[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tevin Coleman

theirish

I know there will be a lot of hype around Gordon and Gurley and probably even Yeldon this year as the best rookie RB. However, I wanted to see what everyone's thought processon Coleman. Freeman was suppose to be the man coming up in Atlanta last year and that obviously never panned out, could Coleman take over right away and be succesful, where they so need to establish some kind of running game. Never watched him play, but i do know he had 7.49 YAC on a team that was not very good at Indiana.

I know there will be a lot of hype around Gordon and Gurley and probably even Yeldon this year as the best rookie RB. However, I wanted to see what everyone's thought processon Coleman. Freeman was suppose to be the man coming up in Atlanta last year and that obviously never panned out, could Coleman take over right away and be succesful, where they so need to establish some kind of running game. Never watched him play, but i do know he had 7.49 YAC on a team that was not very good at Indiana.

He's amazing. Saw him play many times last year for Indiana. He torched Ohio State for 200+ at their place. I think he can be a serious stud in the ATL.

Edited by Trojanmojo

http://www.jsonline....-301335901.html

Third-year junior. "He's explosive as heck," one scout said. "More of a straight-line guy. Every time he touches the ball it's a potential touchdown. Not a quick, nifty runner." Followed RBs Anthony Thompson and Vaughn Dunbar as the Hoosiers' third consensus All-American. "Little bit of a crease runner," said another scout. "Not a lot of movement. But you run a zone stretch with him, he'll plant it and get downhill." Finished with 452 carries for 3,219 (7.1, 28 TDs) and 54 receptions. Just back from a turf toe injury that concerns teams. Several personnel men said he is one of several draft-eligible players detected with the sickle cell trait. "He's the only one in a long time that can outrun pursuit angles," another scout said. "That's how fast he is. But he's not a creative back. I don't think he's a good natural runner inside. Doesn't run with a lot of power." From Tinley Park, Ill (Oak Forest High).

Really a non-issue. He doesn't have the disease, he's simply a carrier.

ETA: http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/sicklecell/documents/SCD%20factsheet_Sickle%20Cell%20Trait.pdf

Edited by bud29