[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gronk

I think based on his talent, situation, and his positions lack of other top end options his draft position makes sense, but I know there is almost no chance I end up with him in any of my leagues. I know I'd rather have a Dez Bryant Martellus Bennett combo than a Gronk and Brandon Lafell combo, but that's just me.

Is this one of those alternative universe threads that happen around here from time to time?

Not at all. Take a look at various top 200 or 100 picks by fantasy websites. Gronk seems to often be in the top 12.

I wouldn't take him first round, not even sure 2nd round. He's a best, but he's still a TE.

Not at all. Take a look at various top 200 or 100 picks by fantasy websites. Gronk seems to often be in the top 12.

I wouldn't take him first round, not even sure 2nd round. He's a best, but he's still a TE.

Yeah you're right but I just can't see myself taking him round 1 or early round 2 in a non-PPR league.

For non-PPR, if you look back at stats from 2009 through last year, on average the #1 TE scores almost as many points as the #10 RB and a few more points than the #9 WR. If you do a LAG you'll see that TE value decays a bit faster than WRs but not as fast as RBs. I have to start at least 2 RBs and WRs (depends on league, granted) but I only need 1 TE. Yes, there are years where the #1 TE crushes it but you also have to account for years like 2010 and 2012 where the #1 TE stinks up the joint.

OK, now to Gronk in particular: right now he's missing his QB for the first 4 games. That may change, but as of July 11 that adds uncertainty to his value. He has prior injuries to factor in (ie will he get injured again?) that adds a bit more uncertainty. I think the case for Gronk gets stronger as you get into the mid- to late- 2nd round but by then someone else will have taken him.

• Like 1

OK, now to Gronk in particular: right now he's missing his QB for the first 4 games.

I'd say that not having a proven QB only strengthens Gronk for the first four games. Can't find a receiver? Throw it up to the tall guy and let him grab it. Either that or dump it off to the RB...and Blount has pretty good value already at where he's being taken. Sorry, that's another topic I guess.

Edited by ShuckCreations

• 3 weeks later...

Does Brady's suspension change Gronk from a round 1 or 2 to a round 3, 4, 5, etc. ?

In general I prefer not to draft TEs early, but he IS Gronk. I have him kept in my two leagues so I'm not concerned about draft position just curious what other people think. I would normally draft him 3 or 4 if by chance he came that far down. With Brady's suspension I'm not moving him in my rankings for any redraft leagues I join this year.

So what do you think?

Does Brady's suspension change Gronk from a round 1 or 2 to a round 3, 4, 5, etc. ?

In general I prefer not to draft TEs early, but he IS Gronk. I have him kept in my two leagues so I'm not concerned about draft position just curious what other people think. I would normally draft him 3 or 4 if by chance he came that far down. With Brady's suspension I'm not moving him in my rankings for any redraft leagues I join this year.

So what do you think?

Absolutely not. Garoppolo is gonna take Brady's job like Brady took Bledsoe's

Edited by irish

I thought u said u don't drink :unsure:

LoL! I thought it was funny.