[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joseph Randle

If this mess was on one of the other 31 teams in the NFL no one would say a word, as who f'n cares? Only Dallas matters... :)

This reminded me of this scene in Chasing Amy:

Banky Edwards: Alright, now see this? This is a four-way road, okay? And dead in the center is a crisp, new, hundred dollar bill. Now, at the end of each of these streets are four people, okay? You following?

Holden: Yeah.

Banky Edwards: Good. Over here, we have a male-affectionate, easy to get along with, non-political agenda lesbian. Down here, we have a man-hating, angry as truck, agenda of rage, bitter dyke. Over here, we got Santa Claus, and up here the Easter Bunny. Which one is going to get to the hundred dollar bill first?

Holden: What is this supposed to prove?

Banky Edwards: No, I'm serious. This is a serious exercise. It's like an SAT question. Which one is going to get to the hundred dollar bill first? The male-friendly lesbian, the man-hating dyke, Santa Claus, or the Easter bunny?

Holden: The man-hating dyke.

Banky Edwards: Good. Why?

Holden: I don't know.

Banky Edwards: [shouting] Because the other three are figments of your trucking imagination!

• Like 2

Garrett will NOT take the risk of having an undependable back leading his backfield.

Wait, are you de facto using the term "dependable back" and the name "Darren McFadden" in the same sentence?

The mind, it boggles....

Wait, are you de facto using the term "dependable back" and the name "Darren McFadden" in the same sentence?

The mind, it boggles....

No what I am saying is McFadden has proven he can pick up the blitz and is a veteran with no off the field issues. I truly believe players that come from Oakland are unknown quantities as far as production goes. Players there can easily get unmotivated losing and getting beat up like Oakland RB so often do. I am saying that Randle is a proven bonehead and a year removed from proving that to the team and fans is not enough to win you trust in a Garret Backfield. Sure he might get more opportunities but to say they are going to pencil him over McFadden into the offense as the starter, I don't think so.

McFaddens ability to play the position is not the question. His ability to stay healthy is. I think if Big John pulled up the draft thread, a majority of us here warned of that very issue. Playing in Oakland has nothing to do with his Inability to stay healthy at all.

• Like 2

McFaddens ability to play the position is not the question. His ability to stay healthy is. I think if Big John pulled up the draft thread, a majority of us here warned of that very issue. Playing in Oakland has nothing to do with his Inability to stay healthy at all.

Huh.

What would your feelings be if your boy J-Stew had gone to the Cowboys? You would have bust a nut.

DMC missed a lot of games in 2011. He missed significant action in 2013. Aside from that, he's missed a few games here, a few games there.

Now look, I'm not saying injuries aren't of concern with the guy. But you have to admit.... talent + opportunity + incredible offensive line could be a major boon to his value.

And if you think that playing behind a shoddy OL had nothing to do with his propensity to get hurt, I find that to be a short-sighted opinion. While it doesn't have everything to do with it, a strong argument could be made that it's at least a factor.

And, for the record... disclaimer: I own DMC in a grand total of zero leagues. I just know the guy oozes with talent, fits the Dallas scheme, and could be a monster running through holes my mom could probably bust through.

... and, let me add: If Joseph Randle is declared the starter from Day One and they elect to just stick with the "hot hand", DMC may not see enough snaps to even matter. In order for DMC to get a shot, Randle will have to be unimpressive or get hurt himself. I could see either one happening.

Edited by darin3

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/311593/ben-tate-working-out-for-rb-needy-cowboys

Free agent RB Ben Tate is working out for the Cowboys Thursday.

Tate's 2014 season was draped in red flags as he was outplayed by Isaiah Crowell/Terrance West in Cleveland, complained about his role and was released. He then bounced to Minnesota and Pittsburgh, continuing to show zero burst. So it's highly unlikely he'd provide Dallas an upgrade on their current underwhelming stable of Joseph Randle, Darren McFadden, Ryan Williams and Lance Dunbar. Still, the Cowboys' desire to at least kick the tires on Tate suggests they're not done tinkering at the running back position.

Source: Josina Anderson on Twitter

May 21 - 9:29 AM

NNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

And I forgot to add that his low YPC is not so much because of a good or bad line, it is because he simply is not elusive and never makes people miss.

where is felix jones - jerah should bring him back.

You're a God. :bow:

• Like 1

Thomas joins the pack of "declining skills" along with Steven Jackson, Ahmad Bradshaw, Knowshon Moreno and Chris Johnson. Ray Rice also probably belongs in that gaggle. If any of them end up on a team it won't be as a starter or more than just depth really. But the older they are, the more their minimum costs so a rookie saves a team a lot more money for a player that the team is not really counting on anyway

I totally disagree with you here. Getting hit down in and down out by linemen rather then DB's and LB's takes a much larger toll on the body. Look at Murray. When our O line wasn't that good he would get hit a lot more then he did last year when he was able to deliver the hit instead of getting pounced on by 300 pound men and piled up on. Getting hit by one person at a time is far more easy to deal with then getting hit by two or three guys along the line of scrimmage which happened A LOT in Oakland. No doubt in my mind McFadden lost some of his desire and aggressiveness looking to where the hit is coming from instead of looking for holes. I could imagine learning to run more defensive when you don't have any passing game to keep defenses honest and playing from behind week in and week out. There has got to be something to that.

It would be nice to see a study on that kind of thing. Teams with poor running games and poor O lines and the health of the running backs on those teams.

I don't care if you have actual bulldozers for lineman. McFadden would get injured coming out of the huddle. Your missing the point on his fragility all together. The homer glasses get thicker every year.

You're

Thomas joins the pack of "declining skills" along with Steven Jackson, Ahmad Bradshaw, Knowshon Moreno and Chris Johnson. Ray Rice also probably belongs in that gaggle. If any of them end up on a team it won't be as a starter or more than just depth really. But the older they are, the more their minimum costs so a rookie saves a team a lot more money for a player that the team is not really counting on anyway

I didn't know he was that far gone.