[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Denver Broncos receivers and Peyton Manning...

AX2RUN

Being a die hard Broncos fan, I always end up with at least 2 of my orange clad buddies on my squad. Last year I had the Thomas twins and C.J. Anderson (who I traded after week 10 for Sammy Watkins unfortunately). Iv been good at predicting the productivity of my teams players thus far (J.Thomas in 2013, Anderson in 2014) but this year I have a delima.

I plan on trying to grab Manning in the 4th round and then get the tag team with one of his receivers. I'll probably grab Cody Latimer with one of my last picks just in case he pops off.

But here's the delima. Everyone is very high on D.Thomas who is going in the late 1st round in every mock draft iv done. But my concern is that with Denver's scheme change which will consist of alot of early down running and play action passes, it may actually be Emanuel Sanders who is the dominant receiver. He is the downfield speedster who often gets multiple 20+ yard catches per game and will be in the slot this year quite a bit as well. And without JT and Welker demanding attention underneath, I feel that DT may have a really tough time this year.

Bottom line: Does anyone think that its a good move to use my first rounder on an elite RB such as Lynch or Lacy and then cuff Manning/Sanders? Or should I cuff Manning/DT and hope I can find consistent RBs in rounds 2-4?

Fist thing's first, never go into a draft with a deadset plan. You have to be flexible and make adjustments as the draft unfolds. Also, you HAVE to take your Homer glasses off when drafting. If you draft Broncos because a specific Bronco player was a good value at the spot you were drafting then so be it but don't just look to get Broncos' players because you're a Bronco fan. I see so many people make this mistake. My neighbor is a Patriot fan and is blinded by her homerism. Also, don't worry about cuffing any WR to any QB, draft to get the best value you can and put all that other crap aside.

• Like 1

I get what you're saying about not drafting my own teams players too much. I probably am guilty of that. But if played FF for 3 seasons and made the playoffs all 3 years.

I have to disagree with you on the no plan statement though. I think every "coach" should have a plan based on,their draft position and multiple contingencies. Reason being that if seen alot of guys freak out and make dumb picks after the first 2 rounds because after the big players they know are gone they just start picking people theyve heard of. Also see alot of guys in a rush not paying attention to bye weeks or matchup. I would say at a minimum have a plan for your starting QB, WR1, RB1, and TE.

He's not saying go in blind, he is saying don't go in with a set plan that you blindly follow that you are taking an RB first, a QB 2nd, then a WR then a RB - that is exactly how you miss out on a lot of value.

Rank your players, head in to draft and for the first 8-10 rounds, draft for value. Then fill in for gaps/bye week coverage.

It's fine to say that you'd like to have a QB, 2 RBs and 2 WRs in the first 5 rounds and have 2 of them be Broncos, but the reality is you need to be flexible on what player you take where depending on what is happening in the draft.

Probably get more responses in the advice forum - and I'd certainly go the route of elite RB over worrying about trying to get Manning/DThomas.

Ummm. Whatever. I couldn't get past your Avatar

Ummm. Whatever. I couldn't get past your Avatar

Oh... And the Broncos suck. They have horrible WRs and a terrible QB.

LMAO, welcome back. Wanna join a league?