacting a number of players. Which of these wideouts do you think will perform better than expected and therefore have a chance to end up on your team?

Bowe has the greatest chance to improve on last year's numbers, but only because last year's numbers don't set the bar very high. Still won't be very FF viable IMO.

Maclin obviously won't be the FF stud he was in Philly, but he'll still put up respectable numbers as KC's set-in-stone WR1.

Wallace's situation will gain much more clarity after the draft. He's currently the Vikes' top option, but lots of people are predicting they draft Parker which would obviously damper his value.

Marshall has Geno for a QB, so no. Even if they draft Mariota, I wouldn't expect much.

Torrey might put up some decent stats if Kaep favors him like he favored Crabtree. We'll see.

Overall, I think Maclin does the best out of the group but still probably won't be a FF WR1. Wallace might come (very) close if Minny doesn't draft a WR early.

That each has gone to a worse passing situation and as such will not improve on 2014 stats.

If that's the case, hard not to vote for Bowe...His 2014 stat line of 754-0 leaves quite a bit of room for improvement.

In order for me...

1. Bowe - hard to think he'll be any worse than he was last year. Expectations may actually be pretty low; he's still young-ish and talented. No Gordon, no one else of real value (maybe Hawkins as a dinky little PPR guy). I think he's got close to 1,000 yards in him. Someone has to catch the ball, yeah?

2. Smith - similar to Bowe, someone has to catch the ball. Probably won't eclipse 1,000 yards, but perhaps close.

3. Maclin - could easily outperform Smith. The good ol' "someone has to catch the ball" thing works here, too.

4. Marshall - so hard to say here. Decker's there. Terrible QB play. But the guy still has mileage.

5. Wallace - hard to say. Good young QB but that offense.... yikes.

I think they all take a step backwards. Marshall is the only true stud of that group and he's going to a worse situation. Bowe has always sucked and Im confused on how people still hold out hope for this guy. If you draft Bowe you will be rewarded with disappointment.

Bowe has the greatest chance to improve on last year's numbers, but only because last year's numbers don't set the bar very high. Still won't be very FF viable IMO.

Maclin obviously won't be the FF stud he was in Philly, but he'll still put up respectable numbers as KC's set-in-stone WR1.

Wallace's situation will gain much more clarity after the draft. He's currently the Vikes' top option, but lots of people are predicting they draft Parker which would obviously damper his value.

Overall, I think Maclin does the best out of the group but still probably won't be a FF WR1. Wallace might come (very) close if Minny doesn't draft a WR early.

I like Bowe to do well do, last year notwithstanding. I think he is capable of 1100/70/5 as the go-to, red zone possession WR.

I also like Wallace, always have. He'll perform well as part of a trio of solid WRs.

I am not as high on Maclin. He put up the numbers he did last year as a WR1 in large part because of the type of offense they run in Philly. He wasn't doubled a lot because they ran so many 3WR/2TE or 3WR/2RB sets, they could free him up and find him in favorable coverage. I doubt that to be the case in KC. And IMO, he's not good enough to beat a top corner one-on-one, or a double team. And doesn't have a top-flight QB to fit it into tight spots, either. I expect about 1100/60/5 from him. So while an upgrade over last year and on paper to be a decent year, its a disappointment when you consider what they paid to get him.

I like Bowe to do well do, last year notwithstanding. I think he is capable of 1100/70/5 as the go-to, red zone possession WR.

I also like Wallace, always have. He'll perform well as part of a trio of solid WRs.

I am not as high on Maclin. He put up the numbers he did last year as a WR1 in large part because of the type of offense they run in Philly. He wasn't doubled a lot because they ran so many 3WR/2TE or 3WR/2RB sets, they could free him up and find him in favorable coverage. I doubt that to be the case in KC. And IMO, he's not good enough to beat a top corner one-on-one, or a double team. And doesn't have a top-flight QB to fit it into tight spots, either. I expect about 1100/60/5 from him. So while an upgrade over last year and on paper to be a decent year, its a disappointment when you consider what they paid to get him.

Couple questions for ya...

1. Who is this "trio of solid WRs" you speak of in Minnesota?

2. If you're high on Bowe at 1100/70/5, how are you "not as high" on a guy you project to score a mere 10 points less in Maclin with 1100/60/5 (assuming PPR)?

And since you've made mention of the "vets" being overly rough with you, I will stipulate that I'm merely curious... as you're 97 posts in and just want to gauge where you're coming from in order to understand future opinions.

IIRC, some guy got banned early last season for his overly aggressive, in-your-face man love of Charles Johnson; got the attention and reaction from Westboro Baptist kind of man love...so, he might be part of that list

Perhaps he's a Patterson dynasty owner still clinging to the possibility of him becoming a stud...Patterson + Wallace + Pray to Jeebus that they draft Parker? Or perhaps he has a TJH-esque man crush on Charles Johnson? :thinking:

Edited by bud29

IIRC, some guy got banned early last season for his overly aggressive, in-your-face man love of Charles Johnson; got the attention and reaction from Westboro Baptist kind of man love...so, he might be part of that list

:lol: I remember that.

I'm guessing the other two are actually Charlie Johnson and Jarius Wright, but honestly I wouldn't count them as solid yet. They could be, don't get me wrong, but Johnson has an whole half-season under his belt and Wright really hasn't been the go-to slot receiver on the team yet. They certainly have the talent to become solid WRs, but I would consider the Vikings WR corps to be a work in progress at this point.

I suppose you could add Kyle Rudolph to the mix of pass catchers as well, but he has yet to live up to his potential. Lot's of his struggles could be attributed to poor QB play and his own injuries, but again he's still on a "prove it" basis as far as I'm concerned.

Is that a rumor going on? If so, I'm not sure how I missed it. That would be a great move by the Aints.

He's visiting

Edit to add link:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-orleans-saints/post/_/id/14499/greg-jennings-could-be-great-fit-with-saints-if-price-is-right

Edited by rajncajn