[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joseph Randle

LOL. Did you see a squirrel?

Severe ADHD?

Narcolepsy?

A cowboys fan from NJ with the handle "Whomper"? Are you Chris Christie?

A very respected football fan in here and no he's not Chris Christie.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

McFadden couldn't even make it through the first day of camp without getting hurt, he's on the PUP list (hamstring injury was before camp started, but he's not ready to go yet).

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-darren-mcfadden-cowboys-20150730-story.html

May not be serious (the Cowboys don't think so) but not too surprising either.

JJ thinks with his O-Line RBs are plug and play, and to some extent there is truth in that belief. However, I think we would be fooling ourselves if we believed there is a back on Dallas' roster that will put up the numbers Murray did last year. In fact I am not convinced that all the backs combined will match Murray's production from last year. I just don't buy the Randle hype, not convinced he can be an every down back (I hope I am wrong). How many running backs have we seen that have tried to make the jump from relief role to star roll and fail miserably. And I am really not convinced that a Raider throw away will save the running game - like many others I am not convinced McFadden can stay healthy.

JJ thinks with his O-Line RBs are plug and play, and to some extent there is truth in that belief. However, I think we would be fooling ourselves if we believed there is a back on Dallas' roster that will put up the numbers Murray did last year. In fact I am not convinced that all the backs combined will match Murray's production from last year. I just don't buy the Randle hype, not convinced he can be an every down back (I hope I am wrong). How many running backs have we seen that have tried to make the jump from relief role to star roll and fail miserably. And I am really not convinced that a Raider throw away will save the running game - like many others I am not convinced McFadden can stay healthy.

I agree to a degree. However, Randle has skills and looked great when given the chance last season. I remember thinking, if Murray goes down, we'll be okay. I wouldn't be shocked to see this kid kill it this year and not only be in the race for leading the league in rushing but come fantasy draft time next year, seeing this kid talked about in the 1st round.

This is all looking very nice for my gamble on Randle. As long as Dallas can resist the temptation of signing a washed up vet off the streets, I will be a happy camper!

I told you man. Look at my sig. Trade with Whomper. "Ill make your team better !! "

I told you man. Look at my sig. Trade with Whomper. "Ill make your team better !! "

Your team improved there too. I think that was a true win win (if Randle works out). If Randle doesn't pan out, I didn't get nearly enough in return. We shall see. Its one of the reasons I LOVE to trade.

McFadden is going to be the starting tailback in week 1. He's the best we have in pass protection and will run wild all season. I still don't think they trust Randle and will give him a solid role but DMC will be the bell cow in Dallas.

Respectfully disagree - McFadden has never been a bellcow and has never remained healthy. He's out now with the second hamstring issue in the last few months and on both legs. McFadden has been a bust for the last 5 years. This will be the third straight year he is on a one-year contract I think. He might have a good game or even two. But he'll never be a solid anything besides a bust.

Respectfully disagree - McFadden has never been a bellcow and has never remained healthy. He's out now with the second hamstring issue in the last few months and on both legs. McFadden has been a bust for the last 5 years. This will be the third straight year he is on a one-year contract I think. He might have a good game or even two. But he'll never be a solid anything besides a bust.

I'll add that if the hammy issues linger, he may not be on the roster alot longr. They paid him nothing

McFadden is going to be the starting tailback in week 1. He's the best we have in pass protection and will run wild all season. I still don't think they trust Randle and will give him a solid role but DMC will be the bell cow in Dallas.

Please remove the goggles. That hot chick your staring at is a gimp

• Like 1

Completely disagree.

I hear you all. If you look back at my posts about him his first two years I called him bird legs and figured it was only a matter of time before he was out of the league. I have watched him over the years and found he was stronger then I thought. After seeing him play when he gets any blocking at all, he racks up yardage and finishes runs. We said the same thing about Murray before last year. McFadden took A LOT of hits around the line of scrimmage in Oakland. Murray also took a lot of hits when our line was poor.

Players in Oakland tend to wind down over time because they see the hopelessness in max effort after a while. No QB play, poor O line, and a defense that hasn't stopped anyone combined with loss after loss after loss. What I see in McFadden is a back with speed, good vision and excellent in pass protection. Now that he has a line in front of him and wont be side stepping defenders as soon as the ball is handed off, I can see the guy having a very strong year. Randle got blown up by Church on an all out blitz in practice twice yesterday.

I just got a feeling that McFadden is going to show up and show out as a veteran back that still has skills to be very productive while being rock solid in pass protection.

We'll see but I just have a feeling it's his chance to shine and will take full advantage of it. I know I'm going against the grain here but I just got a good feeling about him.

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 1

It seems to me the Cowboys are planning on Randle being their #1 guy. Read this on NFL.com. I know it's early yet and things can change but Randle is the more talented guy while Mcfadden is an injury risk and is currently injured.

Randle's confidence makes sense after Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said the third-year runner "has the potential to be the kind of back that would step in there and be your No. 1 back."

That lines up with what NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday from Cowboys camp, saying that the "starting job at this point is Joseph Randle's to lose," and that "inside this organization, they think extremely highly of the guy who was their backup last year. They love his vision, they love how explosive he can be, they think he is just scratching the surface."

Said RapSheet: "There is a reason the Cowboys didn't come close to paying $8 million for DeMarco Murray like the Eagles did."

Edited by Finn5033

All this hype of Dallas having the best OL in the NFL and they can plug and play any RB and succeed is tiring. First of all, the best OL goes to the Ravens. I'm not sure why so many people discount keeping the QB off his back when rating, but I guess "America's Team" hyperbole plays a big part. Secondly, Randle nor McFadden are DeMarco Murray. Not even close. So stop all this nonsense. They will have a successful running game no doubt, but to think they will even come close to last year is laughable. So take off the goggles...it's embarrassing.

• Like 1

I predict that anybody that drafts Randle and/or McFadden with the anticipation said back will be the starter and will put up numbers like the Dallas running game last year will be regretting their decision by mid-season. In fact, I predict that it will be very difficult to predict from week to week which back on the Dallas roster will be a factor that particular week ... and the back that contributes late in the season may not even be on the roster yet.

In JJ's infinite wisdom he has decided that he has an offensive line that is so dominant that he can plug and play any RB (and thus had no issues letting Murray go) ... so nobody should be surprised if it is plug and play RB roulette from week to week as they attempt to find and ride the hot hand.