[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New round of suspensions

stethant

Maybe bump up Dallas' potential offensive output for the first 4 weeks of the season:

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/13188748/rolando-mcclain-dallas-cowboys-suspended-four-games

And for the Jets....well, if you're drafting Jets onto your FFL squads then perhaps you have bigger problems than a Sheldon Richardson suspension.

If there are any other suspensions with FFL impact post them here.

What a bunch of idiots. I seriously don't understand why they even try. They're going to catch you.

Especially someone like Gates who's obviously battling Father Time and has been dealing with injuries off and on for the past few years. Of course you're going to be watched over just a bit more. Random testing, come on.

A.Gates suspended 4 games also

The veteran Gates had this to say: “In my 12 years in the NFL, I have taken tremendous pride in upholding the integrity of the NFL shield and all that it entails. I have taken extreme care of my body with a holistic approach and I have never knowingly ingested a substance that was banned by the NFL. In an effort to recover from this past season, I used supplements and holistic medicines and unfortunately, I have now learned that those substances always present a risk because they may contain banned substances even if the ingredient list doesn’t reflect them.” http://www.breatheca...-players-29351/

I really want to believe these claims, especially with a good guy like Gates. But couldn't you have these things tested before using them? This type '"didn't know that was in there" claim is hard to buy.

Edited by stevegrab

The veteran Gates had this to say: “In my 12 years in the NFL, I have taken tremendous pride in upholding the integrity of the NFL shield and all that it entails. I have taken extreme care of my body with a holistic approach and I have never knowingly ingested a substance that was banned by the NFL. In an effort to recover from this past season, I used supplements and holistic medicines and unfortunately, I have now learned that those substances always present a risk because they may contain banned substances even if the ingredient list doesn’t reflect them.” http://www.breatheca...-players-29351/

I really want to believe these claims, especially with a good guy like Gates. But couldn't you have these things tested before using them? This type '"didn't know that was in there" claim is hard to buy.

ignorance of the law is no excuse. Or so I've been told

ignorance of the law is no excuse. Or so I've been told

I've heard that too. If I'm risking my high paying career ingesting something that I cannot trust the list of ingredients on, then I either don't take it or send it out to be tested for content (surely JPP can afford that).

If this is true, he should sue the manufacturer of the supplement for damaged

• 3 weeks later...

Chiefs CB Sean Smith got a 3-game suspension yetserday for a DUI. Usually DUI suspensions are only 2 games, but since he hit a lamp post, he got 3. Chiefs will now be facing both Rodgers and Manning without their #1 CB.