[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First Draft of the Year

DMD

I like Stew this year and think he'll be a nice value in drafts.

Sure, if you can land him in the last few rounds, maybe.

Last time he played in more than 9 games? 2011.

Last time he had more than 761 rushing yards? 2009.

Last time he posted more than 3.6 ypc? Also 2011.

The guy had 20 TDs in his first 2 years, with year 2 being a solid 1,000+ yard season with 10 TDs.

Since then the guy has not been healthy EVER. I hate to be the anti-taz but if you're drafting this guy, you are a gambler.

The guy had 20 TDs in his first 2 years, with year 2 being a solid 1,000+ yard season with 10 TDs.

Since then the guy has not been healthy EVER. I hate to be the anti-taz but if you're drafting this guy, you are a gambler.

The gamble/risk isn't as great if you get him at a value.

Don't get me wrong, I have and probably will again argue the same when it comes to the injury history. However at this time I'm surprised to see some like J. Bell, McFadden (talking about injuries), and Gore, or some of the unproven runners like Hyde and even Gurley valued more highly then someone who recently performed when given the opportunity.

Was this a dynasty/keeper draft or just a redraft?

I took Anderson at the 1.07. Can't say I was happy with the pick but all the RBs I wanted went before me of course and I was deciding between Forte, Anderson and McCoy. I had intended to later pick up Monte Ball but I let him go since it was just a mock draft for a magazine. I am only now starting the process of ranking and projecting so I'll be more resolute in a few weeks.

Denver is likely to run a little more this year and Anderson at least enters as the starter. I would agree - in a draft I would almost never take a risk on my first pick. Since it was non-ppr, it made me like both Forte and even McCoy a little less. That may change.

Since it was non-ppr, I wanted to go RB-RB unless I really liked a WR but Calvin Johnson went right before me so I opted for Foster who I thought was a decent value at 2.06 and after him came Ingram, Morris and Hyde which is a step down IMO.

I wanted to take a WR with my #3 pick but I wanted Cobb or Hilton who were both taken before me. Another drop down in my opinion since next best Benjamin, Hopkins, Sanders, Matthews, etc was another step down. I wanted Gordon but he was taken right before me so I opted for Gurley and a RB-RB-RB which I normally don't like but that was just the way it seemed to fall to me.

In the fourth the WR were still ho-hum but Brees was there and in a non-ppr, QBs are more valuable.

My eventual team was:

QB Drew Brees

QB Joe Flacco

RB CJ Anderson

RB Arian Foster

RB Todd Gurley

RB David Johnson

WR DeSean Jackson

WR Jeremy Maclin

WR Jarvis Landry

WR Dorial Green-Beckham

WR Marques Colston

WR Devin Funchess

TE Greg Olsen

TE Jason Witten

PK Steven Hauschka

DEF Cardinals

First draft of the year is always interesting when you look back in August. For drafting 7th, I like the team I think. I tried to blend my WRs with soldi vets and uspide youngsters.