[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2015 NFL Draft Commentary Thread

bud29

Don't get the Rams, Colts, or Browns (second one) picks.

I think the Rams had a ton of needs elsewhere and a RB that could get it done in Mason.

Colts just can't seem to figure out that WR is not the only position on the team. (And as someone who invested in Carter I am pissed)

I don't really mind the Browns taking Erving so much as I wish he was going somewhere to play center.

And since I am a Broncos fan, I should include that I am not upset they traded up for Ray since he has the talent, but bringing him to a state where MJ is readily available and legal right after his little MJ issue knocked him down draft boards cracks me up. Let's see if he can resist or if we get another suspension like we did with Von Miller.

• Like 1

My $$ is on Fisher to go before Clemmings

That's a possibility as well - it wouldn't shock me if they went back to back to start round 2....Both TEN and TB need help on the o-line.

Don't get the Rams, Colts, or Browns (second one) picks.

I don't really mind the Browns taking Erving so much as I wish he was going somewhere to play center.

And since I am a Broncos fan, I should include that I am not upset they traded up for Ray since he has the talent, but bringing him to a state where MJ is readily available and legal right after his little MJ issue knocked him down draft boards cracks me up. Let's see if he can resist or if we get another suspension like we did with Von Miller

Some of the talk in Cleveland is that he can play center, and if Alex Mack cannot be resigned after this year Erving could move into the center position. He'll probably challenge for a starting spot at RG/RT this year.

I like the pick, actually both Browns picks. Not flashy, but solid guys that fill huge needs. No stupid trading of 3 first round draft picks for another possible franchise QB, which could flame out in Cleveland even if they are supremely talented. Browns still need LB, WR and TE.

Great point on Broncos drafting Ray, put him in one very tempting situation.

• Like 1

The Browns needed a run stopper and they got him. they also need to replace Schwartz this year and Mack next and they did that with Erving. I wanted a DL and OL out of the first round and I'm overly excited that that's what they got.

• Like 1

Frankly I like Dorsett to Colts. He can fly (4.3) and is a great route runner. Most polished WR in draft not named Cooper. There were no OL with value at that point the only other consideration for the Colts was Malcolm Brown.

Brown would have made a bigger impact now. That d-line is desperate for a run stopper. You can have all the offense you want but what good will it do when you can't get the d off the field.

Frankly I like Dorsett to Colts. He can fly (4.3) and is a great route runner. Most polished WR in draft not named Cooper. There were no OL with value at that point the only other consideration for the Colts was Malcolm Brown.

TJ Clemmings or Jake Fisher would be a week 1 starter on that Colts OL. Drafting a starter at pick 29 is value.

• Like 1

TJ Clemmings or Jake Fisher would be a week 1 starter on that Colts OL. Drafting a starter at pick 29 is value.

I'm wondering if this is a sign that the Colts won't be able to re-sign Hilton next year. Luck is gonna command a fkton of cabbage. If they can figure out a way to keep everyone - let it be someone else's problem trying to figure out how to cover everyone. But to your point - it's all for nil if Luck is sittin on his arse digging grass out of his facemask every snap.

So do the Colts. So glad we took a 5'9" 185 lb WR.

I'll play devil's advocate here. I know you're a hugh Colts fan with good inside information, but you can't know everything. Could it be that they aren't getting warm fuzzies from TY Hilton in terms of him re-signing? They will need every last penny to re-sign Luck, so if Hilton asks for too much, maybe they let him walk. Knowing that this position is of incredible importance, perhaps they made this pick with that in mind. :shrug:

Edit: Ha, I guess I type too slow (and got interrupted mid-post) :lol:

Edited by darin3

I actually don't mind this pick. We need corners, especially in our division. Dude can play, that's for sure.

It's a pick that's growing on me as I give it more thought...Still would have preferred Erving, but Peters is definitely an elite talent at a position of need. I absolutely hate some of the reports about his character, but Reid seemed to be pretty confident that it won't be a problem. Pretty high-risk/high-reward pick, hopefully we come out on the good end. If Peters pans out and KC is able to re-sign Smith, that'll be one hell of a CB duo.

It's a pick that's growing on me as I give it more thought...Still would have preferred Erving, but Peters is definitely an elite talent at a position of need. I absolutely hate some of the reports about his character, but Reid seemed to be pretty confident that it won't be a problem. Pretty high-risk/high-reward pick, hopefully we come out on the good end. If Peters pans out and KC is able to re-sign Smith, that'll be one hell of a CB duo.

I heard Peters run-ins with coaching staff was really, in the grand scheme of things, not that big of a deal. Supposedly he just disagreed with a lot of what they were doing. Shrug. The guy has a ton of passion, on the super optimistic side.

Apparently he was texting his replacement the day after he was banned from their facility. The guy seems to care about winning. A lot. He's a kid. You can get him straight... and you have an elite cover guy.

I like the Conley pick for KC....Super athletic guy who can add some much-needed WR depth. Obviously won't have a ton of FF impact, but I think he'll be a solid addition to the Chiefs' offense.

I've been drinking this evening but, did Dallas just draft an olineman? Wtf

Maybe they'll slim him down and convert him to RB? :thinking: