[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jamaal Charles

ImNotSoIgnorant

Alex Smith's performance last night has me wondering, is Charles worth his ADP? He's an awesome RB, but Alex smith is far from awesome. Does the Chief's poor pass attack limit Charles making him not in the top 1-3 or 1-5? Does he transcend the pass limitations? If he is in the top 1-5 or higher why?

Imagine if Maclin and Kelce play to their potential this year, could open up the run game for Charles so I'm liking him currently.

Alex. Smith. Just stop right now - we don't want to have to talk you off the ledge by week 3 for this kind of magical thinking.

JCharles I'm interested in but that's where it begins and ends.

Funny question since Charles has never had a good QB to take the pressure off.

Smith sucks as a long thrower and I think Maclin owners should temper their enthusiasm, however, Maclin is a CLEAR upgrade over Bowe and will be able to stretch the field even with pop-gun Alex at the helm.

We had our draft Sunday and I was hoping L.Bell would fall to me at #3 overall, but I took Charles and never looked back.

Funny question since Charles has never had a good QB to take the pressure off.

Smith sucks as a long thrower and I think Maclin owners should temper their enthusiasm, however, Maclin is a CLEAR upgrade over Bowe and will be able to stretch the field even with pop-gun Alex at the helm.

We had our draft Sunday and I was hoping L.Bell would fall to me at #3 overall, but I took Charles and never looked back.

Honestly don't think he's that much of a clear upgrade. Bowe had 4 - 1000yard seasons and 3 - 14+ average yard per catch under fricking Matt Cassel, but has never cleared 800 yards or 13 avg per catch with Smith/Reid. Statistically, Bowe had 2 of his worst 3 years with Smith/Reid with the outlier being back in 2009.

Maclin put up his 1300 yard season in a Chip ran offense friendly system, his best under a Reid system previously is 400 yards behind that.

Don't think Maclin will equate to anything better then what you've seen already with Bowe. Maybe a slightly higher catch rate cause Bowe has never been considered sure handed. Regardless, 65 catches 800 yards and 3 TDs should be roughly the expectation when factoring Reid's system and Smith's limitations.

Edited by Def.

Regardless, 65 catches 800 yards and 3 TDs should be roughly the expectation when factoring Reid's system and Smith's limitations.

Gentlemens bet Def, that Maclin has better than these numbers across the board. And if no gentlemens bet, then an avatar bet perhaps?

Edited by heehawks
  • Like 1

Gentlemens bet Def, that Maclin has better than these numbers across the board. And if no gentlemens bet, then an avatar bet perhaps?

Just an opinion on rough expectations...wasn't setting an over/under. Sorry.

Honestly don't think he's that much of a clear upgrade. Bowe had 4 - 1000yard seasons and 3 - 14+ average yard per catch under fricking Matt Cassel, but has never cleared 800 yards or 13 avg per catch with Smith/Reid. Statistically, Bowe had 2 of his worst 3 years with Smith/Reid with the outlier being back in 2009.

Maclin put up his 1300 yard season in a Chip ran offense friendly system, his best under a Reid system previously is 400 yards behind that.

Don't think Maclin will equate to anything better then what you've seen already with Bowe. Maybe a slightly higher catch rate cause Bowe has never been considered sure handed. Regardless, 65 catches 800 yards and 3 TDs should be roughly the expectation when factoring Reid's system and Smith's limitations.

Maybe so, but Dwayne Bowe is slow and uninspiring and has been on a steady decline for years now. Maclin is far better at creating separation than Bowe. The fact Bowe was unable to get a single TD the entire year makes no sense. Is Smith THAT bad?

Maybe so, but Dwayne Bowe is slow and uninspiring and has been on a steady decline for years now. Maclin is far better at creating separation than Bowe. The fact Bowe was unable to get a single TD the entire year makes no sense. Is Smith THAT bad?

Do I really need to point out that none of the other receivers had TDs either?

Do I really need to point out that none of the other receivers had TDs either?

So. None of them were worth a crap. No, Alex Smith isn't the 2nd coming of Montana, but KC's receivers are terrible. The Chiefs obviously feel the same way as they went out and got new receivers and kept the QB. I'll error on the side of NFL Gms on this one.

So. None of them were worth a crap. No, Alex Smith isn't the 2nd coming of Montana, but KC's receivers are terrible. The Chiefs obviously feel the same way as they went out and got new receivers and kept the QB. I'll error on the side of NFL Gms on this one.

Ok then, just pointing out that Smith is the common factor in all this. :shrug: Regardless really like Charles in this system provided he can stay healthy.

You mean to tell me that a group comprised of Dwayne Bowe, Junior Hemingway, Frankie Hammond, Donnie Avery, and Albert Wilson was not poised for FF stardom?

You mean to tell me that a group comprised of Dwayne Bowe, Junior Hemingway, Frankie Hammond, Donnie Avery, and Albert Wilson was not poised for FF stardom?

Browns had Hoyer, Manziel and Connor friggin Shaw at QB and the team was 27th in scoring

Andrew Hawkins 2td

Travis Benjamin 3td

Miles Austin 2td

Taylor Gabriel 1td

8 of the teams 12 receiving TDs by WR

Chiefs were 16th in scoring, had 18 rec TD for some bizarre reason they all went to TE & RB.

I still think Charles has a fine year. The players who did not suffer in sf with Smith under center were running backs and tight ends. Smith is very middle of the road, but he can read defenses and can really only throw mid to short routes.

I also believe that maclin will post better numbers than bowe (not that that is a wonderful benchmark) and can still post some good numbers in ppr. smith can hit some long passes and maclin can get open.... vernon was a good example for this.

Edited by Bier Meister
  • Like 1