[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joining The Huddle

Geo33

Hey guys,

I've been a member (on the forums) for a few seasons now and now I'm considering become a real member on the USA Today site.

Pre-draft it looks like their cheat sheets will help immensely. The perks mid-season look good too. I've read all the benefits of becoming a member and the weekly info they provide, but I wanted to hear from someone who's already a member. So if you wish, give me your best pitch. I'd like to hear it.

For me, I keep coming back for their draft content. In-season is pretty good, I'm kind of in the middle about it. Some of it is kind of obvious when looking at waiver wire pick-ups, but they usually find/suggest/"keep an eye on" several guys who pan out pretty well, and help with streaming D's for those of us who only roster one D and (one QB).

But if I had to give one big reason - it's the draft content for me. Kind of like the saying in baseball, "you can't win the division in April, but you sure can lose it then". Sums up my belief on the FF draft as well. Starting out the season with a solid team to build around with WW and trades is critical.

I joined in 01, I think... anyway the draft prep is very good with customized sheets to our scoring methods. I also like the in season info for WDIS type of calls we have to make. They also keep me up on trends in season that may not be obvious... like a team that struggles vs a TE etc... Worth the money IMO

I've been a paying member of this site for 10-12 years now - something like that. The information provided both pre-draft and throughout the season is by far and away well worth the price of admission. It's not the only site I subscribe to, but it's certainly on of my yearly subscriptions. Not really a pitch - but seriously - give these guys $25 or whatever it is - it's worth it..

I'm gonna sound like a bum, but I have never paid for advice or subcribes ever. I will admit that there are a lot of knowledgeable members here that do drop some valuable nuggets in the forums. Since joining I've won 2 championships....coincidence?

Try it, you'll like it :)

If it isn't worth it don't rejoin next year. I've been a member on and off, sometimes I feel like with theiir help I just take the advice and go with it and do less of my own work (especially the draft sometimes). I've read content on a couple of free sites and the Huddle always has more in depth analysis. Looking at free agents each week most sites are no brainers and rarely available in our league. The ones on the Huddle go deeper and have me looking at guys before others in my league.

2001 was when we went pay.

And that's when your projections started telling me who I should play and who I should bench - and you were always wrong. Thanks, Huddle!!!

J/K - any noobs out there - disregard that. There's always a few threads a year that pop-up cause (not only the Huddle) everyone projected a WR3 or WR4 to have a good game. Dumbasses bench their WR1 with a bad matchup for their WR4 with a good matchup. WR4 doesn't do much and WR1 gets off. They come back here and start bashing the site for projecting good #'s.

It's comical - and happens year after year. :)

• Like 2

I thought the $25 Fee was a "Blaming Fee?" This whole time I didn't realize it's a "Membership Fee?" I'm gonna have to find a site that takes the blame for my bonehead moves year after year......It can't possibly be my fault?

Edited by IrishPride
  • Like 2

For $25, I'll take the blame for what you do wrong at fantasy football or even at work. $50 for what you do wrong at home. Unless you are married to Rhonda Rousey.

• Like 2

is ratteree going to be posting articles again this year? How bout the weekly 6 pack with Paul Sandy? I found their articles worth the price of admission. Steve Gallo's are pretty good and contain statistical analysis you won't find ANYWHERE else.

But ... some of the other articles last year were at times cringe worthy. Please don't bring back the barber. DMD, get some sleep before posting. I am just being honest as a paying customer, if you disagree, so be it. We can disagree without being disagreeable. I'm here and staying as a paying customer, because once again this year, I let autocharge bill me and I'm back for more (no I don't want a refund). Yes, I am terrible with finances. Guess that's why I still have Prodigy email and the gym membership I haven't been to in 8 years. Next week is the week baybeee! BUUUUUURP

Edited by WildTurkey

is ratteree going to be posting articles again this year? How bout the weekly 6 pack with Paul Sandy? I found their articles worth the price of admission. Steve Gallo's are pretty good. But some last year were at times cringe worthy. Please don't bring back the barber. DMD, get some sleep before posting. I am just being honest as a paying customer, if you disagree, so be it. We can disagree without being disagreeable. I'm here and staying as a paying customer, because once again this year, I let autocharge bill me and I'm back for more (no I don't want a refund). Yes, I am terrible with finances. Guess that's why I still have Prodigy email and the gym membership I haven't been to in 8 years. Next week is the week baybeee! BUUUUUURP

Can I sell you some products, you sound like a great customer....

Lets start with an upgraded gym membership, that place you haven't been going isn't nearly as nice as the place I represent.