[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty changes, who to cut

FastSteve

Was 40 players, reducing to 32. PPR all TD 6 points

Starting line up

QB-1 RB-2 WR-2 TE-1 RB/WR/TE flex-1 K-1 LB, DL & DB were all 4 last year reducing to 3 each

Bench reducing by 5.

Don't recall how but I have 39 players so I only need to cut 7. I am loaded on LB with 9 because of injuries & worse yet it is looking like Mario Williams very well could go from DL to LB because of D scheme change. Just what I didn't need, especially with the reduction in starting players. Not too mention I lose a solid DL player to boot.

My players

QB-Roetherlisberger, Newton, Tannehill-plan on keeping all 3.

RB- Jamaal Charles, Knile Davis, Johathan Steward-plan on keeping. Latavius Murray, Tre Mason-thinking I should keep, Mason early season value. Ridley, Herron-think I should cut

WR-Edelman, Marshall, Hopkins, Allen Robinson, Doug Baldwin-plan on keeping, Baldwin may not sit well with some but only 4 times did he score less than 7 points & 7 times he scored 9 or more & including over 18 2/3 P/O weeks. Charles Johnson(MIN)-not sure. Michael Crabtree, Donte Moncrief-think I should cut

TE- Heath Miller, Jordan Reed-keeping both, K-Blair Walsh-keeping

DB-Weddle, Stephon Gilmore, Micah Hyde, Deone Bucannon-keeping, Ryan Clark-cutting retired

DL-Carlos Dunlap, Dontari Poe, Damontre Moore-keeping, Mario Williams-as said don't know if he will be a DL or LB either way think I should keep him but this could mean keeping a LB

And now the mess

LB-Jerod Mayo, Laurinaitis, Koa Misi, Thomas Davis, Trevathan, Burfict, Khalil Mack, Sio Moore, Anthony Barr,

As said this is a dynasty league with NO time limit set on keeping players. So with that in mind because of young age I think I should keep Burfict, Mack, Moore & Barr.

Davis played a high level finished 57.5 points behind teammate Luke which over the 16 games is about 3.59 points per week. He finished 31st overall among LB in the league. If maintained that is low end starter in a league with 36 starters. Then there is Mayo, Laurinaitis, Trevathan & Misi to decide on.

If I cut Ridley, Herron, Moncreif, Crabtree & Clark that is 5 & I only need to cut two more. But who? Do I cut Baldwin or Charles Johnson for one of those? We will be drafting 8 players to which we will have to cut back down to 32 before the start of the season. While I am not sure I will get him at pick 9 I do want to target Kevin White WR of the Bears. I will need to then address some depth at DL & DB, which will require cuts elsewhere to keep of course.

Sorry for the length but when talking about around 40 players you cant say it all in an handful of lines. Please help.

Cut M. Hyde, Poe is now hurt so check his status but you can probably cut him. I'd consider trading a LB like T. Davis or Burfict (concussion issues not good for a LB) rather than cutting them.

Herron and Clark are obvious, with Hyde makes 3. You could probably get away with Gilmore as well. Mario is back as a DE for now so he's a hold. My last 3 would be either Poe, Ridley, Montcrief (I personally would hold if I could move a LB) and Crabtree.

I would hold onto Charles johnson but cut Baldwin. You're squad of wrs will be suffice mostly if you grab white

I think the biggest question though, is who do I keep out of that LB mess I got going on. We will be starting 3 this coming season & I already have 9 not including Mario Williams who could POSSIBLE be moved to LB.

Don't recall how but I have 39 players so I only need to cut 7. I am loaded on LB with 9 because of injuries & worse yet it is looking like Mario Williams very well could go from DL to LB because of D scheme change. Just what I didn't need, especially with the reduction in starting players. Not too mention I lose a solid DL player to boot.

They just changed Williams from LB to DL yesterday. I guess it's possible they change it again, but Roto (and thus MFL) don't make changes very frequently. They may have one more series of changes prior to the start of the season.

Can you trade for future picks? Move Mason to the Gurley owner, he's probably getting very squirrely in his britches right now if he doesn't have Mason.

No way you cut Charles Johnson. If nothing else some fanboy will massively overpay for him.

edit: I see you haven't drafted yet? Nasty rules making cuts before the draft, not a fan. Your rosters are awfully small for a full on IDP league too. I guess that makes waivers interesting. If you can move Mason to the guy #1 maybe you can get his 2nd for your later pick. Great investment if he's drafting Gurley. Use Charles Johnson to move up if you are targeting White. CJ is getting massive press out of camp so someone looking to trade back would probably love him.

They just changed Williams from LB to DL yesterday. I guess it's possible they change it again, but Roto (and thus MFL) don't make changes very frequently. They may have one more series of changes prior to the start of the season.

Can you trade for future picks? Move Mason to the Gurley owner, he's probably getting very squirrely in his britches right now if he doesn't have Mason.

No way you cut Charles Johnson. If nothing else some fanboy will massively overpay for him.

edit: I see you haven't drafted yet? Nasty rules making cuts before the draft, not a fan. Your rosters are awfully small for a full on IDP league too. I guess that makes waivers interesting. If you can move Mason to the guy #1 maybe you can get his 2nd for your later pick. Great investment if he's drafting Gurley. Use Charles Johnson to move up if you are targeting White. CJ is getting massive press out of camp so someone looking to trade back would probably love him.

Our roster size is 32. With starting 17 & a bench of 15 I would hardly call that a small roster. The cut is because our roster size was suppose to be 32 but NFL.com with its limited options screwed that up for us. We reduced the D positions from starting 4 each to 3. We made these reductions because with 12 teams there wasn't crap on the waivers at really any position other than maybe kicker.

Well I was pretty sure WR Crabtree was going to be one of my cuts but now I am reading that he is looking real good.

As reported on NFL.com

"According to beat writers in attendance, Michael Crabtree has out-shined highly-touted rookie, Amari Cooper, to be the "star" of the early portion of Raiders training camp.

Analysis: Crabtree lost many supporters after his production fell off a cliff during his final season in San Francisco. The argument can certainly be made that the former top 10 draft pick was more a victim of circumstance in 2014 than a truly declining player. He lost a portion of his skill set after a 2013 Achilles tear, but he's still a sound route-runner capable of creating separation. There is opportunity for targets in his new home with the Raiders, and his reputation is keeping him completely under the radar."

Not sure why its posting it like that in all black.

Edited by FastSteve

you need to trade a QB, and a LB or 2 to address your issues at DE (you have Dunlap, Moore and Williams, Poe can go unless you have IR) and DB (Clark, Hyde are worthless, Gilmore is replaceable). Trade Burfict and T. Davis for a DE and DB

So there are 4 cuts right there. Add Ridley, Herron and Montcreif and you're set.

And yes, a cut to 32 for a team with full IDP is really small. Most of mine are 40 plus 10 or more on a DTS so we never dip below 50. With a roster that short you can't afford to carry 3 QBs unless you can start 2.

We do have IR. Being a dynasty league I'm hesitate to get rid of a QB. Only start 1 . However We can't know next year's schedule which can really screw you with byes. I don't recall which 2 right off the top of my head but 2 of my QB have byes the same week.

Oh also this is a 12 team league. With 40 players on each team that is 480 players assigned to teams, not including any on IR. Other than K that wasn't hardly a damn thing on waivers. The waivers were pretty much pointless. Only an injury happening put any value on the waivers. What we are doing with the roster size is to ensure waivers have at least some kind of real value while still keeping it reasonably workable for people to manage their team.

OK I have to get this decided. I have to cut 7 players. Here is where I am at so far. At RB Ridley & Herron. WR - Moncrief, DB- Clark(easy he retired. That gives me 4, still need to cut another 3.

With only starting 3 LB I really need to cut a few LB with having 9. I am not seeing anything that is making Misi stand out to me & at 28 while not old he is one of my older LB. That is one of three. I am on the fence about Mayo. He is 29 & only played 6 games each of the last 2 seasons. Burfict has battled some injury issues but turns just 25 this season. If he gets past them he could be a valuable player for years to come. Davis is old but as long as Luke is there I think he will produce, I say ride him out till he either falls off or retires.

At WR I was ready to cut Crabtree but then I read he is completely outshining the high value rookie they drafted. Baldwin may not be flashy but he rarely throws a dud, good flex or bye week fill-in. But with Graham there does that continue? What about Charles Johnson? Looked good late in the year but now AP is back & they added Wallace. Do I cut either of these guys?

I would cut Jordan Reed. He can't stay healthy and you can probably get a decent replacement for him if you really want two TE's. I would personally go for Owen Daniels. He has Peyton Manning throwing him the ball so he's going to get a fair share of catches thanks to Thomas leaving.

Edited by SxJx9

Poe is hurt and out

M. Hyde is 2nd string and 50/50 chance that Bucannon is as well. Gilmore is utterly replaceable too.

Trade vale for T. Mason?

I get what your saying about these guys. However they are also all I have. We start 3 at each D spot & I have just 4 DB. Regardless of how much or little value they have if I cut them, I am backing myself into a corner of having to spend all my early round draft picks on DB's. Mason probable won't have the most trade value till after the draft to whoever drafts Gurley.

Yes Poe is out but this is a dynasty league with no time limit on how long a player can be held onto. Dropping him I think would be a mistake. We do have an IR, which if KC puts him on I could move him there. This is a 12 team league, I draft 9th & its a serpentine draft so there will only be 6 picks between my 1st & 2nd round picks. I am not sure if either/both will be available at 9th but I originally wanted to target Kevin White in the 1st & also feel I should probable consider Gurley IF he is there at my pick being that I have Mason. It is difficult to pass up O guys that could offer good value. But after the 1st round I figure I would turn my attention to DL & DB as one can guess most of the 1st round will likely be RB, WR & QB's picked.

I would cut Jordan Reed. He can't stay healthy and you can probably get a decent replacement for him if you really want two TE's. I would personally go for Owen Daniels. He has Peyton Manning throwing him the ball so he's going to get a fair share of catches thanks to Thomas leaving.

Well with WAS TE's dropping like fly's Reed's value (if playing) looks like its going up. I get what your saying but the only thing I don't like about that is it is putting me in a position of having to probable spend my 1st round pick next year on a TE as Daniels & Miller both turn 33 during this season. Both or either of these guys could retire after this year & if playing next both would turn 34 during the next season.I really don't want to be cornered into having to spend my 1st round pick next year on a TE just to make sure I don't miss out on the best guy available.

You won't get Gurley or White unless you have a top 5 pick.

You won't be forced to target DBs and DL unless you aren't allowed any FA adds before the season. There is likely a dozen plus DBs on the wire better than 3 of the ones on your team

I just wouldn't cut a LB with more valuable than the scrubs and replaceable guys at other positions. I'd run out it short at DL and DB and keep trying to trade the log-jam of LBs to clear roster space :shrug:

Well with WAS TE's dropping like fly's Reed's value (if playing) looks like its going up. I get what your saying but the only thing I don't like about that is it is putting me in a position of having to probable spend my 1st round pick next year on a TE as Daniels & Miller both turn 33 during this season. Both or either of these guys could retire after this year & if playing next both would turn 34 during the next season.I really don't want to be cornered into having to spend my 1st round pick next year on a TE just to make sure I don't miss out on the best guy available.

If Daniels/Miller retire, the last player I would want to have in their place is Jordan Reed. He can't stay on the field. The Redskins could end up drafting a TE next year and cut Reed for being injury prone. You never know.

OK, I managed a trade. I am sending Jerod Mayo, Doug Baldwin & my 8th round (draft is 8 rounds) pick for DB Justin McCourdy & the other guys 1st round pick which is the 3rd pick overall. What do you think? I am going to let one of my DB's go seeing as I am getting one, I am thinking it should be Micah Hyde as I think Gilmore & Bucannon probable have more upside & better situations. Thoughts?