[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Second Draft of the year

DMD

Was a 12 team, 22 round best ball QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-WR-TE-PK-DEF with no reception points or flex. Thought it was a better one than my first with fewer players falling and less picks that surprised me. Rodgers at 1.02 was early IMO. This year seems to be all about RB in round one and all about WR in round two. I drafted 12th and started with McCoy and Beckham since I did not like the RBs still there. I wanted to go Gordon and Gurley with my next two picks but Gordon went right before me so I opted for Gurley and Brees as a safe play.

1 RB Jamaal Charles

2 QB Aaron Rodgers

3 RB Eddie Lacy

4 RB Le'Veon Bell

5 RB Marshawn Lynch

6 RB Adrian Peterson

7 RB Arian Foster

8 WR Antonio Brown

9 TE Rob Gronkowski

10 RB C.J. Anderson

11 RB Matt Forte

12 RB LeSean McCoy

13 WR Odell Beckham Jr.

14 WR Dez Bryant

15 QB Andrew Luck

16 WR Demaryius Thomas

17 WR Julio Jones

18 WR Jordy Nelson

19 RB DeMarco Murray

20 WR Calvin Johnson

21 WR Randall Cobb

22 RB Alfred Morris

23 TE Jimmy Graham

24 WR Mike Evans

25 WR Emmanuel Sanders

26 WR A.J. Green

27 WR Alshon Jeffery

28 RB Jeremy Hill

29 WR T.Y. Hilton

30 WR DeAndre Hopkins

31 RB Mark Ingram

32 RB Carlos Hyde

33 WR Kelvin Benjamin

34 WR Jordan Matthews

35 RB Melvin Gordon

36 RB Todd Gurley

37 QB Drew Brees

38 WR Brandin Cooks

39 RB Justin Forsett

40 RB Lamar Miller

41 RB T.J. Yeldon

42 RB Jonathan Stewart

43 QB Peyton Manning

44 QB Russell Wilson

45 WR Sammy Watkins

46 WR Brandon Marshall

47 RB Duke Johnson

48 RB Joique Bell

I'm a Denver fan and can't tell you who will end up being the starting back. I don't know how it doesn't scare some of these guys off of drafting Anderson so early. Does anyone remember Steve Slaton? Not saying that will be Anderson, but a RB can go from being very relevant to a ghost very quickly. Kubiak has done it before.

• Like 1

At least in a best ball, you can grab Montee Ball for insurance. There is no way that Ronnie Hillman will become the primary.

• Like 1

I would have been hoping for forte and been slightly disappointed with shady but he does have a higher ceiling. 2nd pic tho I would have snagged Luck no question! ODB could be OGB(oss) but not a lock and teams will definitely be scouting/sending extra help against him. Luck is a sure fire top 10-15 overall fantasy player no question

Drafting 12th means either grabbing someone who has fallen - did not really happen much in this draft - or sometimes taking a position. I had planned on taking a QB with my 3/4 swing since most drafts see them fall that far. I still had a choice between Manning or Brees. I knew WR would go in round two and had I not taken one there I would have missed on the first 16 drafted. I was happier with the #3 QB and my #2 WR than a #2 QB and a #17 WR.

I thought about WR-WR but it was non-PPR and RBs would have been stripped with the next 22 picks before I went again. If it was PPR I would have probably gone WR-WR.

This was my resulting team - I like to mix high upside/risk with solid but only moderately productive when I do best ball. I won this league last year.

QB Drew Brees

QB Carson Palmer

QB Johnny Manziel (22nd pick so no expectations)

RB LeSean McCoy

RB Todd Gurley

RB LeGarrette Blount

RB Jay Ajayi

RB Matt Jones

RB Lorenzo Taliaferro

TE Zach Ertz

TE Jordan Cameron

WR Odell Beckham Jr.

WR Amari Cooper

WR Victor Cruz

WR Dorial Green-Beckham

WR Pierre Garcon

WR Cecil Shorts III

WR Allen Hurns

K Dan Bailey

K Randy Bullock

DEF Broncos D/ST

DEF Cowboys D/ST

Good call on broncos D, I like them this year. They got playmakers in Von miller and ware along with other solid players and Shane Ray if he comes back strong. All that and the broncos moving to more run heavy means they won't be putting up 40 points fast so their D ends up giving up points to teams airing it out while they play conservative.