[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

1st overall pick in startup dynasty

TK3

Who would you take 1st overall in Dynasty Startup Leauge?

The leauge is 12 teams, PPR with 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, P, DEF.

I was leaning towards andrew luck, but just listened to the DFL podcasts and reading other advise staying to draft QB's late.

If you had this pick who would you take, and why.

Thanks for any advice

Edited by TK3

Holy mackerel.....someone has a man crush with OBJ....

In dynasty, the dude is pretty clearly the most valuable player IMO. He could significantly regress from last year and still be the #1 WR. And he's only 22. What's not to love?

I lean Luck only because you know with him being only 25 you are going to get anywhere from 8-12 years where he is a top 3 QB(with a very good chance to be #1 most years). There is miniscule risk from him, but you still get major upside.

• Like 1

QB- always deep enough to find one. not as big a difference make as people hope or think mainly due to the fact that you can always find one

RB- shelf life too short

WR- This is where I would look. Take one of the young guys. There are a handful to choose from and it's all personal preference IMO

Agree with Zooty. Or, if you can, trade down a few spots (where you can probably still get one of those top WR's, and improve your picks later in the draft). I wouldn't do so for a small draft improvement, but if somebody is willing to pay dearly for the #1 pick, take advantage.

• Like 1

Agree with Zooty. Or, if you can, trade down a few spots (where you can probably still get one of those top WR's, and improve your picks later in the draft). I wouldn't do so for a small draft improvement, but if somebody is willing to pay dearly for the #1 pick, take advantage.

I agree with this. Trading down is the best move if you can get a good payoff.

Or, if you can, trade down a few spots (where you can probably still get one of those top WR's, and improve your picks later in the draft). I wouldn't do so for a small draft improvement, but if somebody is willing to pay dearly for the #1 pick, take advantage.

If you're not going to capitalize on the opportunity to take Luck in a dynasty start up, a number of the other owners will happily trade up to take him and let you have your choice of wrs.