[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Odd scoring league - Draft strategy

This league is going to end up being my primary league this year. The LM has a slightly less than common setup.

12 man league, .5 PPR, however unlike most PPR leagues, QBs still receive 6 pts per TD, and reduced points on sacs down to .50, and interceptions at 1.75. Essentially it seems as if he wanted to buff receivers while not devaluing the QB.

Additionally, the league has bonuses for various marks. 300 yards, 400 yards, long passes, long runs etc. That isn't as uncommon but just thought I'd say it.

That all being said, going forward with the draft in a few weeks, how does one approach this draft? In many standard leagues, the top QBs may go in the first round, whereas in mocks and PPR drafts its obviously QBs aren't going until the second round. Basically what I'm really asking is, given the way the scoring will be, should I value QBs higher in my draft approach than I would in a normal PPR?

Depends on your lineup requirements and what the other scoring categories are.

What is the normal range of scoring for QBs, RBs, WRs and TEs. Getting an idea of what the players score in your system and what the lineup requirements are will help in determining what appropriate value is by position.

Depends on your lineup requirements and what the other scoring categories are.

What is the normal range of scoring for QBs, RBs, WRs and TEs. Getting an idea of what the players score in your system and what the lineup requirements are will help in determining what appropriate value is by position.

I should have put the line up info, sorry. QB, RB RB WR WR FLEX TE D K. I'm not sure what you mean by normal range of scoring however. Receiving and rushing yards are at .10 for 1 yard for 1 pt per 10 yards. Passing is at .04 per yard for 1 pt per 25 yards. All TDs are 6 pts regardless.

Of course .5 PPR.

It just threw me off that QBs typically become less valued slightly in PPR formats, so the fact that QBs retain most of their value with the way he has the scoring makes me think I should treat things differently.

Range of scoring meaning what is the difference in scoring between the #1 and #12 QB for example, compared to the range in scoring of the #1 and #24 RB (as you start 2 of those).

Positional point differential is what drives value. I know me personally, barring an unusual scoring/lineup setup or a strong belief that a particular QB is going to vastly outperform his peers, would rarely take a QB in the first 5 rounds, but that is because in general QB scoring is fairly flat, even if the position as a group is the highest scoring position. But, that is backed up by taking projections and looking for the drop-offs at each position to determine value.