[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Geno Smith Out

Dolphin_Akie

I kept hearing that Geno didn't show to the camp because a close friend of his died in a motorcyle accident a few days before. So If that is true I can understand why he didn't make it. IK was just pissed because he asked Geno to cover the $600 the charity spent on his plane ticket and he hadn't paid up.

I kept hearing that Geno didn't show to the camp because a close friend of his died in a motorcyle accident a few days before. So If that is true I can understand why he didn't make it. IK was just pissed because he asked Geno to cover the $600 the charity spent on his plane ticket and he hadn't paid up.

Everything I heard/read indicates Geno kept pushing off paying back the money. Seriously, its $600. Even I could pay that back right away. Not saying I would of cold cocked the son of bitch, but Geno really needed to man up and pay the debt he supposedly agreed to. Now they both out of money, IK lost his job (and any chance of getting that $600) and Geno will most likely never get another chance at being the starting QB for a team in this league. Career backup here he comes (if he's lucky).

• Like 1

Everything I heard/read indicates Geno kept pushing off paying back the money. Seriously, its $600. Even I could pay that back right away. Not saying I would of cold cocked the son of bitch, but Geno really needed to man up and pay the debt he supposedly agreed to. Now they both out of money, IK lost his job (and any chance of getting that $600) and Geno will most likely never get another chance at being the starting QB for a team in this league. Career backup here he comes (if he's lucky).

Oh I agree it's ridiculous that he hadn't paid him back. I just didn't see anyone mention why he missed the camp so wanted to put it out there.

Oh I agree it's ridiculous that he hadn't paid him back. I just didn't see anyone mention why he missed the camp so wanted to put it out there.

Didn't anyone here read Adam Shefters post? A person close to Geno was killed in a motorcycle accident in Miami days before so that's why he didn't attend the football camp. Why geno didnt book his own ticket or pay the guy back who knows

I also heard Geno threw a few punches but they were all intercepted

As is usually the case we hardly have all the facts. We do know

- the LB (Enemkpali) invited Geno to his camp, gave him an airline ticket to fly there that cost $600

- Geno was probably a big draw for the camp, being a somewhat well known player and the current starting QB for the Jets

- Geno doesn't attend the camp, the reason was he had a friend who died in a motorcycle accident

- LB asked Geno to repay the $600, Geno agreed but had not yet paid

- the two got into a heated argument in the locker room, and the LB sucker punched Geno

- $600 probably means a lot more to the LB than Geno who is paid much better ($2+ million signing bonus vs under $80K for LB).

What we don't know

- did Geno cancel before he was supposed to be there, or just not show up and explain later

- when Geno said he'd repay they did he say when, and why didn't he pay by now. Does he not have the money?

- what was said during the argument in the locker room, who called who what, who shoved, punched or otherwise got physical

I will NEVER excuse such cowardly attacks as sucker punching somebody, but it is possible that Geno contributed to the situation and isn't quite as innocent as some believe.

If this were Manning, Brady, Brees or almost any decent starting QB either the player wouldn't attack him like that, or the teammates would beat the crap out of him if he did. The only time I recall something similar was Michael Westbrook going off on Stephen Davis, which has similar talk that Davis provoked or continued to escalate the situation.

Or maybe Enemkpali was just a roided up crazy who was destined to cold cock somebody someday, but I suspect there is more to this story than we're getting.

We also don't know how he told Enemkpali that he wouldn't attend, or if he even did that. As I related on another board, my mom died of a stroke 2 days before I was supposed to go on a trip with a friend. I called him from the hospital to let him know I couldn't make it and if we had any lost deposits or owed money for things I'd pay my share. If Geno didn't do that, or pay back in a timely fashion then he is a tool, but still doesn't deserve being sucker punched.

• Like 1

As is usually the case we hardly have all the facts. We do know

- the LB (Enemkpali) invited Geno to his camp, gave him an airline ticket to fly there that cost $600

- Geno was probably a big draw for the camp, being a somewhat well known player and the current starting QB for the Jets

- Geno doesn't attend the camp, the reason was he had a friend who died in a motorcycle accident

- LB asked Geno to repay the $600, Geno agreed but had not yet paid

- the two got into a heated argument in the locker room, and the LB sucker punched Geno

- $600 probably means a lot more to the LB than Geno who is paid much better ($2+ million signing bonus vs under $80K for LB).

What we don't know

- did Geno cancel before he was supposed to be there, or just not show up and explain later

- when Geno said he'd repay they did he say when, and why didn't he pay by now. Does he not have the money?

- what was said during the argument in the locker room, who called who what, who shoved, punched or otherwise got physical

I will NEVER excuse such cowardly attacks as sucker punching somebody, but it is possible that Geno contributed to the situation and isn't quite as innocent as some believe.

If this were Manning, Brady, Brees or almost any decent starting QB either the player wouldn't attack him like that, or the teammates would beat the crap out of him if he did. The only time I recall something similar was Michael Westbrook going off on Stephen Davis, which has similar talk that Davis provoked or continued to escalate the situation.

Or maybe Enemkpali was just a roided up crazy who was destined to cold cock somebody someday, but I suspect there is more to this story than we're getting.

the report is that Geno was arrogant and during the argument told IK "Well what are you going to do about it?" or something to that effect while pointing his finger in IK's face.

IK was wrong and justifiably cut. He has a violent history (assault on a police officer).

But Geno handled the whole thing completely wrong and hearing the Jets players (vets) comments about this (Revis, Mangold and some others), honestly, they are not rushing to support Geno. Earlier in camp, some 3-4 weeks ago after Geno didn't show up, IK asked for the money and Geno said fine but never paid him. IK demanded the money and apparently Geno handled the whole thing like a smug assshole and inflamed an already angry situation, by mouthing off and sticking his finger in IK's face. That is NOT what someone with leadership qualities does. Just the opposite.

Geno was the victim here but he created the environment that led to this. He is no leader, and never will be.

Geno sounds like a total ass, a victim, but one who deserved a fair beating.

That would have been fine, except the coward LB sucker-punched him. Even with Geno being a douchebag, he now also gets to play the role of a victim.

Well not exactly..........He may be the hero of the locker room. Moving him out of the way so that a real QB could lead the team. Geno seems to be the character risk here. Pay the guy, apologize for missing the camp that probably showed negatively on the poor guy who people expected to see Geno Smith the starting QB for the NY Jets. He could have taken an opportunity to show true leadership. Instead he chose to show how much he's not ready to lead men to anything but into petty fights.

Hero of the locker room? Lol. Wow.

Wonder if it lasted longer than you typical Rhonda Rousey fight? The average of her last 5 fights, 46 seconds? :boxing: Guess Geno won't be able to run his lips for the next 6 to 10 weeks.....I don't think its right but we have all seen it, two mindsets, Qb wants to argue it out and get last word? Linebacker wants to destroy all obstacles and is physical about everything? Geno gets D- in talking things out constructively and IK gets an A+ being Physical? Fits both perfectly.......not politically correct but factual.

That is being disputed. 95% of the time someone says they got sucker-punched they just got knocked out. And the Jet's have incentive to support their starting quarterback's side of the story. Personally, I don't think it's possible to get sucker-punched if you ask a guy "what are you gonna do about it?" or if you put your finger in his face. But we don't know if either of those facts are true either.

Geno's an idiot. I'm going to believe IK's version. I also would bet that Geno's excuse of his friend dying in a motorcyle is BS. I'm sure he knew a guy who died in a motorcycle accident, but I bet he didn't go to a funeral.

:shrug:

Irrelevant ... you don't knock out a team mate, even worse when it is the starting QB