[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fairly large trade rumor - SDC/PHI/TEN

darin3

Catching wind on multiple sources (which leads me to believe there's at least some credence to it) that the Titans, Chargers and Eagles are working out a 3-way deal.

The meat of the deal:

TEN gets Philip Rivers

SDC gets Sam Bradford and 1st/2nd round picks

PHI gets the #2 overall in this draft, and one would assume that means they'd take Mariota

:shocking:

Scratching my head on why Tennessee would do this? Philip Rivers isn't the answer to their problems. It's no mystery that Philly wants Mariota - but they've really mismanaged this offseason so far - I'm sure they'll continue to screw it up..

Scratching my head on why Tennessee would do this? Philip Rivers isn't the answer to their problems. It's no mystery that Philly wants Mariota - but they've really mismanaged this offseason so far - I'm sure they'll continue to screw it up..

Rivers is unhappy with what's going on in SD in terms of their potential move to LA. He's a southern guy who has said he'd love to play "closer to home". TEN coaching staff has to win now or they're gone. So they're pushing for the upgrade. Who would they take at #2? Leonard Williams? The move for them is to ship the pick off... why shouldn't it be for an excellent QB? Maybe you have a shot at the wild card in the AFC.

SDC gets Sam Bradford and 1st/2nd round picks

This seems to be the crux of the deal. Are they getting draft picks from TEN or shipping a PHI draft pick to TEN along with Rivers?

I still can't believe that Sam Bradford is bait in any trade deal. Still, depending on the number of draft picks this could be a sweet deal for San Diego.

That's an interesting take.

So far, they basically got Murray and Alonzo for McCoy, which most feel is at least equal value. They then got Bradford for Foles & a 2nd rounder, which if they then use to flip Bradford and a 1st rounder for MM, will be a steal, because the net of that would end up being Foles/1st rounder/2nd rounder for MM. Most thought they would have to mortgage the future. If thats all they have to give up, Kelly is a genius.

Oh, and the also signed Ryan Matthews and Byron Maxwell.

So far, they basically got Murray and Alonzo for McCoy, which most feel is at least equal value. They then got Bradford for Foles & a 2nd rounder, which if they then use to flip Bradford and a 1st rounder for MM, will be a steal, because the net of that would end up being Foles/1st rounder/2nd rounder for MM. Most thought they would have to mortgage the future. If thats all they have to give up, Kelly is a genius.

This sounds like Kelly is running his team like he is in a FF league. Trade and Upgrade!!!

Beat reporter also reporting that he would be SHOCKED if M. Kendrick was still an Eagle after the draft. Not sure if they are getting better, worse or just treading water.,

And then Winston goes where he'd fit right in, to Philly.

I remain pessimistic. I still don't get this story that Rivers isn't happy with the Chargers possible move to LA, and since he's from the south he'd rather play there. Doesn't he live in SD currently? (Yes confirmed below) How is somewhere in the south (TEN or wherever) closer to "home" except maybe his hometown and family, which are far away from where he lives now in SD.Why not just remain in SD if the team moves, maybe get a small apartment or condo in LA if you don't want to commute every day.

Wouldn't ibe better for your family than relocating to TEN or somewhere else closer to where you grew up.

Or if you want to play closer to where you grew up, why not talk about a trade from SD before?

Confrimed via one online source that he lives in SD (north side of town), he was born in Decatur Alabama and later moved to Athens.

http://www.celebritydetective.com/Celebrity_Homes_Philip-Rivers-house-profile.html

They then got Bradford for Foles & a 2nd rounder, which if they then use to flip Bradford and a 1st rounder for MM, will be a steal, because the net of that would end up being Foles/1st rounder/2nd rounder for MM. Most thought they would have to mortgage the future. If thats all they have to give up, Kelly is a genius.

I'm curious as to whether or not "1st/2nd round picks" means multiple 1sts and 2nds, or just this year's 1st and 2nd? If the latter was true, you're right that it would be a great deal for the Iggles.

I'm curious as to whether or not "1st/2nd round picks" means multiple 1sts and 2nds, or just this year's 1st and 2nd? If the latter was true, you're right that it would be a great deal for the Iggles.

I'm not so sure of this either. Why would Philly give a 1st and a 2nd for a qb that some question will be a great NFL qb? This isn't Andrew Luck we're talking about here

I'm not so sure of this either. Why would Philly give a 1st and a 2nd for a qb that some question will be a great NFL qb? This isn't Andrew Luck we're talking about here

Oh I agree, I don't think I would mortgage the future for a question mark. I just thing Kelly is enamoured with Oregon pedigree, and if he can get 'his" guy, he'll be all-in and pay whatever he needs to.

Why would Tenn give up the #2 overall for an aging QB?

Disagree with you here. I don't consider Rivers in the "aging" category just yet. With so many historical first round busts we can name, I think I'd give up my #2 pick for a Pro-Bowl QB with 5-6 years of top-notch productivity left and immediately gives my offense some credibility.

I don't consider Rivers in the "aging" category just yet. With so many historical first round busts we can name, I think I'd give up my #2 pick for a Pro-Bowl QB with 5-6 years of top-notch productivity left and immediately gives my offense some credibility.

Philip Rivers doesn't make Tennessee a contender. Maybe they can somehow squeak out a wildcard birth, but are they gonna make a deep playoff run? I think the chances are greater that DMD gives ALL of us a free membership before that happens. :)

In all seriousness though. If you want a QB - why not get one you can develop, one who will be around a LOT longer than Rivers. If TB takes Winston, Mariota is your guy. If TB passes on Winston, well the choice on which one you want is yours. Unless Tennessee is getting something other than Rivers, I don't see why they'd trade the #2 overall pick for him..

• Like 1

Philip Rivers doesn't make Tennessee a contender. Maybe they can somehow squeak out a wildcard birth, but are they gonna make a deep playoff run? I think the chances are greater that DMD gives ALL of us a free membership before that happens. :)

In all seriousness though. If you want a QB - why not get one you can develop, one who will be around a LOT longer than Rivers. If TB takes Winston, Mariota is your guy. If TB passes on Winston, well the choice on which one you want is yours. Unless Tennessee is getting something other than Rivers, I don't see why they'd trade the #2 overall pick for him..

Tennessee is better than you give them credit for. Solid D, young good WRs and TE. A coach who's best work was done with an experienced QB.

Add in that the coach and GM won't be around to see the young QB develop and you'll easily see why they would be considering something like this. Add in the wealth of picks that will need to move around plus Chips's willingness to over-pay and possibly move guys like Fletcher Cox and Kendrick and it's really easy to see why Tenn would jump. Win 9 or 10 games, make a possible playoff run and save their jobs.

You're looking at it as the owner not the guys making the deal. BTW- they don't have an owner and likely will go up for sale so they really need to look good to save their jobs or get another one

Edited by Zooty
  • Like 1

just passing this along- Rotoworld blurb on Sam Bradford

Per Eckel, the rumor has the Eagles then sending Nos. 19 and 20 -- plus Mychal Kendricks and Fletcher Cox -- to the Titans in exchange for No. 2 overall, where Philly would select Marcus Mariota. Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reported Friday that Bradford currently believes the Eagles may be planning to trade him.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5161/sam-bradford

just passing this along- Rotoworld blurb on Sam Bradford

Per Eckel, the rumor has the Eagles then sending Nos. 19 and 20 -- plus Mychal Kendricks and Fletcher Cox -- to the Titans in exchange for No. 2 overall, where Philly would select Marcus Mariota. Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reported Friday that Bradford currently believes the Eagles may be planning to trade him.

http://www.rotoworld...61/sam-bradford

I like this deal - Browns get a QB, Titans get a nice haul, and the Iggles get their guy. Make it happen, Chip :tup:

Edited by bud29

I like this deal - Browns get a QB, Titans get a nice haul, and the Iggles get their guy. Make it happen, Chip :tup:

I agree. The Eagles would be coughing up a ton of value (Kendricks and Cox...holy crap), but if Mariota turns into a franchise QB for them it wpuld be worth it.

TEN would improve their D way more in this trade than by simply drafting Williams.

Who knows...maybe Stafford could even help the Browns.

I agree. The Eagles would be coughing up a ton of value (Kendricks and Cox...holy crap), but if Mariota turns into a franchise QB for them it wpuld be worth it.

TEN would improve their D way more in this trade than by simply drafting Williams.

Who knows...maybe Stafford could even help the Browns.

I'm sure Stafford would help them. Too bad they would be getting Bradford.....

• Like 2