[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which team improved the most this offseason?

DMD

Offseason 2015  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which team improved the most with free agents and the draft?

• BUF - LeSean McCoy, Percy Harvin and Charles Clay
    • IND - Frank Gore, Andre Johnson, Philip Dorsett
    • MIA - Jay Ajayi, Kenny Stills, DeVante Parker, Jordan Cameron
    • NYJ - Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bryce Petty, Stevan Ridley, Zac Stacy, Brandon Marshall, Devin Smith
    • OAK - Trent Richardson, Amari Cooper, Michael Crabtree
    • STL - Nick Foles, Todd Gurley
    • TEN - Marcus Mariota, David Cobb, Dorial Green-Beckham, Harry Doublas

Rebump...Is this thing decided yet???

My guess is that one, maybe two (if Indy wins their division) of these teams make the playoffs.

I am sticking with the Jets. They sure are fun from a fantasy standpoint.

Well Miami fired their coaches during the season, so they got that going for em. :bag:

It's easy to say now, but I think it's the Jets hands down. Adding Marshall made Decker and Ivory better. Fitz has done more than he ever did in Buffalo or Houston. Getting Cromartie back was big. Leonard WIlliams is getting playing time.

I would actually put the Raiders in 2nd...they are a couple of years away, but I see them owning that division soon.

It's easy to say now, but I think it's the Jets hands down. Adding Marshall made Decker and Ivory better. Fitz has done more than he ever did in Buffalo or Houston. Getting Cromartie back was big. Leonard WIlliams is getting playing time.

I would actually put the Raiders in 2nd...they are a couple of years away, but I see them owning that division soon.

Since I hadn't voted before it was easy for me, definitely the Jets. ;)

But I did have fun reading a few names that were thought to be big signings that would help those teams (yes I know it was posted way back in June), especially TRich, I don't even recall hearing that he played this year, so I checked and saw he was cut by the Raiders before the season started. He also worked out for the Saints about a month ago. Still amazing that not one but two teams used first round picks to acquire this guy.

Hmmm. I think the Bills are a better team, but that is more due to Rex Ryan and Tyrod Taylor, neither of whom came through FA or the draft.

I voted NYJ, and I think that is probably the correct answer as of the 3/4 pole. Though the Titans' moves may have payoff down the road next year.

• 4 weeks later...

If they had made the playoffs it wouldn't even be a discussion, but I still think it's the Jets and that it isn't particularly close.

I would rank them as follows

Actually improved:

Jets

Raiders

Stayed about the same or marginally improved:

Bills

Dolphins

Rams

Got worse:

Colts

Didn't get worse, but still so bad that it doesn't matter:

Titans

Jets would get my vote, followed by the Raiders. Even though they (the Raiders) faded somewhat down the stretch, adding the pieces that they have (franchise QB and stud WR) is huge. I know... Carr technically wasn't THIS off-season, but this was the season that he really started to impress.

As for the Jets, adding Fitz and Marshall has made a huge difference. It's too bad that they came up just short... I think they could have been just as dangerous as PIT or KC in this week's wild card round. That early-season home loss to Philly (not to mention getting swept by BUF) came back to bite them.

All of the others... TEN, MIA, BUF, STL, IND... looked pretty good at times, and terrible at other times.