[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DeflateGate: The Well's Report

keggerz

243 pages?! Good lord, I barely made 15 on my big comparative piece placing Edgar A. Poe's short story character Dupin as the original prototype for fictional detectives, greatly influencing the likes of the Sherlock and Mason series (and that had a sh*t ton of source material)

As George Washington famously said at the first constitutional convention: TL; DR

Honestly, the only difference this makes is that Brady MIGHT not be a first ballot HOFer. And I'm really not sold that will even happen.

Does it really tarnish his legacy? He has four SB rings.

It's disappointing. We'll never know how long the Patriots have been doing this, or if it made a difference in any game(s). Unless maybe if the Pats ball boy decides to write a tell-all expose' to make some money. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

Yeah Bill Simmons was talking about this on Dan Patrick today. Look at what Brady did with the properly inflated balls. Not like it ended up mattering much. And you're crazy if you think other QBs don't get their balls doctored :unsure:

Kickers smoosh the ball before every kick, ish happens. Meh.

Yeah Bill Simmons was talking about this on Dan Patrick today. Look at what Brady did with the properly inflated balls. Not like it ended up mattering much. And you're crazy if you think other QBs don't get their balls doctored :unsure:

This.

Brady was Super Bowl MVP tossing around balls that were inflated to specs.

Every team doctors the balls to what their QB wants, before they go to the refs to be checked and adjusted. Not after, which is what the Pats did (most probably according to the report).

I was discussing this elsewhere and somebody provided some of the text between the ball boys (equipment guys). There was also a quote from Kraft that tried to explain why the NFL didn't get to interview one of them again, saying they had 4 interviews already and the guy has a full time job. I don't think the NFL really cares, no should they. I think most people other than Pats fans figure they cheated, and know that BB and the organization likes to stretch all the rules to their limit, and beyond.

I doubt there will be any serious punishment, some chump change fines (to Kraft's wallet size), no way is Brady suspended for the kickoff game, they'd sooner suspend BB for that game, or push it off to a few weeks later when the spotlight isn't on them.

Every team doctors the balls to what their QB wants, before they go to the refs to be checked and adjusted. Not after, which is what the Pats did (most probably according to the report).

I was discussing this elsewhere and somebody provided some of the text between the ball boys (equipment guys). There was also a quote from Kraft that tried to explain why the NFL didn't get to interview one of them again, saying they had 4 interviews already and the guy has a full time job. I don't think the NFL really cares, no should they. I think most people other than Pats fans figure they cheated, and know that BB and the organization likes to stretch all the rules to their limit, and beyond.

I doubt there will be any serious punishment, some chump change fines (to Kraft's wallet size), no way is Brady suspended for the kickoff game, they'd sooner suspend BB for that game, or push it off to a few weeks later when the spotlight isn't on them.

Really? And you know this how?

Really? And you know this how?

I simply meant we do know (or can assume) that all QBs ask their staff to set the balls to some inflation level, be it soft, hard or middle. This is allowed and other QBs (Rodgers was one) have said they ask for the ball pressure to be manipulated to their liking.

What we don't know, nor can we assume, is that all QBs or teams are doctoring the balls after they have been checked by the officials, which is what the Pats were accused of and the report says they were doing.

The statement "And you're crazy if you think other QBs don't get their balls doctored" implies they all do what the Pats were found to have done. And that isn't a valid assumption in my opinion.

Who knows, maybe it was a conspiracy and the Pats ball boys were plants paid by somebody else to ruin the Pats legacy.

I was listening to a local sports station and they were talking about the difference in the feel of the ball when it is is inflated to just 12 pounds & how much softer it is at 11. It was noticeable to them & they are just two "sports guys." They brought up how some people are asking why or how the refs didn't notice since they handle them on every play and they are trained to be able to tell when the ball has been altered or out of spec. I'll take it a step further though. The center handles it just as much as Brady, then you have the RBs, WRs & TEs. Are they telling us that not one of them noticed it? That not one of them asked about it & none of them knew about it? I'd have to call BS on that. I still think this whole thing has much more to do with limiting fumbles than how Tom likes his balls and regardless of what this report or any other says about Belichick not knowing or not being involved, he still should be held accountable for the actions of his team. The league already set a precedent for that, to do anything less is just blatant favoritism.

• Like 1

Brady's interview with Jim Gray tonight was a complete joke. Someone needs to tell Brady to either stop talking or 'fess up. This middle ground he's trying to find is going to get him buried.

His constant grinning doesn't help either. Its like he's saying "screw you, I ain't saying anything." I saw some coverage of that on CNN (Anderson Coopers show) and they were all saying they understand he cannot really say anything, but his approach and saying he hadn't read the report sounded like the answer of a politician.

The local news replayed Brady's interview after the incident, since he wouldn't make any comment now. I had forgotten how much he sounded like Sgt. Schultz "I know nothing!".

• Like 1