[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Report: Tom Brady will be suspended

I have read the following quote a few times in this thread and feel it is a moot point.

Also, Wells made it clear that he was comfortable with Brady's camp going through the phone themself and passing on pertinent phone records - no turning over of the phone necessary. They refused.

Of course he's comfortable with it. If he doesn't like what he finds he has an easy out that Brady's camp did not provide all "pertinent" information and that without looking through the phone himself he can't be sure. No one believes anything Brady or the Patriots say/do at this point, so why would you trust them to provide the proper phone records? Simple, you wouldn't.

You either give them the phone so they can look through it or you don't provide it at all.

if I'm not mistaken, Rodgers said in an interview recently that he has his game balls over the legal limit because that's how he likes them. Should he be suspended?

Did he admit to tampering with the balls AFTER THE REFS CHECKED THEM. Or has the NFL found some evidence of that, like they have with the Pats?

That is the key, every team is allowed to tinker with the balls, then the refs get them, fix them and pick a bunch to be used. After that you DO NOT TOUCH THEM.

Why is this so hard for people to understand? Do you think the two are the same?

keg,

Interesting info regarding those occurrences in 2004, that may have been a factor in NFL punishment, or decision to find (or belive) the Pats were guilty. It has been established (Saints bounty scandal) that refusing to comply when warned about something is a big deal (as it should be, its thumbing your nose at authority).

NFLPA plans to call goodell as a witness, asks him to recuse himself from appeal

I am Jack's total lack of surprise...

Next up, Goodell sticks his head into a lion's mouth.

I have read the following quote a few times in this thread and feel it is a moot point.

Of course he's comfortable with it. If he doesn't like what he finds he has an easy out that Brady's camp did not provide all "pertinent" information and that without looking through the phone himself he can't be sure. No one believes anything Brady or the Patriots say/do at this point, so why would you trust them to provide the proper phone records? Simple, you wouldn't.

You either give them the phone so they can look through it or you don't provide it at all.

First off, let me say I agree with your rhetorical question: Why would you trust them? Brady is a lying, cheating snake.

But, speaking diplomatically: Creating a hypothetical of how you believe Ted Wells would have conducted his report had Brady cooperated and the Patriots allowed him a 2nd interview with relevant staff, to me shows that you have no interest in the facts presented, only in the person presenting those facts. I heard Brady has a few free Sundays coming up if you're looking for a good time :brow: I won't tell Chip, I promise.

First off, let me say I agree with your rhetorical question: Why would you trust them? Brady is a lying, cheating snake.

But, speaking diplomatically: Creating a hypothetical of how you believe Ted Wells would have conducted his report had Brady cooperated and the Patriots allowed him a 2nd interview with relevant staff, to me shows that you have no interest in the facts presented, only in the person presenting those facts. I heard Brady has a few free Sundays coming up if you're looking for a good time :brow: I won't tell Chip, I promise.

Facts were presented? Were Brady's fingerprints found on the deflator by CSI:NFL? Doesn't seem a smoking gun has been publicized yet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A decision on Tom Brady's appeal is not expected until mid- or late-July.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1163/tom-brady

Article 46 of the CBA requires a decision to be issued "as soon as practicable." As we've seen before in cases like this, it's going to take a while.

The post-hearing briefs in the appeal aren't even due until late next week, and then Roger Goodell will digest them.

If Brady's camp isn't happy with the ruling, he'll then challenge the NFL in court. PFT suggests that path could lead to Brady being under center in Week 1 against the Steelers as the case gets tied up in the courts.

PFT suggests that path could lead to Brady being under center in Week 1 against the Steelers as the case gets tied up in the courts.

What a bunch of bullhonda that would be.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Meh. That game is going to have huge ratings anyway.

Sure but do they want egg on their face for a big star missing the game for cheating during the playoffs? Can they get the NBC crew to not mention it for 5-6 hours of coverage.

Can they get the NBC crew to not mention it for 5-6 hours of coverage.

How about another lecture from Costas and/or Florio on what you should be offended by in the NFL?

• 3 weeks later...