[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joseph Randle

ESPN Dallas' Todd Archer predicts Joseph Randle will handle the "bulk" of the carries in the Cowboys' 2015 backfield.

I can buy into this some...he looked really good last year in limited relief of Murray. Should be interesting to see how it plays out in pre-season with a RBBC approach.

NOT going to happen. Garrett will NOT take the risk of having an undependable back leading his backfield. McFadden will have every opportunity to start and hold the RB job. Since he is coming from purgatory which is the Raider abyss, I can see a resurgence in his career. McFadden is BIG, motivated and still runs a 4:34 40. I think he is going to surprise a lot of people. The other option is the Cowboys trading for another vet back to take the job. Randle must prove he has grown up and that will take this year to do. I firmly believe that Randel will be the change of pace back possibly more then last year but no where near featured.

NOT going to happen. Garrett will NOT take the risk of having an undependable back leading his backfield. McFadden will have every opportunity to start and hold the RB job. Since he is coming from purgatory which is the Raider abyss, I can see a resurgence in his career. McFadden is BIG, motivated and still runs a 4:34 40. I think he is going to surprise a lot of people. The other option is the Cowboys trading for another vet back to take the job. Randle must prove he has grown up and that will take this year to do. I firmly believe that Randel will be the change of pace back possibly more then last year but no where near featured.

Well then they best stop the talk of McFadden returning kicks because his body is not up to that & feature back
  • Like 2

McFadden...enough already. Please stop.

Why, how would you like to run in Oakland. They put you out there, give you no blocking or passing game, and let linemen and LB's tee off on you for 60 minutes. I can't tell you how many times I saw their QB hand off the ball only to see the back have to side step more than one defender even before he can secure the ball. How many years of getting crushed by 300 pound linemen can bird legs take. Not that many as we found out. Running in Oakland is like playing in the movie Running Man. Guy has to run the gauntlet while mercenaries take their shots down in and down out. I'd start running more defensively too.

We'll see but I get the feeling he'll have more running room in Dallas and LB's won't be so keen on cheating the run so much. Could be just what the Dr. ordered for the guy.

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 1

Here is the thing though. While McFadden was only rushing for 3.3 ypc in 2013 on 114 carries, Rashad Jennings ran 163 times for a ypc of 4.5 which he parlayed into a ticket out for a bigger pay day in New York. Same line. And Jennings was no former 1st round pick. He was a journeyman RB who did nothing in JAC for three years after being drafted in the 7th round.

• Like 3

You act as though the guy will never get touched. He is fragile as you get....his history is not an injury...he has bad knees, ankles, feet, hamstrings, and a really bum shoulder.

Please just stop.

Latest news is that McFadden just injured his shoulder while typing an angry response to this post.

• Like 1

Whether its McFadden, Randle or even Dunbar running behind that O-line they should have success but in fantasy terms it's going to be nothing like last year. Whomever gets the carries week one isn't necessarily going to be the guy getting the carries in week eight or ten due to injuries and backs being given a chance.

• Like 1

...it's going to be nothing like last year. Whomever gets the carries week one isn't necessarily going to be the guy getting the carries in week eight or ten due to injuries and backs being given a chance.

Same exact thing said about Murray last pre-season...

Same exact thing said about Murray last pre-season...

That was more to do with injury though. He was undisputed #1 going into the season and everyone knew it but they didn't think he'd hold up, it was a fair assessment given his injury history. But I think we'll see more of a committee approach where performances determines who gets more carries.

• Like 1

I wish I had considered keeping Joseph Randle on my squad last season so that I'd be able to consider him as a keeper for 2016. My RB have been bad historically, so anything decent can help.

I'm forced to move from my Taxi squad or drop this year , was starting to think it was a drop before the Murray trade , now I'm happy to have him.

North/South runners still need to make people miss or they take massive punishment. This is not a debate about how good the Dallas OL is. I am not even sure what you are saying...you think McFadden is a great fit in Dallas but you won't draft him because his injury history...so he's really not a great fit then.

And I forgot to add that his low YPC is not so much because of a good or bad line, it is because he simply is not elusive and never makes people miss.

where is felix jones - jerah should bring him back.

Dude, if you were in Oakland you would play spooky too, looking for the next hit rather then daylight. Oakland is truly the black hole for players. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if DM has a few odd stop/start moments where there is nobody around and he stops, crouches down expecting to get hit and then realizes he has daylight. Like a hit shy dog who cowers before his owner expecting to get hit and when it doesn't come wags the tail and stands up. Oakland's line was horrible and their passing game was worse.

Edited by Cowboyz1