[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You worried About DeMarco Murray?

Papa Deuce

I think the split will be much closer to 50-50 with Murray and Mathews than people think. The coaches LOVE Mathews. He looks very decisive and explosive through the hole. I could see Murray getting more yards and Mathews getting more and longer TDs. I would rather take another top RB early and grab Mathews later.

How many RBs have been the #1 fantasy RB in consecutive years? I would guess the number is exceptionally low, and you might be able to count them on one hand going back 20 years (AP perhaps, maybe Holmes, maybe Terrell Davis).

Murray will probably be another that has a tough time repeating a phenomenal year, though I would have said that even if he was still a Cowboy. But I don't expect a huge jaw-dropping decline, either.

1600 combined/12 TDs would be my guess, which should put him in top-6 territory.

I will take it even further...how many top 10 RB's come back the following year as a top 10 RB?

AP

Charles

Lacy

Lynch

McCoy

That is 5 and by the time I start having my drafts I am willing to bet McCoy won't be ranked as a top 10 RB anymore...

Edit: I forgot Murray haha, but I don't have him in my top 10....but I believe he is considered to be a top 10 fantasy RB to most people though..

Edited by Avernus

LIke some have said I'm more worried about Murray getting hurt than having "limited touches" he will still be the main goalline back and get plenty of yards in this system so if hes healthy hes a top 5-6 RB. I also think Mathews has stand alone value as a flex and wouldnt be surprised at all if hes a top 20 RB this year which is why i prefer taking Mathews later instead of murray to limit the risk.

How many #1 rushers the year before went to a new team the following year?

I can't recall the last time this happened. He will not be used the same way here or with the same volume...

Normally I would write off Murray and say he is going to likely get hurt based off the amount of carries he had last year.

But Chip is big into sports science and nutrition so I can't help but think Murray plays at least 8 or 9 games at the very worst and is quite productive as a downhill runner in this fast paced system...

I think Ryan Matthews has value too....but can't help but think that by week 10 Kenjon Barner will be the stsarting RB for the Eagles and poses a serious threat as a match light down the stretch..

Kinda hard to take this serious when Adrian Peterson's ADP is 11th overall..

you need to adjust the search to "real" drafts (excludes mocks) and only after 8/15. Also select PPR or Non PPR. I selected non PPR since that's what my league does. Since 8/5 ADP is overall 2nd, behind Bell and ahead of Lacy. Very accurate if you put in the correct date filter and exclude the dopey mocks where people do silly things.

• Like 2

I can't recall the last time this happened. He will not be used the same way here or with the same volume...

Normally I would write off Murray and say he is going to likely get hurt based off the amount of carries he had last year.

But Chip is big into sports science and nutrition so I can't help but think Murray plays at least 8 or 9 games at the very worst and is quite productive as a downhill runner in this fast paced system...

I think Ryan Matthews has value too....but can't help but think that by week 10 Kenjon Barner will be the stsarting RB for the Eagles and poses a serious threat as a match light down the stretch..

I'm confused on the bolded, is playing in only half a season supposed to be some great achievemnt. Are others expecting him to miss 10-12 games or more. He's never played in less than 10 games in a season, so at worst (with the same staff he had in DAL) I'd expect him to play in about 12-13 games, his average in 4 years.

I'm confused on the bolded, is playing in only half a season supposed to be some great achievemnt. Are others expecting him to miss 10-12 games or more. He's never played in less than 10 games in a season, so at worst (with the same staff he had in DAL) I'd expect him to play in about 12-13 games, his average in 4 years.

For a RB coming off a season with as many touches as he had.....yes, that is an accomplishment. Have you seen the NFL today? If your RB makes it to 10 games, you have a winner....as long as he is productive haha...

my expectations on Murray's health are low, so maybe he finishes the season but I think he is lucky to see 10 games..

He had 1800 yards rushing and 13 rushing TDs

You are projecting him at 1400 yards and 9 TDs

Just who do you think you are going to get in a trade that tops your projection?

I never said I wanted to trade him.... in fact, I'm not even keeping him. I'm keeping C.J. Anderson instead of him.

I just read something somewhere - and I wish I could recall where - but they are using analytics to project Murray as getting 265 rushing attempts this year.

And with another 2-3 receptions per game, that equates to about 18-19 touches per game.

Give him a modest 4.5 yards per touch, and that equals 81-85 yards per game...or 1296-1360 yards on the season. Sprinkle in 8-10 TDs, and he is smack in the middle of RB1 territory.

Pretty much exactly where he is being drafted...with plenty of upside, I would assume, if Matthews gets any sort of ding.

And with another 2-3 receptions per game, that equates to about 18-19 touches per game.

Give him a modest 4.5 yards per touch, and that equals 81-85 yards per game...or 1296-1360 yards on the season. Sprinkle in 8-10 TDs, and he is smack in the middle of RB1 territory.

Pretty much exactly where he is being drafted...with plenty of upside, I would assume, if Matthews gets any sort of ding.

I think the fact that he will be on a snap/touch count that his rhythm will be affected which leaves him more susceptible to injury.....last year was ideal for him, but I doubt he makes it past week 9 or 10 at best...

But I'm a pessimist when it comes to Mathews and Murray...but only in terms of health

• 2 months later...

I have him in my main league. I'm a die hard Eagles fan.

From a fantasy perspective, I'm a bit worried. I might even trade him if I can, as I am loaded at RB. My guess is he loses about 400 yards and 4 TD's from last year's total.

But, I don't know who I would keep. In a league where we draft 6 RB, I also have Peterson and Anderson. Peterson seems like an enigma to me this season..... part of me thinks he will be a beast, but part of me looks at his age / injuries.

But as far as Murray goes, I am just worried about him slpitting time with 2 other backs.

Man, oh, man.... in my worst nightmares, I never saw this coming. And he slid to avoid a hit against Miami? Chip Kelly has ruined this guy, just like he has ruined the whole Eagles team.

I don't think I can trust any Philly player right now. I started Jordan Matthews at the last minute last week and got lucky with the garbage time. I can't take Murray being pulled for Mathews or Barner in another blowout.