[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Bennett

Avernus

I wouldn't, he would have the same problem in Minnesota that Bennett has now.

354119[/snapback]

no...in the situation he is in now in houston...if that was Bennett....he'd be rated higher than Davis is now.....easily.....I'd have him above Portis

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no...in the situation he is in now in houston...if that was Bennett....he'd be rated higher than Davis is now.....easily.....I'd have him above Portis

354124[/snapback]

But he's not in Davis's position, he's in the TDBC(touch down) in Minnesota. :D

And if Bennett played for Houston last year, he would be injured again. doh

If Bennett had Tony Hollings behind him as the back up, I would take him.

354090[/snapback]

but he doesn't......what the hell are you getting at now?...

since you're coach Tice...can you tell me if Marcus Robinson is holding on to the #2 spot next to Moss?...

thanks...it's greatly appreciated

Well Davis sure didn't get injured playing for Houston :D  The only injury last year was a minor one against the Panthers.

354151[/snapback]

he got dinged up a few times....I wish I had your crystal ball though...foresight and hindsight seem to be your strong points :DB)

he got dinged up a few times....I wish I had your crystal ball though...foresight and hindsight seem to be your strong points :D  B)

354156[/snapback]

Yes mine tells me Davis will be a top 5 RB since he's the man in Houston, and he's not a supporting cast member to The Freak, Randy Moss. :D

all I want to know is.....when has he actually said something like this...and said it more than once....then looked like a liar....

I'm not a viking faithful...so I seriously would like some information...

that's all I'm asking....if what someone is saying sounds like junk...I'll let it be known

that is all..

354088[/snapback]

You don't want anybody's opinion. You have all the answers.

This has been a RBBC since the first day Tice has been the coach.

But now this year, Bennett, even after considering the depth at the RB position, is going to take the whole workload. Looks like you have all the info you need or want. :D

You don't want anybody's opinion.  You have all the answers.

This has been a RBBC since the first day Tice has been the coach. 

But now this year, Bennett, even after considering the depth at the RB position, is going to take the whole workload.  Looks like you have all the info you need or want.  :D

354195[/snapback]

wasnt he the coach in 2002?

Yes mine tells me Davis will be a top 5 RB since he's the man in Houston, and he's not a supporting cast member to The Freak, Randy Moss.  :D

354163[/snapback]

yea...screw the crystal ball...I want what you're smoking instead

Good news for one of my keeper-league teams (which has Bennett), bad news for my other one (which has Williams, although he's become more or less expendable anyway, now that I've snagged Rudi Johnson in our draft).

353263[/snapback]

Anyone else have reservations about a league where Moe Williams is a keeper, but Rudi Johnson is not? :D:D

Check out the Vikings.com website.  Fanball's Paul Charchian is analyzing the Vikings.  Why would that be?  They don't know as much as Avernus.

354225[/snapback]

I still believe the HC above them...that is all...Bennett didn't have problems in 2002 and was said to be the every down back in 2003 but was injured....and when he came back...he walked into a RBBC mess.....I don't care if he loses an occasional TD....he still puts up yds and would be my 3rd RB....

now that he's been healthy all offseason...the FO doesn't want to look like fools for taking him in the 1st...

you let him carry the reigns...Williams is being phased out and Smith should come in if Bennett misses time or becomes hurt...

wasnt he the coach in 2002?

354208[/snapback]

Moe Williams had 84 carries 414 yards and 11 Tds in 2002.

Bennett had 255/1296/5.

Chapman had 12/89/0.

Those three plus Culpepper accounted for the league best rushing team. A good year for Bennett, but still not making him the league's best back from the league leading rushing team.

Moe Williams had 84 carries 414 yards and 11 Tds in 2002.

Bennett had 255/1296/5.

Chapman had 12/89/0.

Those three plus Culpepper accounted for the league best rushing team.  A good year for Bennett, but still not making him the league's best back from the league leading rushing team.

354255[/snapback]

I am not looking for a back to lead the league....even though he has the capability of doing so...

all I have known him as is the speedy back who can break a long one usually if he's playing on turf....and he plays 12 turf games this year....

as my #3 back behind deuce, Rudi...and maybe even Thomas Jones....the emergency value can't be passed up...

Avernus, what makes you think Hollings will take carries away from DD? Yea, he got some yardage, preseason, but fumbled twice. DD will be the main man in Houston. Hollings will spell him, but DD remains the guy. DD vs: Bennett? Easy. Not even close. Coaches will ALWAYS play the guy that they think gives them the best chance. In any situation. Goal line. 1st and ten. They play whomever they think gives the team the best chance to suceed. Moe Williams proved himself last year at the goal line. Bennett=RBBC. D Davis? The main man, goal line, 3rd and long, and everything in between.

Avernus, what makes you think Hollings will take carries away from DD? Yea, he got some yardage, preseason, but fumbled twice. DD will be the main man in Houston. Hollings will spell him, but DD remains the guy. DD vs: Bennett? Easy. Not even close. Coaches will ALWAYS play the guy that they think gives them the best chance. In any situation. Goal line. 1st and ten. They play whomever they think gives the team the best chance to suceed. Moe Williams proved himself last year at the goal line. Bennett=RBBC. D Davis? The main man, goal line, 3rd and long, and everything in between.

354437[/snapback]

I dunno...the fact that Dom Capers said he's taking 10 touches a game from him?(edit: 10-15)

I'm not trying to be a smart ass....but this was already confirmed a couple of weeks ago

Edited by Avernus

also...Moe Williams is in a contract year...he's behind Bennett and Smith...so he's not going to see the touches he has previously....they are going to try and get as many reps for their 2 backs they plan on running with in the future....

have one back and another one to play when and if the starter gets hurt...