[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First Draft of the Year

DMD

Just finished up my first draft - 12 teams, 16 round non-ppr

Not sure I was shocked by anything, at least not until later rounds. I missed Gordon by one pick and took Gurley. Was going to take Hilton or Cobb with #3 but they were gone. Not sold on Ingram at 2.09. Though Hyde went slightly late at 2.12 I think Gore at 4.03 was pretty nice.

I am only now starting the month-long process of ranking so my opinion is sure to change by June.

Any great or bad values in your opinion? We all wondered where Darren McFadden would go (4.01)

1.1 RB Lacy,E.

1.2 RB Lynch,M.

1.3 WR Beckham Jr.,O.

1.4 RB Charles,J.

1.5 RB Peterson,A.

1.6 RB Bell,L.

1.7 RB Anderson,C.

1.8 RB Forte,M.

1.9 RB Hill,J.

1.1 WR Bryant,D.

1.11 RB Murray,D.

1.12 RB McCoy,L.

2.1 WR Thomas,D.

2.2 WR Brown,A.

2.3 TE Gronkowski,R.

2.4 WR Jones,J.

2.5 WR Johnson,C.

2.6 RB Foster,A.

2.7 WR Nelson,J.

2.8 TE Graham,J.

2.9 RB Ingram,M.

2.10 RB Morris,A.

2.11 WR Jeffery,A.

2.12 RB Hyde,C.

3.1 WR Evans,M.

3.2 WR Cobb,R.

3.3 RB Miller,L.

3.4 WR Green,A.

3.5 WR Hilton,T.

3.6 RB Gordon,M.

3.7 RB Gurley,T.

3.8 QB Luck,A.

3.9 WR Hopkins,D.

3.10 RB Forsett,J.

3.11 QB Rodgers,A.

3.12 WR Benjamin,K.

4.1 RB McFadden,D.

4.2 WR Sanders,E.

4.3 RB Gore,F.

4.4 RB Murray,L.

4.5 WR Matthews,J.

4.6 QB Brees,D.

4.7 TE Kelce,T.

4.8 RB Bell,J.

4.9 RB Stewart,J.

4.10 RB Bernard,G.

4.11 QB Manning,P.

4.12 WR Watkins,S.

OBJ at 3? Good Lord

I like OBJ but I'm not a buyer at that price.

WR is so deep now that I can see myself drafting like it is the late 90's/early 2000's and hitting RB hard early.

Agree, OBJ at 1.03 too rich for my blood.

Lacy at 1.01? Maybe Bell's suspension has opened the door to no consensus 1.01 pick this year.

I think I'd go Charles or even AP at 1.01 right now. Of course I might change my mind.

I understand it may be league rule specific but 10 RBs in the first round?

Your prior analyses have been pretty clear - the 1st round RB bust rate/variance is quite high. I was surprised by Lacy, OBJ, Anderson, Murray, and McCoy. People are aware that Murray and McCoy changed teams and not for the better, right?

Foster in the mid-2nd round seems like value to me, relative to some of the other RBs.

Edited by stethant

Quite a bit of solid WR value in the 2nd round IMO. I'm not sure about Lacy at 1.01 - that being said, I'm not sure who else I would take. I'm really hoping I don't get stuck in the #1 slot in any redrafts this year.

Agree with sentiments about Lacy. I've got 2-3 RB's above him currently but Jamaal Charles is my #1 back.

Odell Beckham Jr is a player I love but drafts like this prove that I've almost no chance of getting him in any of my re-draft fantasy teams this year.

I like Charles but something keeps pulling me towards Peterson as the #1 in a redraft. I think sitting out will actually help him. He isn't the type to just sit around. I think he will be strong, rested, motivated, and playing for Norv Turner. Can it get any better then that?

I like Charles but something keeps pulling me towards Peterson as the #1 in a redraft. I think sitting out will actually help him. He isn't the type to just sit around. I think he will be strong, rested, motivated, and playing for Norv Turner. Can it get any better then that?

I'd be considering AP #1 nearer the time but for now I'm holding off incase the Vikings do trade him and he ends up in a bad situation.

Yeah, in a non-PPR, depending on lineup requirements, I'm pretty sure I'm not touching a WR in the top 3, even OBJ. Put it this way... I'd rather have Charles/Jeffery as my RB1/WR1, than OBJ/Morris.

I'm still not sold on Anderson and at 1.7.

After OBJ, this was my next thought as well. Certainly, he could produce enough to validate that pick. I think my hesitancy with Anderson is the way in which he sort of fell into the job last year. Makes me wonder just how securely he holds that job. If he gets hurt, misses a couple of weeks, and somebody else fills in adequately, where does it leave him?

Just speaking in terms of him being my #1 pick in a redraft. In general, I love Anderson, but a lot of that has to do with having acquired him through FA last year, in a number of leagues. Cost me very little, and helped win a couple of championships.

Bottom line... Love the guy as a FA pickup or late round pick (last year, obviously). As my #1, I'd be nervous (only because I want somebody in Round 1 with as little risk as possible).

The team that drafted AP, Jimmy Graham, Hilton, and Joique Bell COULD be a disaster. All depends on AP and Bell. Graham in the 2nd, now that he's in SEA, is a reach, IMO.

Personally, I think Peterson will be fine, and Bell will produce enough this year to warrant that pick. But, Graham in the 2nd of a non-PPR league seems early.

After OBJ, this was my next thought as well. Certainly, he could produce enough to validate that pick. I think my hesitancy with Anderson is the way in which he sort of fell into the job last year. Makes me wonder just how securely he holds that job. If he gets hurt, misses a couple of weeks, and somebody else fills in adequately, where does it leave him?

Just speaking in terms of him being my #1 pick in a redraft. In general, I love Anderson, but a lot of that has to do with having acquired him through FA last year, in a number of leagues. Cost me very little, and helped win a couple of championships.

Bottom line... Love the guy as a FA pickup or late round pick (last year, obviously). As my #1, I'd be nervous (only because I want somebody in Round 1 with as little risk as possible).

Forsett in a similar situation went at 3.10. As for CJ, Hillman looked good before he was hurt and Ball was apparently playing hurt all year. Granted to new staff really doesn't have any ties to any of the 3 so who knows how it shakes out. Too much uncertainty for my 1st round pick

I think Anderson fits better after the next tier (Hill, Murray, McCoy). Ideally, you get Murray or McCoy as your RB1, then grab your RB2 with upside in Anderson after the turn. In a non-PPR league, I have no issue with waiting until the 3rd (or later, even) to grab my first WR. It's not a necessity, but it's not something I shy away from, either. I've won my long-time non-PPR local three times (over the course of 15 years), and in two of the three years, I started the draft RB-RB-RB (and we only start two).

I'll save that debate for another day/thread, though. :lol:

Forsett in a similar situation went at 3.10. As for CJ, Hillman looked good before he was hurt and Ball was apparently playing hurt all year. Granted to new staff really doesn't have any ties to any of the 3 so who knows how it shakes out. Too much uncertainty for my 1st round pick

As someone who took Montee Ball at 2.3 last year, I'm wary of taking someone that high when you've know assurances over who'll actually be getting the carries.

Seems Stewart went a bit low considering his end to the year was as good as Anderson's (just without all the TDs).

I like Stew this year and think he'll be a nice value in drafts.

As someone who took Montee Ball at 2.3 last year, I'm wary of taking someone that high when you've know assurances over who'll actually be getting the carries.

I took him higher than that last year. Twice. And I know better. Worst part was he was supposed to get the bulk of the carries. That appendectomy really made it crazy.