[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2015 NFL Draft Commentary Thread

bud29

I've been drinking this evening but, did Dallas just draft an olineman? Wtf

Yep, not a bad pick when you consider this. Free is a bit long in the tooth. If he goes down for any reason, I have two words that should scare the hell out of you, "Darren Weems" and Swing Tackle. Nuff said.......

I like the Conley pick for KC....Super athletic guy who can add some much-needed WR depth. Obviously won't have a ton of FF impact, but I think he'll be a solid addition to the Chiefs' offense.

Yeah. Alex Smith is great at using a lot of weapons...

Yep, not a bad pick when you consider this. Free is a bit long in the tooth. If he goes down for any reason, I have two words that should scare the hell out of you, "Darren Weems" and Swing Tackle. Nuff said.......

the only RB in FBS to have 1800 rush yds and 500 receiving yds in the same season is sitting there at the end of the 3rd and we took a swing tackle

the only RB in FBS to have 1800 rush yds and 500 receiving yds in the same season is sitting there at the end of the 3rd and we took a swing tackle

I dont follow college football much so I am not really familiar with all of these guys but I do remember reading a lot about the kid from Boise.Is that who you are talking about ? I like depth at the O line but this kid was getting some good press, I was surprised to see the Boys not address rb here

I dont follow college football much so I am not really familiar with all of these guys but I do remember reading a lot about the kid from Boise.Is that who you are talking about ? I like depth at the O line but this kid was getting some good press, I was surprised to see the Boys not address rb here

yes. Ajayi. :kicksrock:

Very surprised w/ Cowboys non-RB draft...that said, aside from the big 2, very interested in both Yeldon and Coleman landing in some favorable spots

Overall, I'm pretty happy with KC's draft. Didn't necessarily get a lot of value picks, but they checked off some major needs with good players. Excited for the upcoming season! :tup:

Man - the Colts draft really irked me when they took a WR with the first pick. But as I look at it (as a fan of course you're gonna say this) I'm really liking the way Grigson rounded this thing out. There's several players I think are gonna be effin studs. D'Joun Smith - after watching some videos on this kid, holy isht! He's got that arrogance, but man, he's like glue to a WR. Played for a smaller school, but opposing teams were like F' it. We're not throwing his way. I think I read he was only thrown at 11 times all season last year. Henry Anderson looks like he can be a huge help up front. Looks like a beast, and as a D-lineman had a fkton of tackles for losses, 9 of which were sacks. He's gonna be a huge help up front in stopping the run. Last off - I think the steal of the draft this year very well can be the Colts 6th rounder, Josh Robinson. He looks to be the exact opposite of Trent Richardson. A speedy bowling ball who is at 100% full speed ahead as soon as the ball is snapped. He's not dancing around looking for holes, looking to the outside, he's got great hands, and most of all - dude cannot be taken down. I think it's a name we'll know if fantasy land in as little as 2 years. All in all, I went from being pissed off a few days ago, to now stoked at the way things are shaping up.

Tell me you can't get excited about this kid, Colts fans! http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=josh%20robinson%20mississippi%20state&qs=VI&form=QBVR&pq=josh%20robinson&sc=8-13&sp=1&sk=#view=detail&mid=97DC5B333E4CA8F42F2697DC5B333E4CA8F42F26

Looks like we finally got our own Beast Mode!

Edited by Shorttynaz

Yeah. Alex Smith is great at using a lot of weapons...

Like I said, not a sexy FF pick at all - others seem to agree, I've seen some recent rookie WR rankings with Conley in the 20-25 range now. However, much like the Maclin signing, I think it's a good "real football" solution. At bare minimum, he's a speedy WR who can stretch the field and open up some room underneath for Smith to throw more 7-yard passes.

Like I said, not a sexy FF pick at all - others seem to agree, I've seen some recent rookie WR rankings with Conley in the 20-25 range now. However, much like the Maclin signing, I think it's a good "real football" solution. At bare minimum, he's a speedy WR who can stretch the field and open up some room underneath for Smith to throw more 7-yard passes.

As a Broncos fan I just had to give you that nudge. I actually like the Chiefs draft this year. If they had a QB that would throw it I would be more worried about them.

The fact that the Cowboys didn't pick a running back while it seems they had the opportunity makes me wonder if Jerry and co. know something we don't? Like they have their eyes on or plans for bring someone in later. Either the feel really good about the RB's on the roster now or they have some incite on the AP situation or someone else.

The more I think about McFadden the more I think he might be out of Jail so to speak coming from the Raiders who had no Oline, No QB to threaten defenses and No Offensive scheme to take advantage of his skill set. The guy still runs a 4.34 40 and that could be really dangerous.

The more I think about McFadden the more I think he might be out of Jail so to speak coming from the Raiders who had no Oline, No QB to threaten defenses and No Offensive scheme to take advantage of his skill set. The guy still runs a 4.34 40 and that could be really dangerous.

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

The fact that the Cowboys didn't pick a running back while it seems they had the opportunity makes me wonder if Jerry and co. know something we don't? Like they have their eyes on or plans for bring someone in later. Either the feel really good about the RB's on the roster now or they have some incite on the AP situation or someone else.

If he can stay healthy, and that is obviously a huge if, he should have success behind that line . I do agree that it does seem like there is probably some alternate plan in play here at rb. They said they were going to dedicate the draft to D and they pretty much did.

If he can stay healthy, and that is obviously a huge if, he should have success behind that line . I do agree that it does seem like there is probably some alternate plan in play here at rb. They said they were going to dedicate the draft to D and they pretty much did.

Yeah, I mean DeMarco Murray was also considered injury prone and look what he did. McFadden is just as talented, if not more so.

• Like 1

6.7 yards per carry is impressive, even if it was with just 51 carries. A full blown committee at some point wouldn't surprise me. Randle might be the more talented back. And Dallas's run game might be good enough to produce 2 sponge-worthy fantasy running backs.

McFadden the "starter", with Randle available in case he falters. Dunbar there for 3rd down and passing looks. Ryan Williams has a chance too if one of the above go out with injury.

I fail to see the logic in the Browns once again ignoring the WR unit except for 1 pick, that most are calling a reach.

I didn't want a WR with 12 or 19 but c'mon man!

I fail to see the logic in the Browns once again ignoring the WR unit except for 1 pick, that most are calling a reach.

I didn't want a WR with 12 or 19 but c'mon man!

It's interesting because no pick stands out as a bad one, but it's hard to get behind ignoring WR. Shelton is a stud, but so is Parker and they may end up regretting that. Right now they need WR that can make the QB better, and no one beyond Parker is going to do that this year. Johnson was a sneaky good pick if they find a way to use him in a Sproles/Gio role, and can work toward making the QB more effective, but that's not enough.

I can't get behind the Colts desperately needing OL and DL (esp DT) and instead focusing both their FA moves AND the draft on skill players, an area they were already strong in. wtf drafting a WR in the 1st (and one many considered a reach anyway), waiting till the 5th to draft a DT and the 7th for their lone OL pick. IMO it's official, Grigson blows. Like Polian before him, he has a stud QB who will help cover up a lot of personnel mistakes (not that Polian is as bad as Grigson, for those who have a hard time following analogies). Even if Dorsett becomes amazing, you can't take the next step when you can't win in the trenches, no matter how many stud receivers you have.

Edited by BeeR