[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who to put in the FLEX

AX2RUN

I'm in a 12 team PPR league. 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, FLEX, K, D/ST.

Last year was my first year having a FLEX as opposed to a WR3, and honestly I struggled to consistently get decent production.

My question is from what position do you guys get the most consitency and what player specifically has done work for you in the flex? Don't necessarily need a 20+ points a game player, a guy constantly putting up 8-15 week in and week out would be fine. It's just with alot of my games being decided by less than 10 points, I need someone that's not dropping between 0-5.

Do your projections. Apply your scoring system. Take out the top 24 RBs and 24 WRs and 12 TEs (general assumption that they fill the starter slots, obviously this is not the case in reality, but for this exercise, bear with me). Now look at the 12 highest scoring RB/WR/TE combined. This will give you an idea of where the flex "should" come from based on your projections.

I've found that in PPR, unless you either loaded up early on RB or hit on a late round gem giving you 3 well above average RBs, WRs are a bit easier to plug in and get consistent production at the flex spot.

• Like 1

Do your projections. Apply your scoring system. Take out the top 24 RBs and 24 WRs and 12 TEs (general assumption that they fill the starter slots, obviously this is not the case in reality, but for this exercise, bear with me). Now look at the 12 highest scoring RB/WR/TE combined. This will give you an idea of where the flex "should" come from based on your projections.

I've found that in PPR, unless you either loaded up early on RB or hit on a late round gem giving you 3 well above average RBs, WRs are a bit easier to plug in and get consistent production at the flex spot.

I think I may try this. Thanks

I stream a couple bench guys every week and try new players to put in that spot until i think I found someone who's etched a permanent playing time, I usually keep enough RB depth where my worst RB is getting reps weekly and is a formidable flex player (think Vereen, Woodhead, Ivory, Spiller) guys that can get some catches in the open field and get chunks of yardage with TD potential, home run potential, or whatever.. otherwise stream WR's that are looking strong like if you had last year Martavis, Watkins, John Brown, Terrance Williams, LaFell) they would be good flex upside guys.