[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

truck Russell Wilson

Seahawks21

truck him! Seriously!! What the truck!?! You were given beast mode, the best defense of this era, and the easiest path to a Super Bowl in the history of quarterbacks. And now you're gonna walk around talking about how you're a businessman, and pay me my money. truck you. Trucccck you. We're grateful and all, but take your trucking 20+ million per year and get that mannish sloppy seconds broad of yours a trucking nose job and go out and hand the ball to the beast, let the defense do their thing, and shut the truck up. Little bitch. We don't even need your stupid ass that much. We can win Super Bowls with retired Kerry trucking Collins right now, and you want to be the highest paid player of all-time? truck you.

Edited by Seahawks21

truck him! Seriously!! What the truck!?! You were given beast mode, the best defense of this era, and the easiest path to a Super Bowl in the history of quarterbacks. And now you're gonna walk around talking about how you're a businessman, and pay me my money. truck you. Trucccck you. We're grateful and all, but take your trucking 20+ million per year and get that mannish sloppy seconds broad of yours a trucking nose job and go out and hand the ball to the beast, let the defense do their thing, and shut the truck up. Little bitch. We don't even need your stupid ass that much. We can win Super Bowls with retired Kerry trucking Collins right now, and you want to be the highest paid player of all-time? truck you.

Sloppy seconds? What's the story here?

The problem is that the QB model is broken. Is there anybody on this planet that thinks he should be the highest paid player in the NFL? He is a fringe top-10 QB. But the model is so messed up, QB's can hold their team hostage and ask whatever they want, and the team has no choice but to pay it.

How many QB's since the salary cap was implemented have won a Super Bowl while making more than 13.7% of their team's salary? Zero.

Since 1999, how many quarterbacks have won a Super Bowl while being one of the 5 highest paid QB's in the league? One. Peyton Manning in 2007.

There is a difference between getting what you can get and holding your team hostage. Then he has interviews saying "I'm not a bad business man, that's for sure."

The sloppy seconds part is in reference to his girl Ciara getting thrown the curb by Future after having his baby.

He is a fringe top-10 QB.

Last summer he was apparently better than Andrew Luck -- now he wants to get paid, and he's fringe top-10? Funny how dollar signs can change a fan's perception of a player.

This is going on in KC to some degree with Justin Houston. Everyone was raving when he was rattling off sacks under a very cheap contract - "2nd best defensive player in the league! Total beast! etc." Now he wants to get paid, and the story is "We can't win with 'x' players taking up 'x' amount of cap space, we did draft Dee Ford last year. . ."

• Like 5

I'll never get fans getting pissed over players trying to maximise their salary. dude helped you win a superbowl and helped you get to another. He deserves whatever he can get.

If Tannehill won a SB for Miami, I'd happily pay him top dollar for the next 15 years.

• Like 3

It's not that he is worth more than Rodgers, but he's signing his deal later, so he should get more. I know nhl better so I'll use that as an example. Shea Weber is easily the best dman in the league and is paid an average of 7.8 mil. PK Subban is barely top 5 and makes over 9, because he signed later. He's not even the undisputed mvp on his team like Weber. I mean, Paul Stastny makes more than Sidney Crosby.

Wilson deserves to get paid by someone, whether it is in the hawks best interest to pay him is another discussion entirely.

NHL-style bridge contracts don't work in the nfl because of the heightened injury risk and shorter careers, but in a perfect world, a two year, fifteen million dollar contract would be ideal. Not in Wilsons best interest at all though

Wilson deserves to get paid,but it's not exactly his fault either concerning how much he'll get...That's what happens when you've got idiots throwing 100+ million dollar contracts at guys like Scam Newton and Colin "Overrated" Kaepernick.

Last summer he was apparently better than Andrew Luck -- now he wants to get paid, and he's fringe top-10? Funny how dollar signs can change a fan's perception of a player.

This is going on in KC to some degree with Justin Houston. Everyone was raving when he was rattling off sacks under a very cheap contract - "2nd best defensive player in the league! Total beast! etc." Now he wants to get paid, and the story is "We can't win with 'x' players taking up 'x' amount of cap space, we did draft Dee Ford last year. . ."

Going into last summer, they were both pretty much fringe top-10 QB's. I actually was playing the other side of the coin on my local forum during that exchange, but after I saw Russell getting beat up pretty bad here, homer pride kicked in and I had to stand up for him.

This isn't about "pay the man" I'm sure the Seahawks are trying to do just that. I can pretty much guarantee that they have offered something in the 22 APY range, which puts him up there at about #2. And he obviously turned it down. So you say, "pay the man." How much? 25 per year? And if he turns that down? 30? Or do you have the balls to tell the little prick he isn't going to hold this team hostage and teach him a lesson, and take the two first rounders and 25 APY in exchange and see how he likes Christmas in Cleveland?

Edited by Seahawks21