[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Taking over a vacant spot in Keeper League

10 team keeper league.. I am taking over a vacant spot and was told since I am a new team that I must be in the league 1 yr in order to be able to keep a player.. I suggested that I get to just either take a player from team last year that vacated from the league or get to take any player from available player as a keeper.. Was told this is the 1st year they are doing keepers and that I don't get to keep any player cause I am a new team and that if I didn't like it that they will find somebody else to play in the league... I got pissed and said "count me in DaddyO.. I'm gonna kick all of your asses without a keeper!!!!" Is this fair and do I really have a shot since the rest of the teams are basically getting 2 good players to my 1 in the first round??????

Sounds stupid to me.

If it's an nfl.com league, or one that works the same way, then the keeper replaces the first round pick. So that way you'd get to pick one player in their keeper round anyways.

But generally not letting a first year player keep a player from the team he takes over just makes no sense.

• Like 1

That's what I said... The commissioner said its unfair to the teams that have been in the league for 10yrs that a new team come in and be able to keep a player!!!! I said what does that have to do with anything!!!! The point is we have to still pick draft positions so I could possibly pick last in the 1st round so that means that 18 top players will be off the board before it even gets to me!!! I'm starting to change my mind and might just tell them to F'' Off!!!!! I almost want to do it as a challenge to kick their ass but feel like I will be to far behind... one thing is...they are horrible and cant draft worth a crap!!!

Tell em to F Off and move on.

If you do play, and you do win it, they'll probably claim that he have a rule that says new owners aren't allowed to win the league.

Seriously though, based on this the writing is already on the wall that this is not a league worth wasting your time on.

• Like 1

Yeah that's lame, seriously not a way to promote you're league to someone new.. Exactly as others have mention, don't be surprised if there are more surprises and unwarranted rule changes throughout. I don't know if I would waste time, money and effort in a league like this. It comes down to fairness and that seems very flawed.. I think someone has their eyes on the abandoned teams players that is the real reason why you cannot keep players.. they or the commissioner wants to harvest from your team. not cool.

• Like 1

Yep... I told them to F' off... Sad part is the commissioner is so freakin hard headed he really thinks that is the fair thing to do cause most of the other teams have been in that league for 10yrs and said it would not be fair for a new team to come in and keep a player off an existing roster... Whatever!!! Good riddance!!!!!!

Sounds like the LM is taking advantage of you. If its a buy-in (assuming it is) they just want to fill their league up. I doubt your the first the asked about it. This is the kind of league that is only a head ache later on in the season, and not due to injured players or other fantasy related things. I'd avoid this league.

Bottom line, you should be subject to the same rules as everyone else, period. First year they do keepers, but you need to be in 1 year to get a keeper? Its no different than filling a spot in a regular league and being told you have to be in the league a year to get a first round draft pick. Until then you have wait until the second round. You wouldn't do that either, right?