[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

La'el Collins

bud29

probably none.

FWIW, Mike Mayock has Collins as his #1 OT prospect, but just completed his annual mock draft and left Collins out of the first round. He said he talked to several teams today and the consensus seemed to be that unless he's officially cleared by tomorrow night, there's no way he goes in the 1st round. I'd probably agree with this.

as of an hour ago, the police had still not heard from him or his lawyer. If I was innocent, or trying to cash in on millions, you can be damn sure I'd have done so. Something is off.

Agreed. I don't like the feeling of this at all.

It just feels too much like the Aaron Hernandez case all over. I will make a prediction and say he will fall to the sixth round (or lower) if he is not completely cleared by tomorrow.

I thought he was cooperating. Isn't that what the the article said? And didn't it say that he's not a suspect?

ETA:

The lawyer for LSU guard La’El Collins said that his client has been cooperating with investigators regarding the murder of his pregnant ex-girlfriend, in which he is not considered a suspect.

Collins’ attorney, Jim Boren,said he has been in regular contact with the lead detective on the case, and spoke with the district attorney Tuesday as the story broke.

Edited by irish

I thought he was cooperating. Isn't that what the the article said? And didn't it say that he's not a suspect?

ETA:

The lawyer for LSU guard La’El Collins said that his client has been cooperating with investigators regarding the murder of his pregnant ex-girlfriend, in which he is not considered a suspect.

Collins’ attorney, Jim Boren,said he has been in regular contact with the lead detective on the case, and spoke with the district attorney Tuesday as the story broke.

Yes, and the exact same was said in the Aaron Hernandez case. Innocent or not he is going to tumble down draft boards if not completely removed.

Yes, and the exact same was said in the Aaron Hernandez case. Innocent or not he is going to tumble down draft boards if not completely removed.

True.

Been reading that some teams have removed him completely from their draft board

Hope one of those teams isn't the Panthers. If we could get a top 3(1st overall on some sites) OT in the 5th, 6th, or 7th round I'd be willing to take the chance that he's innocent, because if he is that might be the steal of the draft for a team the badly needs an OT.

Since he will not be allowed in the draft next year, I assume he signs with someone this year. If he truly had nothing to do with the murder of his ex-girlfriend, then I would wait until my name is cleared and then let the bidding war start.

Since he will not be allowed in the draft next year, I assume he signs with someone this year. If he truly had nothing to do with the murder of his ex-girlfriend, then I would wait until my name is cleared and then let the bidding war start.

I saw that there is nothing in the CBA that either allows or prevents him from waiting until next year. If that is true, I could see him contesting the ruling and trying to wait it out again. It will be interesting though if it does go to a bidding war.

Breaking: I've been notified by representatives of OT La'el Collins that his paternity test results were negative. Specifically, Collins is not the father of Brittney Mills' child and Collins passed A polygraph test administered by an independent investigator in connection with Mills' case.

Looking for a link

It was posted on Twitter

http://theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/12303884-123/source-former-lsu-ol-lael

Edited by rajncajn

Looking for a link

It was posted on Twitter

http://theadvocate.c...mer-lsu-ol-lael

Meeting with Cowboys planned? I guess that makes sense, their o-line has been pretty weak lately.... :rolleyes:

I know Dorsey was against drafting Collins, which I totally agree with, but I really think the Chiefs should start talking to him. OL is probably the weakest point on our roster right now, and getting a guy like Collins would be HUGE.

Meeting with Cowboys planned? I guess that makes sense, their o-line has been pretty weak lately.... :rolleyes:

I know Dorsey was against drafting Collins, which I totally agree with, but I really think the Chiefs should start talking to him. OL is probably the weakest point on our roster right now, and getting a guy like Collins would be HUGE.

I'd like to see him with the Saints and I know that he's a fan of the team/close to home etc, but he'd likely start out at guard this year and I'm pretty certain he wants to play tackle.