[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Leaving myfantasyleague, what's the next best option?

49erAddict-08

It pains me to say this but after 10+ years, I will be moving our league from myfantasyleague this year to another site. If it were up to me, I would stay there forever. I love the site and the customization.

However, more and more of my league owners are managing their teams solely from their smartphones. Many have complained for years about the MFL app (or lack thereof) and how easy their ESPN/Yahoo leagues are to manage remotely. I've stuck to my guns for a long time but am finally relenting.

So, in lieu of MFL, what would the next best option be? Our league used to be at CBSSports before switching to MFL. I've played in many ESPN leagues over the years and I am not a big fan. I haven't been in a yahoo league in a long time. I've browsed fleaflicker and RTSports but never played in a league there. The main features in order of priority would be:

1. Mobile app - as mentioned above, this is the main reason for the switch

2. Online auction - the site MUST support this

3. Customization - No site will compare to MFL in terms of customization but the more the better

Money isn't a huge factor. While cheaper is nice, we don't mind paying for a site if it is actually better.

Yahoo for mobile, no question. Dont know about the auction capabilities. Customization is decent.

ESPN mobile sucks, IMHO.

CBS sports is just ok all around.

RTS is actually pretty darn good for mobile, great for auction, customization just ok, but not bad.

I can do all the things I need to do on MFL, on my smartphone, without an App. Not sure what the issue it.

• Like 2

I'm not sure I see the issue. Either your league mates are totally smart phone illiterate or they are just plum lazy. I can access all my leagues via browser and if not, the MFL app is perfectly fine and has been updated this year.

• Like 2

NFL.com is actually a very good side for "simple" leagues. I haven't used their fantasy app in years because it works so well in Chrome.

This might also be the only postive I will ever say about the NFL.com website.

I not only use the MFL site on my phone for managing my team. I use it as a commish to take care of the rest of the league. I don't see any functionality loss on my phone. I guess I haven't tried an app since the actual web page pulls up so well.

I've also had no issue managing multiple teams via the MFL Platinum App or just logging in via browser.

For a relatively simple setup, Yahoo works fine as well, but I do not believe it supports the auction you are looking for.

Wish I could help more, but those are the two that I use.

I'm not sure I see the issue. Either your league mates are totally smart phone illiterate or they are just plum lazy. I can access all my leagues via browser and if not, the MFL app is perfectly fine and has been updated this year.

I'm with you on this. If it were solely up to me, I'd stick with MFL.

I participate in a couple of ESPN leagues as well but I rarely use the mobile app for either MFL or ESPN. All I know is that every year I get the complaints, "The MFL app is horrible." "Yahoo/ESPN's apps are so much easier to use. I can manage everything from them better than I can on a computer screen." "If we switched, I would be much more active in the league because I don't have time to manage my team from a CPU.".....and so on and so on, yada, yada, yada.

However, after you posted, I just downloaded the new 2015 MFL Live app and I must admit, it looks very slick. I've sent it on to my league to get their thoughts. Hopefully they will be impressed as well.

• Like 1

For redraft, Yahoo is every bit as good as MFL. Easier to use actually. And easier on the eyes. And FREE

You and the 9 'live bots' drafting with you should all be very happy together... :)

And just for giggles I like to do a couple of the 'free auction leagues' on ESPN.com and NFL.com...this is an actual trade in an NFL league that went down about 5 minutes after the draft. Jorge proposed to Juan (who promptly accepted) to trade Philip Rivers ($1) and Seattle D/ST ($3) for Eddie Lacy ($57) and Calvin Johnson ($43). Hmmm...

Edited by ABearWithFurniture

really? Never saw any "is MFL down?!?!?!" threads here?

Honestly never had a problem...You have 14k+ posts so you must know. I use the mobile and desktop and never have problems. I do pay for more speed and whatnot, I'm sure that would not be the reason, but yeah...no problems.

Honestly never had a problem...You have 14k+ posts so you must know. I use the mobile and desktop and never have problems. I do pay for more speed and whatnot, I'm sure that would not be the reason, but yeah...no problems.

meh..I was mostly jerking your chain. Most here rave about MFL but every yr it seems to go down prompting a thread here and at other ff boards. I've play on MFL and yahoo and have used ESPN and cbs. They all go down at one time or another. For redrafts (all i play) I prefer yahoo. MFL is much harder to navigate imo Edited by HowboutthemCowboys
  • Like 1

I'm with you on this. If it were solely up to me, I'd stick with MFL.

I participate in a couple of ESPN leagues as well but I rarely use the mobile app for either MFL or ESPN. All I know is that every year I get the complaints, "The MFL app is horrible." "Yahoo/ESPN's apps are so much easier to use. I can manage everything from them better than I can on a computer screen." "If we switched, I would be much more active in the league because I don't have time to manage my team from a CPU.".....and so on and so on, yada, yada, yada.

However, after you posted, I just downloaded the new 2015 MFL Live app and I must admit, it looks very slick. I've sent it on to my league to get their thoughts. Hopefully they will be impressed as well.

tell them to use the webpage on their mobile browser instead of the app? :shrug:

apps aren't always better just because they are an app. Except chicken wings. Wings are always better as an app.

Edited by Zooty
  • Like 2

Personally, I like ESPN. Their mobile site is pretty damn good - and it rarely goes down. It's free - so take that for what it's worth, but in a standard redraft league, it beats paying for a site with a bazillion customization options.

If you switch to ESPN, plan on the mobile app crashing every other sunday at 12:30.

Also, be prepared for them to do some idiotic honda like take the site down for maintenance the night before week 1 waivers.

If you don't need the heavy duty customization that MFL offers, Fleaflicker is an excellent free site. Their web site is mobile optimized and basically looks like an app, except you don't have to install anything.