[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL schedule released

bud29

I made the mistake of watching some of this post-announcement coverage on NFL Network. Is it just me being ornery, or is this Mike Silver guy the biggest dbag on the planet?

Switched to ESPN2 and Gruden interviewing the incoming rookie QB's...sooo much better!

Edited by BA Baracus

Another landmark step of the off-season toward a Cowboys' run to the Super Bowl!

Man, some of these Thursday night games are just atrocious. They seem to get worse as the season progresses.

Of course, the 9:30 AM games in London are even worse. NYJ @ MIA and BUF @ JAC. :sick:

Edited by Gopher

Man, some of these Thursday night games are just atrocious. They seem to get worse as the season progresses.

Of course, the 9:30 AM games in London are even worse. NYJ @ MIA and BUF @ JAC. :sick:

Other than the annual Thur nite battle of Ohio, it's really only bad week 14 and 15.

London doesn't look good,. I must say that as a kid I though the Jets and Miami played every week because it seemed like they were always on in the Philly area. No idea why....

Dolphins are probably second only to the Patriots in terms of fans in the UK so their game with the Jets was the first to sell out and was the most popular. The Bills v Jags game I don't think has sold out yet which is strange as normally the UK fans are happy watching any two teams.

Other than the annual Thur nite battle of Ohio, it's really only bad week 14 and 15.

London doesn't look good,. I must say that as a kid I though the Jets and Miami played every week because it seemed like they were always on in the Philly area. No idea why....

It starts to go bad earlier than that, I'm afraid....

Week 10 - BUF @ NYJ... I guess there's the "Rex factor" which might make for good TV... maybe. Other options... DET@GB, NE@NYG, KC@DEN.

Week 11 - TEN @ JAC... I suppose every team should get at least one prime-time game, but this is about as bad as it gets. There are better divisional rivalry games that week, though, that aren't on prime-time... GB/MIN, SF/SEA, etc.

Week 14 - MIN @ ARI... I'm a homer. Otherwise, meh. If I'm being unbiased, I'd rather watch DAL@GB, SD@KC, or even ATL@CAR (none of which are prime-time games that week). I think I'd even rather see NE@HOU, just to see Watt try to single-handedly destroy the defending champs. Not that I'm advocating more prime-time Patriots games or anything.

Week 15 - TB @ STL... Again, I suppose every team deserves their moment in the spotlight. If nothing else, this game has a good chance of showcasing some new QB's (or at least new to their team). But, it's a shame that the DEN@PIT game isn't a night game (although it is penciled in as a late afternoon game that week).

Week 16 - SD @ OAK... The schedule-makers clearly use the logic that any divisional game makes for good TV. There aren't many other matchups that week that stick out to me as games I'd rather see, and who knows... The Raiders do have a tendency to surprise once in a while.

All in all, the TNF games are about what I expected, and I wasn't really complaining about them. A few good games, a handful of bad ones, and a lot of divisional matchups. I was moreso commenting on how they seem to get worse, as the season progresses. And, obviously, there is a lot more that goes into making a 32-team schedule than just picking out the juicy matchups for prime-time.

Plus, there are certain teams that we always seem to see plenty of, regardless (NE, DEN, GB, etc.), so I'm not asking for more of their games on prime-time. But, at the same time, there are always a few games that I wish were on national TV that aren't.

Yeah, yeah, I know... I should have the NFL ticket. I had it for years, and now that I don't, I really don't miss it. It forces me to watch entire football games, rather than just flipping channels for six hours on Sunday (which I think is a good thing).

Edited by Gopher

With the policy that every team must play in a TNF game every year, you will sure get some duds, so they feel it is better for 2 bad tams to play each other that have a sure blowout on TNF.

I actually had forgotten about that. Thanks... That helps explain it, certainly.

I'm not sure what is worse... Watching the Colts or Broncos destroy the likes of Jacksonville or the Raiders, or watching a "slugfest" between the Titans and Jaguars. At least a blowout would have some fantasy ramifications.

Minnesota's non-divisional schedule isn't exactly a cakewalk....

@SF

SD

@DEN

KC

STL

@OAK

SEA

@ARI

I put the O/U for wins, out of those 8 games, at about 2.5... Add another 2-3 divisional wins, and I think the Vikes are no better than 6-10 this year. That's actually fine with me (I'm hoping for closer to 3-4 wins)... The worst thing they can do is overachieve and reach mediocrity (8-8, 9-7, etc.). Might as well shoot for another high batch of draft picks (so we can draft next year's version of Troy Williamson or Patterson). :lol:

Dolphins are probably second only to the Patriots in terms of fans in the UK so their game with the Jets was the first to sell out and was the most popular. The Bills v Jags game I don't think has sold out yet which is strange as normally the UK fans are happy watching any two teams.

Dolphins, really? Fish and chips? :lol:

As far as Bills/Jags....maybe the luster of the NFL is wearing off or you all realize they suck. LOL

Am I the only one that's more than mildly amused by this? :lol:

Ok, see some of this was addressed in other posts.

Under the current scheduling constraints every team must be in one primetime game, something about playing one game on Thursday after playing one on Sunday the week before. Since divisional matchups occur twice each year, these have been a staple many years for TNF. And since some matchups are better than others (so worth being on a better slot, like MNF, SNF or a late Sunday afternoon feature games) the less attractive ones are often used.

When you consider that, they are never going to be great games.

And the annual battle of Ohio on TNF last year was a great game for Browns fans :)

Regarding Gophers post, the schedule isn't created like that from what I understand. The primetime games are kind of set and then others built around it. You cannot look at a week and say "these games would have been better." With all teams getting a primetime game (deserved or not) you will get some duds. (I'd rather see a close game with 2 bad teams than a blowout.) But keep in mind, many SNF and MNF games were duds as well, I know I turned off quite a few blowouts those nights last year.

The one interesting thing is that game which is going to be live streamed (BUF @ JAX 9:30AM on Oct 25). Who will produce it, and where will it be available. If it isn't on TV nationwide (only on local TV in those markets) I can see lower ratings than last year's Sunday morning game. I might be able to watch it that way, but I'm not sure I'll bother. On TV to my DVR and watch at will is easier than on the net, probably on my tablet and not on the big screen.

Here's a link for a full PDF of the schedule includig weekly and team schedules. Much easier than navigating the crappy NFL.com schedule page

https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/2015-nfl-schedule.pdf

Dolphins, really? Fish and chips? :lol:

As far as Bills/Jags....maybe the luster of the NFL is wearing off or you all realize they suck. LOL

Am I the only one that's more than mildly amused by this? :lol:

Compared to their paltry following in the US it is a strange thing. When NFL became big on British TV was around the beginning of the Dan Marino era, most of the best supported teams in the UK were best teams in the late eighties and early nineties bar the bandwagoners supporting the Pats.

Yeah, yeah, I know... I should have the NFL ticket. I had it for years, and now that I don't, I really don't miss it. It forces me to watch entire football games, rather than just flipping channels for six hours on Sunday (which I think is a good thing).

IMHO anybody who is just flipping channels all Sunday with the ticket or watching RedZone isn't watching football games, they're watching real time highlights. You cannot get the feel for the whole game and the teams playing them that way. I keep hearing how people love watching RZ all day, and many of them comment on games they've "seen" played that week but are way off base on the actual flow of the game.

One time last year somebody told me the Browns defense collapsed late in the game allowing the other team to win. But the defense was the only reason they led, getting a couple of key turnovers one returned for a TD. But since they didn't see that just the other team scoring late twice to win they picked that out.

Compared to their paltry following in the US it is a strange thing. When NFL became big on British TV was around the beginning of the Dan Marino era, most of the best supported teams in the UK were best teams in the late eighties and early nineties bar the bandwagoners supporting the Pats.

I think Darin's irony was with all the UK folks rooting for Patriots. Ya know, since we all did kick your asses a couple hundred years ago...

;)

Plus, there are certain teams that we always seem to see plenty of, regardless (NE, DEN, GB, etc.), so I'm not asking for more of their games on prime-time. But, at the same time, there are always a few games that I wish were on national TV that aren't.

RedZone

Hey that's good, very little fantasy impact for us to worry about.