[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You worried About DeMarco Murray?

Papa Deuce

I have him in my main league. I'm a die hard Eagles fan.

From a fantasy perspective, I'm a bit worried. I might even trade him if I can, as I am loaded at RB. My guess is he loses about 400 yards and 4 TD's from last year's total.

But, I don't know who I would keep. In a league where we draft 6 RB, I also have Peterson and Anderson. Peterson seems like an enigma to me this season..... part of me thinks he will be a beast, but part of me looks at his age / injuries.

But as far as Murray goes, I am just worried about him slpitting time with 2 other backs.

Murray's stats will surely dip as he'll definitely be losing touches. I think AP could finish as the top overall RB and Anderson should be studly.

I believe both AP and Anderson finish better than Murray on the season.

Edited by irish

I think Murray will still be decent in Philly but he's clearly not going to live up to last year because he won't have the huge volume and the O-line in front of him probably won't be as dominant. Doesn't mean he can't be a top 10 RB, especially if Ryan Mathews continues to be injury prone, but its just unlikely he ends up back at #1.

How many RBs have been the #1 fantasy RB in consecutive years? I would guess the number is exceptionally low, and you might be able to count them on one hand going back 20 years (AP perhaps, maybe Holmes, maybe Terrell Davis).

Murray will probably be another that has a tough time repeating a phenomenal year, though I would have said that even if he was still a Cowboy. But I don't expect a huge jaw-dropping decline, either.

1600 combined/12 TDs would be my guess, which should put him in top-6 territory.

How many RBs have been the #1 fantasy RB in consecutive years? I would guess the number is exceptionally low, and you might be able to count them on one hand going back 20 years (AP perhaps, maybe Holmes, maybe Terrell Davis).

Murray will probably be another that has a tough time repeating a phenomenal year, though I would have said that even if he was still a Cowboy. But I don't expect a huge jaw-dropping decline, either.

1600 combined/12 TDs would be my guess, which should put him in top-6 territory.

Yeah, I'd go about 1,500 total yards and 10 TDs with about 30-35 receptions. Top 10 at the RB position but with some taking WRs in round 1, Murray could fall out of round 1, after finishing as the #2 RB. So to fall out of round 1 or not be taken in the 1st half of round 1 the following season, after finishing as the #2 RB, that's rare.

I highly doubt he falls out of the 1st Round. There's always those Owners that fall in love with last year's stats. I'm not worried about him, just don't have as high of expectations

• Like 1

I've done many RTS drafts this spring (40 plus) and so far Murray is consistently falling to the middle to late 2nd round in 10 and 12 man money drafts. I don't think I've seen him go in the first round once. Not once. Most people are saying in the chats during the draft that they are concerned with Mathews and Sproles drastically cutting into his work load. I have been able to pick him up as my second RB many times and paired him with guys like Forte and Charles. My guess is his ADP will likely rise sometime during late training camp and early preseason.

Edited by heehawks

I've done many RTS drafts this spring (40 plus) and so far Murray is consistently falling to the middle to late 2nd round in 10 and 12 man money drafts. I don't think I've seen him go in the first round once. Not once. Most people are saying in the chats during the draft that they are concerned with Mathews and Sproles drastically cutting into his work load. I have been able to pick him up as my second RB many times and paired him with guys like Forte and Charles. My guess is his ADP will likely rise sometime during late training camp and early preseason.

This is so dumb. Mathews hasn't been able to stay healthy his entire career. Not saying Murray is the model of health but the guy fits Chip Kelly's system perfectly and will be the bellcow in that offense.

Saying a Smurf and a guy who spends more time on the trainer's table than on the field are going to significantly cut into Murray's value is just asinine at this point.

This is so dumb. Mathews hasn't been able to stay healthy his entire career. Not saying Murray is the model of health but the guy fits Chip Kelly's system perfectly and will be the bellcow in that offense.

Saying a Smurf and a guy who spends more time on the trainer's table than on the field are going to significantly cut into Murray's value is just asinine at this point.

I agree 100 percent, that is just what the masses seem to be thinking.

I'm worried about Chip Kelly more so than Murray, as it seems Kelly only owns pencils and a very large eraser. If Murray doesn't meet the expectations that Kelly has invisioned, will he do to him (during the season) as he has done to so many others this off season? It's probably unlikely this would happen, but Kelly has shown us that no ones job is safe and anything is possible

His price will be too high for me. I'm concerned with the crowded backfield but REALLY concerned with the number of touches he had last year(449). History shows those guys break down the next season. And it ain't like DeMarco hasn't had injury issues in the past.

Tell me how you really feel.... :thinking:

It's actually not dumb and will happen. If you think Sproles isn't going to catch passes and that Mathews won't take some carries, you're crazy. That decreases Murray's value from this past season, which is why he's falling into the 2nd round versus getting the respect of a guy who finished with numbers that would demand a top 5 pick the following year.

I think Murray will still be decent in Philly but he's clearly not going to live up to last year because he won't have the huge volume and the O-line in front of him probably won't be as dominant. Doesn't mean he can't be a top 10 RB, especially if Ryan Mathews continues to be injury prone, but its just unlikely he ends up back at #1.

Depends on your league scoring. If he gets a lot of passes he could be as good, we get 1.5 PPR in the league where I have him. Don't forget Philly's extra plays they run too.

His price will be too high for me. I'm concerned with the crowded backfield but REALLY concerned with the number of touches he had last year(449). History shows those guys break down the next season. And it ain't like DeMarco hasn't had injury issues in the past.

This. Unless he falls really low I'm not touching him. I'll be targeting AP myself as I think he'll have an awesome rebound year. I like players who play angry.

Edited by ShuckCreations

• 1 month later...

I'd like to revive this thread. For people drafting lately, where has he been landing? I know it is preseason but after watching the beginning of the Eagles game on Saturday it does seem pretty clear that Mathews and Sproles will take a lot of touches as long as they are healthy

Edited by Finn5033

Well, since I am the OP, I must say that my thoughts on Murray are even worse now than before. I'm thinking his total touches drop by 100 - 110 this year. Could be 120+, even. That could be a good thing, I guess, but when I have seen Murray play, he seems to get better as the game progresses.

I can see Kelly pulling him earlier in games than I would like to see, just to keep him healthy. He's already said he has concerns about keeping him healthy.

I have him in my main league. I'm a die hard Eagles fan.

From a fantasy perspective, I'm a bit worried. I might even trade him if I can, as I am loaded at RB. My guess is he loses about 400 yards and 4 TD's from last year's total.

But, I don't know who I would keep. In a league where we draft 6 RB, I also have Peterson and Anderson. Peterson seems like an enigma to me this season..... part of me thinks he will be a beast, but part of me looks at his age / injuries.

But as far as Murray goes, I am just worried about him slpitting time with 2 other backs.

He had 1800 yards rushing and 13 rushing TDs

You are projecting him at 1400 yards and 9 TDs

Just who do you think you are going to get in a trade that tops your projection?