[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pre-Draft Mini Contest: Round 1 Position Counts

bud29

I'm having an unusually extreme case of football withdrawl this offseason, and with every angle of the draft beaten to death by the media at this point, I figured I might start a little contest here to pass the time until draft night.

It's a pretty easy and self-explanatory contest. You all have to try and guess how many players at each position will be taken during round 1 of the draft. The positions to guess for are QB, RB, WR, TE, OL, DT, DE, OLB, ILB, CB, and S.

Since there are several "hybrid" players who project to be possible first round picks, I'm going to assign a specific position to each of these hybrids. These positions may not hold true once the players get drafted, but just for the sake of this contest, everyone needs to be on the same page.

Leonard Williams - DE

Dante Fowler - OLB

Vic Beasley - OLB

Shane Ray - DE

Bud Depree - OLB

Randy Gregory - OLB

Arik Armstead - DE

Eli Harold - OLB

Eric Rowe - CB

Eric Kendricks - ILB

Devin Funchess - WR

Owamagbe Odighizuwa - DE

If I missed any potential 1st-round hybrids, let me know so we can cement a position for them.

***Tiebreaker question*** How long will it take to complete the first round? (hours, minutes)

Posts may be edited up until 7:59 P.M. ET on Thursday, April 30. Have at it! :tup:

Edited by bud29

My guesses:

QB - 2

RB - 2

WR - 5

TE - 0

OL - 7

DT - 3

OLB - 4

ILB - 0

DE - 4

CB - 4

S - 1

Tiebreaker: 3 hours, 31 minutes

Edited by bud29

What do we win?

My initial plan was to just have this contest as a fun little draft activity to pass the time until Thursday - similar to the huddle mock draft, since that is winding down. Some sort of incentive would definitely make things more interesting though, so how about this - winner gets to choose an avatar that I have to "wear" for the entire month of May. Not much, but with no buy-in there's not a whole lot I can offer....Cowboys fans, here's your chance ;)