[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft advice

SxJx9

I've been doing some mock drafts lately to see who is ranked where and lately I've been seeing two QB's get drafted in the first round of a 12 team league. Those QB's being Rodgers and Luck. I know the first round of drafts usually see mostly RB's taken, but would taking Rodgers and Luck be worth it to miss out on an elite RB? I have the sixth pick in my up-coming draft, the best picks would be Foster/Brown, and I'm not sure if I should test my luck with picking one of those QB's. Not sure how many people come on here since it's the off season. Any advice would be good.

Keeper/dynasty or plain redraft?

If former, couldn't fault such a move for Luck or Rodgers (but especially Luck); if latter, I wouldn't take the gamble that early

It's a redraft league. Mock drafts I did last year didn't even come close to what I actually ended up drafting. With Luck/Rodgers going in the first round in mocks this year, they could very well get picked in the second round. That's what I'm hoping for. As soon as someone picks one of them, my next pick will have to be the other one. I drafted RG3 last year, ended up trading him for Newton before the season started. Newton was a better choice of course, but QB was a pain for me all year.

Edited by SxJx9

I would not pick luck in the first round.

Early QB is a losing proposition. The production is too easily replaced to warrant using a premium pick.

At the 6 spot you can grab a top WR or solid RB. Personally, I'd think long and hard about Gronk right there too.

Yeah, someone in my league picked Manning in the first round last year, and he ended up in last place. Looking at the ranks and who I could get, who would you draft? A. Foster, A. Brown, C. Anderson, M. Forte, D. Murray, or Gronk? The chance of L. Bell falling is probably 50/50, but I would for sure draft him if he managed to drop due to the suspension.

Edited by SxJx9

Wouldn't take a QB in the first round, as others have stated their production can be pretty closely replicated by a pick much later in the draft. Of the options you listed I'd go Bell(My number 1), Gronk(Obviously elite talent at a position lacking starpower), Brown(top tier wide receiver on a great offense without any major flaws), Foster(Could be the best player in fantay IF he can stay healthy), Murray/Forte(depending if it's PPR or not), then Anderson(too many question marks on that offense, especially in the backfield)