[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Evaluating the Next Best RB's

cloose

Curious because every single mock draft I do has them being there....this one had Forte dropping but there they are for my pick.

Overall | ECR | PPR
300/307

I am really surprised how low people are valuing McCoy

He's a tough read. On the one hand, he totally honda the bed last year, and with no real threat of a QB in Buffalo, he could be facing lots of stacked boxes. On the other hand, last year may have just been the product of a bad system fit, and with the lack of good QB play, he'll be getting a huge workload. There are definitely safer options out there, I wouldn't feel too great trotting him out as my RB1.

ETA - looking at that list, though, I would definitely put him above Forsett.

Edited by bud29
  • Like 1

Curious because every single mock draft I do has them being there....this one had Forte dropping but there they are for my pick.

Overall | ECR | PPR

300/307

1. Le'Veon Bell (PIT - RB) S

2. Adrian Peterson (MIN - RB)

3. Jamaal Charles (KC - RB)

4. Eddie Lacy (GB - RB)

5. Matt Forte (CHI - RB)

6. Marshawn Lynch (SEA - RB)

7. C.J. Anderson (DEN - RB)

8. Antonio Brown (PIT - WR)

9. Justin Forsett (BAL - RB)

10. LeSean McCoy (BUF - R

mocks are tough .. Lots of people just trying diff things imo. I mock some..none of my drafts ever run like my mocks. Ever. You have to know ur league mates habits/tendencies
  • Like 1

I thought this was a thread on rookies...it's a who should I draft thread. Lame

Disappointed that you couldn't put in a plug for Melvin Gordon? ;)

or he's waiting on thread about the "next to last level of RBs" so he can plug JStew

• Like 4

He's a tough read. On the one hand, he totally honda the bed last year, and with no real threat of a QB in Buffalo, he could be facing lots of stacked boxes. On the other hand, last year may have just been the product of a bad system fit, and with the lack of good QB play, he'll be getting a huge workload. There are definitely safer options out there, I wouldn't feel too great trotting him out as my RB1.

ETA - looking at that list, though, I would definitely put him above Forsett.

weird to see Forsett ranked above McCoy

I'll likely have my choice of Forte, McCoy or a stud WR in my keeper league. Only hesitation about Forte is Fox likes multiple RBs and in his contract year they could faze him out towards the end of the season if they aren't in contention. Seems the new regime is cutting bait will all the older big contract players.

I have no idea what to make of McCoy either, he dances too much for my liking but maybe a change of scenery could help. The plus side is they traded a lot for him and he seems motivated so they are going to give him a heavy workload.

• Like 1

weird to see Forsett ranked above McCoy

I'll likely have my choice of Forte, McCoy or a stud WR in my keeper league. Only hesitation about Forte is Fox likes multiple RBs and in his contract year they could faze him out towards the end of the season if they aren't in contention. Seems the new regime is cutting bait will all the older big contract players.

I have no idea what to make of McCoy either, he dances too much for my liking but maybe a change of scenery could help. The plus side is they traded a lot for him and he seems motivated so they are going to give him a heavy workload.

Disagree about Fox using committees. That was always out of necessity more than desire. He rode one guy in Carolina until he was hurt then went to the next one. The GMs kept bring in new guys

Disagree about Fox using committees. That was always out of necessity more than desire. He rode one guy in Carolina until he was hurt then went to the next one. The GMs kept bring in new guys

We’ve always been believers in kind of a 1-2 punch and rolling guys through there whether it’s the d-line; a wave of those guys to stay fresh," Bears head coach John Fox told CSN Chicago. "I’ve always had the approach the same thing with running backs."

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/bears-looking-to-reinstate-1-2-punch-at-running-back-under-fox-gase-051815

Legit Concern.....

BILLS MAY LIMIT LESEAN MCCOY'S TOUCHES

By Keith Kraska, Bills Correspondent, Wed, Aug 12th 5:11pm EDT

Bills offensive coordinator Greg Roman says LeSean McCoy's touches over the past two seasons will factor into his usage. McCoy has topped 300 carries in each of the past two years and has more than 1,700 career touches. (Jay Skurski)

Fantasy Impact: The Bills are loaded in the backfield, with Fred Jackson, Karlos Williams, Bryce Brown and Anthony Dixon behind McCoy, so they have the horses to lighten Shady's load to around, say, 15 to 18 carries a game. This is a concern that knocks McCoy into the second round of redrafts, where several other feature backs have issues.

Was this Helpful?

Shady is too risky for my taste. Forsett is risky too which is why I tend to leave rbs alone at the end of the 1st unless I can get one with tons of upside. If I were you I would get a stud WR like DT and then get Demarco in the 2nd.

Shady is too risky for my taste. Forsett is risky too which is why I tend to leave rbs alone at the end of the 1st unless I can get one with tons of upside. If I were you I would get a stud WR like DT and then get Demarco in the 2nd.

:lol: Wait...

Shady and Forsett are "too risky", but Murray isn't? Really? I'd like to hear the reasoning behind all of that.

McCoy's landed in a great spot with a no-nonsense coach that'll employ a run-first offense with little to no competition for carries.

Forsett may be undersized, but was a PPR stud last year and is set to see even MORE looks in the passing game. And, like McCoy, has little competition for carries.

If anything, it's Murray that has the most risk. And I'm a Murray honk... but those statements are just ludicrous.

:lol: Wait...

Shady and Forsett are "too risky", but Murray isn't? Really? I'd like to hear the reasoning behind all of that.

McCoy's landed in a great spot with a no-nonsense coach that'll employ a run-first offense with little to no competition for carries.

Forsett may be undersized, but was a PPR stud last year and is set to see even MORE looks in the passing game. And, like McCoy, has little competition for carries.

If anything, it's Murray that has the most risk. And I'm a Murray honk... but those statements are just ludicrous.

I think he was refering more to the cost.

He (and I) would pass on McCoy/ Forsett and say Jeffrey in favor of DT or Dez and Murray.

Hell I've seen Hill go late 1st. That's crazy IMO

Edited by Zooty