[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Legacy of Tom Brady

DMD

Tom Terrific  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Considering his suspension (or not), what is your opinion of Brady?

• One of greatest to ever play the game
    • Good, maybe great and suspension is meaningless
    • Good, maybe great and suspension proves he's also a cheater
    • Product of a system anyway and a cheater
    • Nothing matters because I love him. I mean like "Gisselle" kind of love.

He's a HOF'r, but he has been the QB of a team who has been caught cheating several times throughout his career. The thing that says "guilty" to me was the destroyed a cell phone that probably contained something incriminating. Doesn't mean he's convicted but sure helps me form a better opinion as self-incriminating. He'll still go down a one of the best ever, but starting to enter that "asterisk" territory.

Edited by Shorttynaz

In regard to him as a player, deflatgate and the suspension don't change the way I feel about him. He's a top notch HoF and one of the best of all time.

He will go down as one of the greatest QB's ever. The patriots are a team who like to push the boundaries and partly which has led to a lot of success. I think this is the first thing that can be laid at Brady's feet, but I think it's wrong because other QB's have come out stating that alot of QB's do this, he just happened to be caught. As stated before i think the deflated footballs helped the rbs more so then Brady. Yes breaking his phone wasn't smart, but at the same time, I'm not sure if alot of people would willing hand over their cell phones to their employers. Remember that's all the NFL is to Brady. Let's see what happens in court.

I don't get the systems in place. As a Canadian, if you are unionized you give up the right to sue. Why. Bother even having the dispute resolution system if you can just sue and prove the whole system meaningless. As a player you agreed to the process, and now that it has gone against you, you sue. If he loses can he now be suspended for 12 games, can/will goodall call him out as a liar and cheater, no. If he loses cans the fans sue who attended the game wanting their money back. As the outcome was fixed? As a. Player he is great, as a person, I lost more respect for him today

• Like 1

This is not a court of law. The pressumption of guilt must be proven otherwise. The fact Tom did not comply with requests by the NFL, and further more DELIBERATELY destroyed possible evidence to confirm or contradict is the true basis of this ruling. there is no way Brady is granted an injunction. If by some small chance it is granted and Brady is allowed to play, but LOSES, he could and most likely will be suspended in Dec/Jan

Edited by tazinib1

Great QB skills, made better by a system, but a system which ongoingly pursues activities that are serious rule infractions, ongoingly appears tainted at multiple levels of its personnel, and he choose to continue to participate there...so my view of him is capped.

Edited by hapicamp

I don't think this will tarnish his image as a player. He's a 1st ballot HOF'er no question about it. It tarnishes his image as a person, however. Was he a product of the system? Sure, but to some extent isn't everyone?

• Like 3

I believe the system is the main reason for his success.. I think you can take a lot of qbs and put them in Belicheats dink and donk system and have similar success.

To be fair, apparently "the system" made Matt Cassel look like a starting QB and the Chiefs spent four years proving that he really wasn't. Cassel cannot even beat out EJ Manuel now....

But there is something to be said for being really good in a really good system.

• Like 4

find another qb who has done as well with as much turnover as he has had in his career...of course some will point to that and say its a "system"....cassel won 11 games with virtually the same team that almost went an unheard of 19-0...he had a pretty talented team around him

anyone who thinks its a "system" that makes him successful doesnt really know much about the game they think they do....brady is great at presnap reads, protections and post snap reads....he takes advantage of what the defense gives him....if it were easy...and you could plug in a bunch of guys to do his job....then a bunch of guys would have his success.....its not hard to replicate "systems".....if it were that easy every team in the league would have a tom brady and theyd all be winning 12 games every year like they were breathing....its not like you cant find film on what they do offensively

its amazing to me that....you have basically any current player...or former player who has seen tom brady play or played against him....telling you how good he is....and yet we still have some fans that are like "yeah its a system...could plug a bunch of guys in and do it"

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis
  • Like 1

this thing is a complete joke....we already know how the nfl and goodell have looked over the last couple of years....and this was prob even worse....this whole thing was botched by the nfl and a joke....and they want to stand firm and act firm.....i can hear goodell now addressing this down the road when tom brady wins in court "the nfl and myself are never wrong and we operate with the utmost integrity. the cheater got off on a technicality"

It was just released today - and just discovered recently apparently - that Tom had his phone destroyed by his assistant on the day he went to talk to the Wells report people in February.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000504258/article/roger-goodell-upholds-tom-brady-suspension

• Like 1