[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

White vs. Cooper

darin3

Nice little WR dichotomy here. Maybe not as intriguing as the RB (Gurley vs. Gordon) but interesting nonetheless.

Amari Cooper is one of the more polished WRs to come on the scene in a long time. He won't wow you with measurables but he just gets it done. Solid route runner. Good hands. You'll be hearing "Carr to Cooper" for many, many years. You can draft him with confidence knowing you'll have a safe WR2 with some low-end WR1 upside.

That said, Kevin White is an absolute freak with a much higher ceiling. Yes, he'll be competing for looks with a very similar Alshon Jeffery, and the team wants to get Marquess Wilson more looks, but there is simply no denying White's upside. Did y'all see the NFLN special with him and a few other WRs? The dude is absolutely shredded. At first I thought he was Devin Funchess from Michigan (who's a TE tweener). He reminds me of Julio Jones. Just a freak. He's raw and will take 2-3 years to accrue the stats that Cooper gets in Year One. But what about years 4-???

What are your thoughts?

About what yours are, though Cooper is much more proven. Where as White has had one good season in college, one. I see White as mainly a deep threat WR, Cooper can play all three and will get even better. Tim Brown, Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison are comparable. White will have to learn to run less upright especially over the middle, where at WV he ran mean and tall. Won't happen in the NFL.

I'll take Cooper now and every Sunday for years

Cooper with Oakland is just a problem with me. It is a broken franchise and he is a good player, but by year 5, I think White is at a totally different level.

I love how Pace sounded so "no brainer" in his explanation.

Carr threw for 21 tds with only 12 ints last year as a rookie with no Cooper (or other credible receiving threat), and Murray ran for over 5 yards per carry. Doesnt look that broken to me.

Edited by Crazysight
  • Like 1

I really like Carr to Cooper and I'd push all my money onto the Cooper square for this year. Cooper will be the #1 in OAK with no doubt. White may never be the #1 in CHI and even if he is, there is a great #2 in that case, plus Marquess Wilson plus the Black Unicorn with 90 catches just last year. Throw in who knows who the QB will be in CHI next year or the next. Cooper is a much safer bet all around to me, even considering the future.

• Like 1

I really like Carr to Cooper and I'd push all my money onto the Cooper square for this year. Cooper will be the #1 in OAK with no doubt. White may never be the #1 in CHI and even if he is, there is a great #2 in that case, plus Marquess Wilson plus the Black Unicorn with 90 catches just last year. Throw in who knows who the QB will be in CHI next year or the next. Cooper is a much safer bet all around to me, even considering the future.

I don't trust Fox to throw enough to support all the guys out there. I also wonder how much Forte will get the ball thrown to him. It will be interesting to see if its Foxy or Gase who's personality comes out in that offense.