[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help with ESPN dynasty league?

jv21

Decided to put together a dynasty league for me and some friends on ESPN. Has anyone had experience running one of these? Was wondering how things work at the end of the season? Is there another draft held every year for rookies?

It depends on how you want to do it. A true dynasty league does retain all players so the next year, you only hold a draft to acquire rookies. Others have contracts (3 year or a mixture of lengths to apply to players for each team) so that the player pool will always have something in it and no team gets so strong that there is an imbalance in the league that cannot be corrected. In that case, it is a free agent/rookie draft each year. Others will add salary caps with each player acquired through a bidding process in an auction which is fun.

There are a myriad of ways to conduct a dynasty league but the simplest is just draft 'em and hold 'em for as long as you want and have a rookie draft every summer. Adding in longer term implications on players adds a fun element.

I would like to do my first year an auction draft and then every year after that a snake depending on the previous years standings..after each season there is an option to switch the style of draft? Sorry these may be simple questions but I have never ran a league before

I know it has auction drafting, was wondering if i do my first year draft as an auction if from then on out it will let me switch to snake?

it should. I have never played on ESPN but you can usually change settings any time on most websites