[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arian Foster (OUT)

Chloroform Rx

Could be out for the season:

ESPN's Tania Ganguli reports Arian Foster's groin injury is "significant," and could require surgery.

Houston radio host Jayson Braddock reports Foster is a candidate for injured reserve/designated to return. That would keep Foster out until Week 10. Foster is no stranger to groin issues, missing two games with one in 2014. Foster remained one of the league's best backs last season, but soft-tissue injuries have begun to take their toll. He's having more and more trouble staying on the field. Alfred Blue was Foster's 2014 backup, but must hold off Jonathan Grimes, Chris Polk and Kenny Hilliard for the duties this season. It's a competition that will be settled on the field in the preseason. Aug 4 - 1:48 PM

Source: Tania Ganguli on Twitter

Who was it again that basically said I was smoking crack over the idea Ray Rice would be signed this year????

Heartless bastids!

To bad I have the Texans in 32 HomARRRRRRs and was planning on using up some of my budget to buy Foster and now who the hell knows if I want anything from the Texans!

I hate hearing that he is hurt, but am so glad this will shut the mouths of the analysts on a few podcasts that said his injuries of past seasons were meaningless and that he is (was?) the top RB regardless of the risks with potential injury to his soft tissues. He is a great player when healthy, but the problem is that you never know when that will be. You should never completely ignore a person who has had trouble with his groin or hamstrings when creating pre-draft rankings. I was prepared to take him in the second, but not the first.

Who was it again that basically said I was smoking crack over the idea Ray Rice would be signed this year????

Probably everybody. I'll believe it when I see it. Some here have suggested the Browns sign Rice, and I don't think they are that desperate.

Are we not surprised??! I saw him on some expert's lists as #1. I would only ever take him after I've secured both my RB spots. Just too much risk. This just makes it easier to not be tempted.

Edited by ShuckCreations

You don't have to be Blue over it :brow:

Maybe until they bring a vet like Pierre Thomas in and blue is still the backup, then I wasted my budget. This blows.

Maybe until they bring a vet like Pierre Thomas in and blue is still the backup, then I wasted my budget. This blows.

Blue was pretty poor last year and wouldn't surprise if he time shares with Chris Polk and a pass catching back from free agency.

Blue was pretty poor last year and wouldn't surprise if he time shares with Chris Polk and a pass catching back from free agency.

Exactly, which is why I'm screwed. Sure, take Hopkins, but everyone else is a ?.

Are we not surprised??! I saw him on some expert's lists as #1. I would only ever take him after I've secured both my RB spots. Just too much risk. This just makes it easier to not be tempted.

I'm not sure who had him #1 but that's pretty out there considering the QB issues...

My question is if you have the same concerns about Jamaal Charles?

Fantasy rankings for Foster and Charles since 2010:

Foster ('15-'10): 5, 46, 3, 4, 1

Charles ('15-'10): 7, 1, 8, 122, 5

Since 2010 Foster has missed 14 fantasy games and Charles has missed 13. The year Foster finished 46th he was the #6 RB thru 6 weeks before getting hurt and then eventually missing the season. Charles played in two games before his injury. Outside of each runners injured season Foster has missed 5 games (3 last year and 2 in 2011) and Charles has missed 1.

Perception is big and it's easy to use hindsight to support that perception but in my eyes, Foster already had injury perception built into his ADP where Charles really didn't. Truth is, any RB can be lost for the season on any play.