[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DirecTV / NFL Ticket (2015)

Shorttynaz

Spoke to the customer retention department again this year, politely asked the guy to look back at what deal they gave me last year and see if they could do the same or I might go to dish and get redZone. He put me on hold for about 5 minutes and said he can certainly give me ST free and $15 a month credit for my account for 12 months. I think they have my account flagged to just go ahead and give him the ticket or he will call every evening for 2 weeks till we do...IDK and I don't care, it's free in my house....oh, and I have been with DTV for about 10 years. Good luck guys!

• Like 1

this is a great thread! just read it from start to finish and it's good to see some very interesting and diverse deals are to be had...we've been sitting on the fence with regard to "cutting the cord" but haven't yet, primarily because of live sporting events...you would think that with the reported numbers of "cord cutters" all of the providers would be making deal after deal for retention of their base (as someone pointed out, above, wall street value is tied directly to subscriber base and retention rates)...

anyway, our 2-year DTV commitment has expired, so i may give them a call to see what they can do - i honestly don't even know what package we currently have, but pay around $130/month w/Showtime...we used to have Sunday Ticket, but let it go about 8-years or so ago, when we bit the bullet and bought NFL season tickets, since Sunday Ticket was super expensive, and would then only be used 9 weeks out of 17...we then cut DTV altogether for a few years (since the only reason we originally had them was for Sunday Ticket) to move to Verizon FiOS, but after a dispute w/them, we went back to DTV about 2.5 years ago...like many others here, i'm mainly interested in RedZone, and could care less about watching the Jags play the Titans twice a year, out of market (no offense to Jags or Titans fans, here, but I've got my own crappy team to follow when they're away! LOL)...i'll re-post if i do call and get any "deals"...

15 year subscriber and got if free this year for like the 10th straight year. I just call and say cancel service and get to retention and explain that my bill is too high and that I may have to cancel since I just bought Apple TV. They dance around a bit and finally give in. I didn't get a gift card this year but got one last year. They also gave me 3 months of 41.99 off the bill plus some other little things.

Movie channels for free for 3 months, $20/month off my bill for 1 year, redzone for free this year. I didn't ask for Sunday Ticket because I only watch RZ anyway.

I've been a customer for 3 years.

I thought you couldn't get just redzone? I thought if you wanted redzone you had to buy the Sunday ticket max?

Just had Directv call me tonight and give me Sunday Ticket Max free. All I had to do was sign up for the four movie channels for $5.95/month for the next 3 months. I can then cancel the movie channels and keep the Sunday Ticket for free.

Just got off the phone with them. They offered Sunday Ticket (not MAX) or RZ for free. I had to choose, could not take both. I took RZ since I don't care to watch full games. Much rather watch RZ.

Also gave me a $30/ month bill credit for 12 months.

Told them my wife stopped working (truth) and she worked hard to save us some money. I am very happy with my call. Hope others out there can get the same.

Called to cancel and was offered 40 off a month, 6 months of the movies channels and Sunday ticket for free. I actually cancelled though because we have a lot of aggrevation with them. They come out every couple months and it works fine for a week and then back to the same crap.

I say good for them! DTV charges an ungodly fee based on the 'capacity' of the establishment. If memory serves me correct - it can get up to $30,000! Craziness. I'd be happy if DTV lost their exclusivity to the Sunday Ticket - I'll jump ship in a heartbeat!