[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Training Camp Headlines for Your Homer Team

bud29

Who's impressing? Who's not? Any big position battles? As far as KC goes:

-Eric Fisher looks like he has bulked up quite a bit, which is great. Lack of strength was one of his big problems these last 2 years.

-Looks like Marcus Peters may be the real deal. I may look like an idiot for hating that pick on draft night, and that's perfectly fine with me :) . He had 3 INTs and 4 deflected passes yesterday - dropped an INT and had a few more deflections today.

-Chris Conley strained his knee during the first practice and has not taken the field since.

-Mike DeVito and Derrick Johnson seem to be doing very well after they both suffered torn achilles last year.

-Ramik Wilson had a couple pass deflections and big hits today. DJ Alexander is looking less impressive, DC Sutton says that he'll probably have to be a good special teamer to make the 53.

-DeAnthony Thomas is getting some more work at WR and is looking pretty good.

-Jeremy Maclin is looking VERY good. Albert Wilson getting a lot of looks as well.

-Some OL shifting happened today, Zach Fulton and Derek Sherrod took the places of Jeff Allen and Donald Stephenson at 1st team RG and RT, respectively. I'm guessing that Mitch Morse will get some 1st team snaps at C somewhere along the line here as well.

-Jaye Howard has filled in at NT very well so far, in the wake of Dontari Poe's back injury.

• Like 2

Good info. I'd share info on MIN, but I'm about 1400 miles from "home." Have been listening to a fair amount of SEA sports talk radio, though, so I might be able to add bits and pieces there. :lol:

Defensive:

Bill Davis admits he shouldn't have stuck with Fletcher and Williams last year and should have gotten Nolan Carroll some more run. Carroll has been starting across form Maxwell

Maxwell has looked better than Fletcher and Williams combined did all last year, but thats still not saying much

I've heard the coaching staff really like Jacorey Sheperd and the general feeling about the new CBs led to Boykin being traded

Marcus Smith has actually looked good

Offense:

Jordan Matthews looks like a monster and seems to have the early rapport with Bradford. His route running is getting crisper and he's showing alot of physicality. Agholor has looked as good as any rookie not named Amari Cooper. Huff is coming along and is going to be a really nice compliment to the offensive attack. Its pretty exciting to have a promising set of young WRs

Bradford doesn't exactly stand out. He's still easing into things and that makes me nervous.

Sproles has been working a decent amount out of the slot and Huff might be the only player that looks faster than him during practice.

Tebow might actually make the team?

Browns still blow ;)

Lots of injuries at RB including rookie Johnson's hammy, they had to sign 2 guys just to have warm bodies for camp. West showed up a bit chunky

Pryor has looked ok at times at WR, but also tweaked his hammy. Bowe has not been very impressive, though he has praised Pryor saying he makes it look easy and is certain to make the team and contribute in a big way.

McCown has looked good, Manziel has improved. Still sounds like McCown is way ahead and almost sure to start while Manziel spends another year learning and trying to improve. At least all the craziness that followed him last year during camp is gone, the national and TMZ type media are not all there covering his every move.

Hearing less about the defense, but sounds like they're addressing their big issue of poor run stopping.

• Like 1

49ers continue to be hated on by every major media outlet. I don't think we will be nearly as bad as everyone is saying. As far as fantasy goes...

49ers seem to be the king of value picks this year. Not one player on our roster costs much to get. And I feel like there is a lot of upside for the risk / reward of drafting the 49er skill positions this season.

Carlos Hyde 4-6 round adp is the most expensive player to get, He is basically a young version of F. Gore.

Anquan Boldin and Torrey Smith are both dirt cheap and I think both could easily have WR3 seasons with WR2 upside for picks in the 8-10th.

Vernon Davis is basically free. You can take him after your defense and kicker in most drafts. I dont think hes washed up and has atleast one more good season in him. The guy can still fly and is one of the fastest TEs in the game. The new TE coach has reportedly reinvigorated his love for the game. 10 TD upside.

Colin Kaepernick Spent all offseason working with QB gurus and Kurt Warner on his mental and physical game. He has totally reworked his mechanics and no longer sidearms it like Vince Young. He is going to look like a different player this year. Hopefully the mental stuff took hold and his progressions will be better. High risk reward pick, but you can get him as your backup QB and he has top 5 upside. We've seen it before.

But the biggest positive change is getting rid of our old Offensive Coordinator. Horrible play calling and stagnant offense should be a thing of the past. But hey, I'm just a fan. What do I know....

At the Cowboys training camp...

Witnesses reported seeing Jerry Jones and Jesus over on the sidelines...it appeared they were having a discussion, agreed on something and then shook hands. :thinking:

were they pointing at McFadden?

http://www.stltoday....1e29adbec0.html

For you IDP'ers, a bit on Alex Ogletree from the Rams. - 8/7/15

ETA: also for you IDP'ers, don't miss the little nugget at the end of the article about Michael Brockers off-season tutelage from... (read the article).

Edited by lennykravitz2004

Browns still blow ;)

Lots of injuries at RB including rookie Johnson's hammy, they had to sign 2 guys just to have warm bodies for camp. West showed up a bit chunky

Pryor has looked ok at times at WR, but also tweaked his hammy. Bowe has not been very impressive, though he has praised Pryor saying he makes it look easy and is certain to make the team and contribute in a big way.

McCown has looked good, Manziel has improved. Still sounds like McCown is way ahead and almost sure to start while Manziel spends another year learning and trying to improve. At least all the craziness that followed him last year during camp is gone, the national and TMZ type media are not all there covering his every move.

Hearing less about the defense, but sounds like they're addressing their big issue of poor run stopping.

the defense is clearly outplaying the offense. Neither QB has looked great and the RBs are all dinged up. Going to have to win games 10-9

Defensive:

Bill Davis admits he shouldn't have stuck with Fletcher and Williams last year and should have gotten Nolan Carroll some more run. Carroll has been starting across form Maxwell

Maxwell has looked better than Fletcher and Williams combined did all last year, but thats still not saying much

I've heard the coaching staff really like Jacorey Sheperd and the general feeling about the new CBs led to Boykin being traded

Marcus Smith has actually looked good

Offense:

Jordan Matthews looks like a monster and seems to have the early rapport with Bradford. His route running is getting crisper and he's showing alot of physicality. Agholor has looked as good as any rookie not named Amari Cooper. Huff is coming along and is going to be a really nice compliment to the offensive attack. Its pretty exciting to have a promising set of young WRs

Bradford doesn't exactly stand out. He's still easing into things and that makes me nervous.

Sproles has been working a decent amount out of the slot and Huff might be the only player that looks faster than him during practice.

Tebow might actually make the team?

Bradford isn't out for the season yet?

Da Bears - coaching is the biggest addition, players love the change from Trestman to Fox. Will Montgomery will be the starting center and has helped tremendously with teaching the players Gase's system.

Kevin White - still hurt although doesn't seem as bad as first thought, he's begging the coaches to let him practice and should begin light running soon. Has been running in the pool. Didn't like the pick on draft day, still dont, but hopefully I'm wrong.

Cutler- has looked good (i know i know) but I think he will be much better this year with Marshall gone and Gase here. Look for the O to be more run based with the bubble screens Denver ran last year. Cutler has been making a point to get closer to teammates this year which is a good sign.

Royal - good sleeper, cutler likes him a lot and with marshall gone he needs someone across the middle. Him and Martellus usually start the season fast so could be good draft late and sell high candidates early in the season

Alshon - had a shoulder issue but he's fine, should be a stud in his contract year this year if he stays healthy

Forte has bulked up, always trains hard in the off season and took Langford under his wing. He's in a contract year and most people don't expect him back next year.

Defense will be better, cant be any worse glad Mel Tucker's worthless self is gone.

Joe Thomas leaves practice after Danny Shelton rolls up on his leg; early word is it's not serious

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/08/joe_thomas_leaves_practice_aft.html#incart_2box

Uggh, hope the early reports are accurate,

First depth chart was also released wih few surprises

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/08/cleveland_browns_first_depth_c_2.html#incart_story_package

With our first preseason game being on Satuday, here are some more headlines from KC:

Justin March may be our 2015 UDFA steal. Has looked very good, rotated with Ramik Wilson for 1st-team SILB duties when Mauga went down with an injury. Wilson has also looked good.

Chris Conley has finally returned. Been working with the 2s so far.

Going into camp, the 1st-team OL looked like Fisher/Grubbs/Kush/Allen/Stephenson. The last several days, though, the lineup has been Fisher/Grubbs/Morse/Fulton/Allen - and this lineup has been playing pretty well. Reid declared them the starters for Saturday.

Eric Berry has been making some plays, including a pick-6 today, and Reid expects him to play on Saturday. What a recovery. Chiefs' secondary is loaded.