[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Titans will take Mariota

CaptainHook

I never bought all the garbage about Mariota falling in the draft. My prediction is the Titans take him unless someone offers a king's ransom. Super sleeper beneficiary could be Kendall Wright who would benefit from a system and QB similar to what he had a Baylor.

Edited by CaptainHook

I think Mariota will be taken at 1.02, but my guess would be by the Eagles or Jets...I just feel that Whiz would prefer a project pocket passer QB over a project mobile QB. I could see them putting off a trade until they're on the clock, though, on the offhand chance the Bucs take Mariota.

I'm pretty sure the Bucs take Winston. Winston reminds me of McNabb

I'm pretty sure they do as well - some writers still seem to be saying that the Bucs are undecided though, so perhaps Mariota is still an option? I'd be very surprised if they do pass on Winston, but I'm not ruling it out.

I'm pretty sure the Bucs take Winston. Winston reminds me of McNabb

I agree and Mariota reminds me of Cunningham. Assuming Winston goes 1, it will be real interesting where Mariota actually lands and what teams actual interest is in moving up to get him. My gut says he falls a little ways further than expected. And thats coming from a huge Mariota supporter and Oregon homer.

Edited by heehawks

If the Eagles move into the 2nd pick before the draft...the Bucs should take Mariota with the 1st pick and then deal him to the Chipster for Winston and some other outrageous demands. :)

Agree. But I think Chip is smarter than that.

ESPN reporting Browns offering the 12 n the 19 to the Titans for the 2

There was a report a week ago saying Tennessee asked for the 12th, 19th, and 43rd picks and Cleveland turned them down. I've also seen rumors of the 12th, 19th and Cleveland's 2016 1st round pick being tossed around, but as far as I know those are just that - rumors. Of course, 99% of rumors and reports this time of year are BS anyway, so only the teams know for sure.

Honestly, I'm a bit worried that Webster and Wisenhunt will do something stupid to try to eke out a few more wins this year to save their jobs. I want them to trade down. That 3 1st round pick deal from Cleveland would be ideal, I think. If they don't get an offer they like, then they should take Mariota. Force the teams that covet him to increase their offers if they really want him, and I think someone will do just that. Even if they don't, he can compete with Mettenberger for the starting spot this year. I'd be ok with that.

There was a report a week ago saying Tennessee asked for the 12th, 19th, and 43rd picks and Cleveland turned them down. I've also seen rumors of the 12th, 19th and Cleveland's 2016 1st round pick being tossed around, but as far as I know those are just that - rumors. Of course, 99% of rumors and reports this time of year are BS anyway, so only the teams know for sure.

Honestly, I'm a bit worried that Webster and Wisenhunt will do something stupid to try to eke out a few more wins this year to save their jobs. I want them to trade down. That 3 1st round pick deal from Cleveland would be ideal, I think. If they don't get an offer they like, then they should take Mariota. Force the teams that covet him to increase their offers if they really want him, and I think someone will do just that. Even if they don't, he can compete with Mettenberger for the starting spot this year. I'd be ok with that.

This.

I think if CLE throws in the 2016 1st with the two 1sts this year, then TEN should take it. Otherwise, just draft Mariota.

What would be truly hilarious is if TB takes Mariota at #1, rendering all of this moot. It would be interesting to see if Winston would fall a bit.

• Like 1

What would be truly hilarious is if TB takes Mariota at #1, rendering all of this moot. It would be interesting to see if Winston would fall a bit.

If the Bucs pick Mariota, Whiz will sprint up to the podium himself to take Winston.

What would be truly hilarious is if TB takes Mariota at #1, rendering all of this moot.

For the life of me i don't understand why the Bucs haven't played this angle from the get-go to see what they could get for the 1st pick. There's no Luck in this draft and 3 1st round pics from Cleveland or a bucket of picks from someone else would go a long way towards a Lovie rebuilding effort. The Winston love affair was strategically short-sighted.

For the life of me i don't understand why the Bucs haven't played this angle from the get-go to see what they could get for the 1st pick. There's no Luck in this draft and 3 1st round pics from Cleveland or a bucket of picks from someone else would go a long way towards a Lovie rebuilding effort. The Winston love affair was strategically short-sighted.

Winston is about as pro-ready as they come. He comes with a huge local following. Look at how bad (and winnable) the NFC South was last year and will continue to be. The Bucs have a good young nucleus that can actually win now. Not sure how short-sighted it is, but as a Buc fan maybe you think differently.

Titans' GM says they're talking with 3-4 teams about trading down....The 3 named teams are the Jets, Rams, and Browns, I assume the 4th team is the Iggles? http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2015/story/_/id/12793257/tennessee-titans-talking-no-2-pick-3-4-teams-gm-ruston-webster-says