[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which team improved the most this offseason?

DMD

Offseason 2015  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which team improved the most with free agents and the draft?

• BUF - LeSean McCoy, Percy Harvin and Charles Clay
    • IND - Frank Gore, Andre Johnson, Philip Dorsett
    • MIA - Jay Ajayi, Kenny Stills, DeVante Parker, Jordan Cameron
    • NYJ - Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bryce Petty, Stevan Ridley, Zac Stacy, Brandon Marshall, Devin Smith
    • OAK - Trent Richardson, Amari Cooper, Michael Crabtree
    • STL - Nick Foles, Todd Gurley
    • TEN - Marcus Mariota, David Cobb, Dorial Green-Beckham, Harry Doublas

Which NFL offense refreshed with the most new talent? Hard to measure sometimes considering there are gains and losses, but at least a few teams on paper seem to have really improved.

Gotta go with the Titans. While they still may be the worst team on this list the fact that they were able to get their franchise QB jumps their team forward more than anyone else on the list.

Edited by willswear3

The Jets.

The reason isn't the players either, it's because they go from the oppressive and terrible Rex Ryan regime to a Chan Gailey offense. I could not imagine a bigger swing in offensive philosophy than that.

The Bills would be in the running were they not saddled with Rex.

Call me crazy but I think it's the Colts and not even close.

1. Added one of the most productive WRs over the past several years. Sure, Johnson's about to turn 34 but if this doesn't scream "career resurgence" I don't know what does. The guy's been a receptions machine and in the Colt offense, he should be a vacuum. So many weapons for Luck, this just gives him one that's ultra-reliable.

2. Added one of the steadiest RBs over the past few years. T-Rich was T-Crap, Herron's just a guy... yes, Gore's also old (32) but like AJ, he's reliable and will provide the Colts with a steady rushing weapon.

3. And perhaps overlooked is a guy who, in theory, is crucial to their offense. Not the actual person per se', but the position. If TY Hilton walks after this season, it's thought that Dorsett could be the guy step in seamlessly.

The Colt offense was already one of the best in the NFL, adding two steady options and a backup at one of the most important positions was monumental.

Edited by darin3

Call me crazy but I think it's the Colts and not even close.

1. Added one of the most productive WRs over the past several years. Sure, Johnson's about to turn 34 but if this doesn't scream "career resurgence" I don't know what does. The guy's been a receptions machine and in the Colt offense, he should be a vacuum. So many weapons for Luck, this just gives him one that's ultra-reliable.

2. Added one of the steadiest RBs over the past few years. T-Rich was T-Crap, Herron's just a guy... yes, Gore's also old (32) but like AJ, he's reliable and will provide the Colts with a steady rushing weapon.

3. And perhaps overlooked is a guy who, in theory, is crucial to their offense. Not the actual person per se', but the position. If TY Hilton walks after this season, it's thought that Dorsett could be the guy step in seamlessly.

The Colt offense was already one of the best in the NFL, adding two steady options and a backup at one of the most important positions was monumental.

I would agree. Too bad they didn't help their defense. They're gonna lose some games 52-50 I think

I would agree. Too bad they didn't help their defense. They're gonna lose some games 52-50 I think

Coming from it with a fantasy football perspective, I can only think "awesome"

• Like 2

They didn't make as big of a "splash" on defense as they did offense, but they did make some good moves on the defensive side as well:

- Trent Cole (may be a little older - but he still has a year or two left in the tank)

- Kendall Langford (a solid run stopper who has yet to miss a game in his 7 year career)

- Nate Irving (depth move - and a solid run defender)

- Henry Anderson - some people are calling him the steal of the draft. Dudes a beast.

- D'Joun Smith - rookie CB who has a chip on his shoulder. May not be an impact player this season, but will get his chance.

- Clayton Geathers - rookie safety who's opening a lot of eyes and turning a lot of heads in OTAs.

- Don't forget - Robert Mathis is back this year - he missed all of last season.

Like I said, none of these guys are big name superstars - they're making moves quietly in the right direction. I think the Colts are gonna win a lot of 42-28 kind of games.. Not that this is where it needs to be discussed, but I won't hesitate in the slightest to take Luck at the back end of the 1st round in a redraft league. I reached and took him late in the 2nd last year and won my league. :)

Edited by Shorttynaz

What title? Like the title of the worst team in the NFL? That's the only title I see them contending for.

Don't hate! That Participation Ribbon is gonna be proudly displayed on the fridge in the team break room

- Don't forget - Robert Mathis is back this year - he missed all of last season.

I thought I read something saying that Mathis suffered a setback and may miss time this year as well?

Is TRich to be considered a gain or loss?

I saw them on the list with him and Crabtree list and thought "really, those are improvements?" Amari Cooper could be the next Jerry Rice and they'd still be one of the worst teams in the league. Heck they're the Raiders what else they gonna be...

DMD, ya left Ndamukong Suh off Miami's list. I honestly forgot about that move..

I think when he said "which NFL offense" that kind of eliminated Suh from needing to be mentioned. You know, since he plays defense...

I voted Bills. I know the QB situation may but be much but the players they got are definite upgrades over what they had. Rex may be the head coach but he isn't the OC.

Voted Phins just cos I think they found pieces they need to improve.

Problem with the Bills is McCoy is running behind a dreadful interior O-line so think he will struggle, Harvin will have 1/2 monster games then disappear or get injured and Charles Clay is inconsistent as well.

Indy it's hard to say they improved that much considering their offence was top 10 anyways and its the defence that was the problem more often than not.

I think when he said "which NFL offense" that kind of eliminated Suh from needing to be mentioned. You know, since he plays defense...

I voted Bills. I know the QB situation may but be much but the players they got are definite upgrades over what they had. Rex may be the head coach but he isn't the OC.

My first thought was the Bills as well (just looking at those names), but the reality is that their QB situation is still dreadful. Definitely one of the worst in the league, no matter who they start, IMO. Plus, when you break it down, I'm not sure the pieces they added really make them that much better. Clay? Meh. He's decent, but I wouldn't say he's a game-changer. Harvin? Head case, plain and simple. And, other than the age difference, I don't know that McCoy is any better than Jackson. Clearly, he's younger (and they realize that they can't ride FJax forever), but at the end of the day, they're still the same Bills. Very good defense, good rushing offense, and passing offense that will rank near the bottom of the league, most likely.

I like the Colts, at least in theory. Gore gives them a reliable rushing threat (although I do think he will lose time, sooner than later, to Robinson and/or Herron). And, Johnson gives them a guy that can move the chains (that they lost in Wayne), which should compliment Hilton nicely.

Not terribly excited about anybody else on the list, with the exception of Miami. I think they added enough pieces to cement Tannehill's place as a top-ten fantasy QB for the next half-dozen years, potentially. I'm not ready to call them the next juggernaut offense yet, but they're headed in the right direction.

I'd lean Buffalo, but much of my vote would be because the system will change, and they will run 25+ times per game, and have a true workhorse to lean on. Harvin will make life much easier for Ryan to run the ball down opponents throats.

IND definitely improved, but the question was, "who improved the most on offense?". They got better, but not significantly better....only because they were already one of the top offenses.They got marginally better, tuning up a couple weak spots with solid (but unspectacular) additions.

Surprised PHL wasn't brought up as at least an option to vote.....ya know, since they added the league's leading rusher in Demarco Murray, a solid #2 in Ryan Matthews, a #1 WR thread in Nelson Agholor & a QB who miles ahead of Sanchez in Sam Bradford. They should be a better, more consistent, more drive-sustaining offense than in recent years.

I'd lean Buffalo, but much of my vote would be because the system will change, and they will run 25+ times per game, and have a true workhorse to lean on. Harvin will make life much easier for Ryan to run the ball down opponents throats.

They did that last year. Under Rex, it might be 30+ times/game.