[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which team improved the most this offseason?

DMD

Offseason 2015  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which team improved the most with free agents and the draft?

• BUF - LeSean McCoy, Percy Harvin and Charles Clay
    • IND - Frank Gore, Andre Johnson, Philip Dorsett
    • MIA - Jay Ajayi, Kenny Stills, DeVante Parker, Jordan Cameron
    • NYJ - Ryan Fitzpatrick, Bryce Petty, Stevan Ridley, Zac Stacy, Brandon Marshall, Devin Smith
    • OAK - Trent Richardson, Amari Cooper, Michael Crabtree
    • STL - Nick Foles, Todd Gurley
    • TEN - Marcus Mariota, David Cobb, Dorial Green-Beckham, Harry Doublas

I suppose the term "stud" can be overused - and usually is. Fantasy stud is a top 10 pick. A true #1 at that position.

In terms of the real NFL - I suppose I'd classify stud as a top player at his position. One who would warrant being the started on his (or most any) team. Gore whether it be with the Colts or someone else would probably be the starter. He's not a 20+ carry workhorse he once was, but he's certainly worthy of being the lead back in a committee on most teams. Who knows. Maybe I have my BeeR goggles on and just letting the homer in me muddy up my vision..

As Jimmy Graham/Tyler Lockett somehow didn't make this biased list, I went with St. L. I think Foles is actually a downgrade from a healthy Bradford, but Gurley is going to be so darn perfect for that team.

As Jimmy Graham/Tyler Lockett somehow didn't make this biased list, I went with St. L. I think Foles is actually a downgrade from a healthy Bradford, but Gurley is going to be so darn perfect for that team.

:rolleyes: Really, who's bias are we talking about here?

• Like 1

I think Foles is actually a downgrade from a healthy Bradford

Sure, but he's an upgrade from having Bradford for 4 games a year with Clemens/Davis/Hill etc. for the other 12.

• Like 1

The current Bills regime remind me so much of the Seahawks before they found Wilson. A great def, some decent skill players, great running game, and a pretty decent coach. Now they have McCoy to stabilize the rb position to along with their def. If they could only find a franchise qb relatively quickly (as it seems most teams need to do), I see them making a huge step into the elite teams.

He looked like he was running through molasses last year compared to Hyde. I'd project him putting up numbers a lot closer to Steven Jackson as a Falcon than a fantasy stud.

Hmm. Odd that he averaged significantly more YPC (4.3 to 4) and had a 52 yd long run vs 28 for Hyde.

The Jets and Bills may have made the best moves but neither has a trigger-man to actually improve the offense.

The Jets should at least improve from turrrbbblll to average at QB. The Bills, not so sure.

The Jets should at least improve from turrrbbblll to average at QB. The Bills, not so sure.

Chan Gailey has a reputation for making chicken salad out out of chicken honda QB's.

I don't like Rams RB's.

As bad teams go Tenn can only go up.

The current Bills regime remind me so much of the Seahawks before they found Wilson. A great def, some decent skill players, great running game, and a pretty decent coach. Now they have McCoy to stabilize the rb position to along with their def. If they could only find a franchise qb relatively quickly (as it seems most teams need to do), I see them making a huge step into the elite teams.

I remember Rex Ryan and the Jets when they had LT and several other solid playmakers on offense and defense. They looked like the team to beat in the AFC as the offseason was winding down. Look where he took them..

I remember Rex Ryan and the Jets when they had LT and several other solid playmakers on offense and defense. They looked like the team to beat in the AFC as the offseason was winding down. Look where he took them..

Absolutely agree with this, coaching is the wild card factor in my assessment, thats why I said "decent" coach.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry, but I don't get the love for the Gore signing. The track record for 32 year old FA RB's is atrocious. When Rb's hit the wall they slam into it. This move has been universally applauded by the media and NFL insiders. I just think it's a mistake to depend on a 32 year old RB. It's one of the reasons I really like Josh Robinson as a great late round flyer.

I'm putting on my Bengals goggles and putting in a vote in for my Bengals. As usual, no ground breaking FA's. We did get Michael Johnson back after a 1 year stint in TB. We should have a good rotation on the line, after injuries forced some players into more snaps than they should have gotten last year. I'm speaking more about the injuries we had last year than FA or the draft. We get what should be our #2 and #3 options in the passing game in MJones and Eifert. I think the biggest key is that Geno Atkins had an offseason to get his conditioning back, after last offseason was spent rehabbing from the torn ACL. Word out of mini camp is that he has his trademark quickness back to go with his ridiculous strength.

I just think people are discounting the Bengals this year, and it's a mistake. At least I sure hope they are wrong. I was in Vegas a few weeks ago and put 50 on them to win the super bowl at 35/1. Here are a few teams that had better odds, an left me scratching my head.

ATL 30/1

Minn 30/1

SF 25/1

Edited by Capt. Stanky

Come on guys , you must all be drunk if you are naming the Colts

The question was " Which Team Improved The Most " with the Colts ending 2014 @ 11-5 are you saying they are going 15-1 ?

Without a doubt the correct answer is BUF , they will finish 2015 @ 12-4 or 13-3 by far the most improved of the teams on this list

Oh by the way guess who play each other the 1st week of the regular season , BUF 23 / Colts 17

Come on guys , you must all be drunk if you are naming the Colts

The question was " Which Team Improved The Most " with the Colts ending 2014 @ 11-5 are you saying they are going 15-1 ?

Without a doubt the correct answer is BUF , they will finish 2015 @ 12-4 or 13-3 by far the most improved of the teams on this list

Oh by the way guess who play each other the 1st week of the regular season , BUF 23 / Colts 17

McCoy is nice, but they gave up Alonzo. What the hell has Harvin done to merit any praise? Clay is about an average TE.

What the hell has Harvin done to merit any praise? Clay is about an average TE.

From 09-12 he was a multipurpose, gamebreaking threat. Heck, you could see a ripple effect from when he came into the league, all these people started looking for the "next" Harvin...GB in particular did a great job in Randall Cobb; KC somewhat less so with Dexter McCluster.

Now Harvin is just a guy, and an inferior player to a few of his successors. And I kinda doubt Ryan/Roman are the guys to tap into his maybe-dormant playmaking potential.

From 09-12 he was a multipurpose, gamebreaking threat. Heck, you could see a ripple effect from when he came into the league, all these people started looking for the "next" Harvin...GB in particular did a great job in Randall Cobb; KC somewhat less so with Dexter McCluster.

Now Harvin is just a guy, and an inferior player to a few of his successors. And I kinda doubt Ryan/Roman are the guys to tap into his maybe-dormant playmaking potential.

And for the last 2 years, he has, apparently been nothing but a pain in the ass, and a low scoring pain in the ass, at that. I'm not busting balls here, but I don't see him as an upgrade over very many WR's. ( I know, we agree to a point ).....

I'll roll with Indy on this one assuming Gore holds up...Putting Andre with Hilton is going to kill people and Andre will be a fantasy steal in the 60's where he's at. I plan on taking him way earlier than that just under the assumption that he could have a career year with the human chucking machine Andrew Luck.

• 2 months later...