[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HoF Game / Pre-season Football

Shorttynaz

Did anyone else enjoy anything about last night's game? Outside of closing my eyes and envisioning a real Sunday Night game - nothing about it was good. I still can't believe people pay to watch that. It was nothing more than televised practice in which the scrubs played.

Pre-season football just seems to get worse and worse each year - all it does is increase the anticipation of the regular season starting.

all it does is increase the anticipation of the regular season starting.

I agree. I didn't watch the HoF game this year, but last year I watched the Bills vs. Giants HoF game like a starving man walking into a buffet. Even watched the rerun on NFL network the next day.

Preseason is the football equivilant of a strip club. Spending time and money to get blue balls.

• Like 2

Pre-season football has always been a glorified exhibition. Those paying to attend the HOF game probably do it as part of the HOF weekend experience. Most others paying to attend pre-season games are being held hostage by the home team because you must buy pre-season games as part of the season ticket package. I always hated them, would split the two games with my friend, and we'd each take somebody who otherwise didn't get to attend many NFL games of any kind (his son for example).

I recorded the HOF game and will watch a little tonight, and Al Michaels halftime tribute to Frank Gifford. I'll record and watch Browns pre-season games, usually losing interest when its the all 2-3rd stringers in there. I don't watch any other PS games, but I will watch almost every regular season game that is broadcast (including shortened version on NFL Network).

Did anyone else enjoy anything about last night's game? Outside of closing my eyes and envisioning a real Sunday Night game - nothing about it was good. I still can't believe people pay to watch that. It was nothing more than televised practice in which the scrubs played.

Pre-season football just seems to get worse and worse each year - all it does is increase the anticipation of the regular season starting.

Watching Bridgewater play was nice (I thought he did very well), and seeing a couple rookies for the first time (Waynes, Coates) was also kinda neat. But for the most part, I was tuned out. I had low expectations, and the game did nothing to exceed those very low expectations. Meh.