[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Demaryius gets his $$ as expected

Wolverines Fan

Regardless what some (new to the Huddle) Bronco's homer wants to think cause he's watched 'highlight' videos of Osweiller - he's just like every other mediocre QB in the league. I am an ASU Sun Devils fan and watched this guy in 2011 take a decent team all the way to 6-7. Give him time and he can make plays. Put pressure in his face and he'll constantly make bonehead decisions. And who cares who QB's sit behind for a few years. Matt Cassell & Ryan Mallet sat behind Tom Brady. Matt Leinart sat behind Kurt Warner. These guys were 'supposed' to be something good too.

I don't recall crowning him the 2016 league MVP or even saying that he would be good. I said that given a fair shot (and assuming Elway keeps key players under contract) that he could be a DECENT QB comparable to Jay Cutler. Aka a mistake prone gunslinger with a rocket arm that can manage the game.

Those are impressive name dropping skills you have there. But tell me again how healthy Leinart has been. Tell me also about the mounds of talent that surrounded Cassel and Mallet on their respective new teams..... That's what I thought. Now I'll drop some names. Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan. Neither were good in college until their senior year. Both went into situations with good coaches and good supporting players. As a result both are respected starters. On the flip side of this same coin, Josh Freeman was considered by many experts as the best QB in his class coming out of college. Who does he play for now? Yeah I don't know either, because he was awful. What I'm saying in a nutshell is that college performance is in no way indicative of how a player will translate to the pros.

Also why is it that the opinion of a bronco "homer" Who has watched all of the preseaon games and seen all of the team media regarding the QB should be disregarded, while the opinion of an ASU fanboy who watched the QB play 3 years ago should be taken as fact? It seems to me that you are the "homer" here basically saying that since he lost at ASU, he WILL lose in Denver. By your logic, since Randy Moss was a nobody in Oakland he was also a nobody in New England (which we know was not the case). All I'm saying is that if Osweiler walks on the field with a solid team, he MAY be ok.

I may be new to the forum, but I am not new to football. Check your own bias at the door before commenting on the bias of another.

• Like 1

Those are impressive name dropping skills you have there. But tell me again how healthy Leinart has been. Tell me also about the mounds of talent that surrounded Cassel and Mallet on their respective new teams..... That's what I thought. Now I'll drop some names. Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan. Neither were good in college until their senior year. Both went into situations with good coaches and good supporting players. As a result both are respected starters. On the flip side of this same coin, Josh Freeman was considered by many experts as the best QB in his class coming out of college. Who does he play for now? Yeah I don't know either, because he was awful. What I'm saying in a nutshell is that college performance is in no way indicative of how a player will translate to the pros.

Dude.. I fail to see what point you're trying to make here other than MINE. You made a comment about how Osweiller has sat behind Manning and has to have learned something. My comment about Leinart, Cassell, and Mallet was the same point! They sat behind future hall of famers - only to get their shot and choke. A talented QB can make something out of nothing. Leinart threw to the same receivers Warner did. Ryan Mallet - maybe it's a small sample size - has a career rating of 61.0. Last year he threw to Andre Johnson & DeAndre Hopkins. Those guys aren't scrubs. Josh Freeman and the likes thereof - have nothing to do with this. Osweiller didn't come out of college and have the big expectations on his shoulders. So thanks - you've made my point for me.

Also why is it that the opinion of a bronco "homer" Who has watched all of the preseaon games and seen all of the team media regarding the QB should be disregarded, while the opinion of an ASU fanboy who watched the QB play 3 years ago should be taken as fact? By your logic, since Randy Moss was a nobody in Oakland he was also a nobody in New England (which we know was not the case). All I'm saying is that if Osweiler walks on the field with a solid team, he MAY be ok.

You have once AGAIN made my point for me - so thank you. First off - preseason is practice. I remember Andrew Walter lighting teams up playing in preseason games for Oakland. What came of that? :)

And Randy Moss was a nobody in Oakland cause he didn't have a competent QB throwing to him - in turn making him none other than a high priced decoy - just like D Thomas will be when he doesn't have an elite QB throwing to him.

As for this - we've got off topic here - if you want to start a "Brock Osweiller will be the next stud QB for Denver when Manning leaves" post - I'll still be here in a year or two down the road to remind you that I was right..

Until then I'm gonna agree to disagree. BTW - welcome to The Huddle Forums.

Edited by Shorttynaz

Still trying to paint a picture of me with the "Osweiler for President" t-shirt on my back huh? Tisk tisk. All that typing to sidestep the main points I made so I'll spell them out in plain english step by step in ALL CAPS so you can't ignore them with your next poorly put together response.

1. BROCK OSWEILER WILL BE A GAME MANAGER AT BEST IN A RUN FIRST OFFENSE.

2. WHAT YOU KNOW OF BROCK OSWEILER FROM BEING AN ASU FAN IS COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY IRRELEVANT DUE TO THE FACT THAT PLAYERS OVER AND UNDER ACHIEVE EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

3. YOU STATED THAT BACKUPS DO NOT LEARN FROM STARTERS. IF YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT CASSEL AND MALLET FAILED DUE TO A LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OBTAINED FROM BRADY RATHER THAN THE FACT THAT THEY NEVER HAD THE SKILLS TO BE TRUE STARTERS ANYWAYS, THEN YOU ARE A FOOL.

4. WHAT A PLAYER HAS DONE IS NOT AN INDICATOR OF WHAT THEY WILL BE ABLE TO DO IN THE FUTURE.

5. YOU CAME AFTER ME FIRST (which was a mistake) FOR BEING BIAST BECAUSE I AM A BRONCOS FAN, I HAVE POINTED OUT THAT YOUR ARE ACTUALLY A HIPPOCRITE DUE TO THE FACT THAT YOU THINK YOUR EXPERIENCE AS AN ASU FAN (your own bias) GIVES YOU SUPERIOR KNOWLEDGE OF A QB YOU HAVNT SEEN PLAY IN 3 YEARS.

In this thread I never set out to agree or disagree with any point you have tried to make. If said something and you are saying what iv said actually proves your point, then revert to point #5. Aka you came after me first. If my POV was the same as yours, then you should have just kept your mouth shut and moved along with your life instead of picking an argument and then trying the old "oh you didn't even answer my question, but it's cool" and roll out thing. This ain't my first rodeo buddy, ill see you in any thread you wanna make. Just make sure your argument makes sense next time.

P.S. - thanks for the welcome wishes. Have a good day.

3. YOU STATED THAT BACKUPS DO NOT LEARN FROM STARTERS. IF YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT CASSEL AND MALLET FAILED DUE TO A LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OBTAINED FROM BRADY RATHER THAN THE FACT THAT THEY NEVER HAD THE SKILLS TO BE TRUE STARTERS ANYWAYS, THEN YOU ARE A FOOL.

This. Where did I ever say backups don't learn from starters? What I did say was of the 3 I mentioned, Leinart, Cassell and Mallet - they've failed as starters in the NFL - nevermind the fact that all 3 spent several years behind future HOF QBs. You're the one who made the comment about Osweiller having several years to learn behind a future HOF quarterback and how he will be a decent QB. You knock me for being a homer of ASU - but your Bronco's goggles are pretty thick and cloudy there my friend. My "homerism" to ASU has little substance here. All I did was make observations about this guy and his talent level when he was a starter in a real situation - not practice. You base your opinions on what you saw in preseason - err.. practice.

My rebuttal to that was it doesn't matter who the QB mentors behind as mentioned in my posts. I'm not saying they failed cause of who they had as a mentor - they just failed cause they lack the talent. Maybe I'll be the one eating crow if Osweiller does step in and keeps the Bronco's a contender - but instead my $$ is on Manning masking a LOT of deficiencies - just as he did in Indianapolis. Back to my original post in this thread - what good will it do to have a boatload of $$ wrapped up in a skill player (WR) who relies on another skill player (QB) to maximize his talents.

Fair enough, back DT. He is a stud after the catch. Barring injury I dont think he'll ever have a season under 1,200 yards. But I do think Kubiak will have a 1,500 yard rusher in this offense even if it means signing every ex-texan under the sun. So that being said, I believe all of our receivers production will fall from here on out.

If we're talking fantasy, I think he may be a little over valued this year going as the 2nd or 3rd off the board in most drafts

No way...totally warranted as a top 3 WR. He's not my #1 WR for 2015 but I won't argue with anyone who has him in the top slot.

• 2 years later...
On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2015 at 6:12 PM, Shorttynaz said:

This. Where did I ever say backups don't learn from starters? What I did say was of the 3 I mentioned, Leinart, Cassell and Mallet - they've failed as starters in the NFL - nevermind the fact that all 3 spent several years behind future HOF QBs. You're the one who made the comment about Osweiller having several years to learn behind a future HOF quarterback and how he will be a decent QB. You knock me for being a homer of ASU - but your Bronco's goggles are pretty thick and cloudy there my friend. My "homerism" to ASU has little substance here. All I did was make observations about this guy and his talent level when he was a starter in a real situation - not practice. You base your opinions on what you saw in preseason - err.. practice.

My rebuttal to that was it doesn't matter who the QB mentors behind as mentioned in my posts. I'm not saying they failed cause of who they had as a mentor - they just failed cause they lack the talent. Maybe I'll be the one eating crow if Osweiller does step in and keeps the Bronco's a contender - but instead my $$ is on Manning masking a LOT of deficiencies - just as he did in Indianapolis. Back to my original post in this thread - what good will it do to have a boatload of $$ wrapped up in a skill player (WR) who relies on another skill player (QB) to maximize his talents.

Hmmmm..   Time to revisit?? 

:pokey:    :fishy: