[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft strategy

Geo33

Hey fellow huddlers-

Got a subscription this season so pretty pumped about that. Unfortunately with starting a new job I haven't had time to do much research and I have a few drafts coming up.

what would you guys reccomend as some of the best content to check out? Also, I was looking to start the annual debate of draft strategy. Meaning have you guys been going rb rb this year? I know it depends on where you draft but just wanted to know what people think on the topic.

Any other quick tips for this years upcoming season would be great.

Thanks,

Geo

Every individual is different and has his own opinion of the value of players.

Each league is comprised of 8 or more individual owners.

So while you can look at average draft positions of players over any number of leagues, you never really know how your draft is going to play out.

Trying to determine where and when you draft players is going to be very difficult and your strategy should be dynamic based on what is happening in your draft. So your strategy going in might be something like best available player with the thought of maybe getting a solid RB in the first 3 rounds ... but if the league does a hard run on running backs before you get yours then you might end up being better off drafting other positions in the first 3 rounds.

This may be common sense but just like any site use the rankings as a guide not an absolute. Also spend time reading the longer versions of rankings that have a writeup on the player, not just the numbers. There is always lots of good info there.

I usually spend too litlte time preparing for the draft and reading stuff then struggle with lots of my later picks. I use a lot more of their weekly stuff during the season because I'm just more into the whole football thing then.

Just started looking at stuff now for selecting my keepers and was surprised just how high Jordan Matthews is, looks like my 3 headed WR crew has him replacing Fitz (to go with DemThomas and Calvin). Of course my RB won't be very good, but probably better than prior years with 2 guys that will at least start and not be a complete RBBC situation.

Since you paid for it, you have lots of tools to use on this site. One of my most used is the My Huddle section, where you plug in your league scoring rules for each position and it spits out a customized ranking sheet for you. But definitely look at the Draft Kit section and get going on the My Huddle tool.

I see a lot of people come in with a pre-conceived notion of how they will pick. 70% of the people in this country suffer from some form of stupidity. Add a little Homer influence and you will always see players fall to you. I use the tier system to help with my picks. You can even customize to fit your scoring system. I print it and highlight the guys I really like as well as the ones I would like to avoid. I usually come away happy. Of course, the league is really won with late round fliers and free agents, along with some luck.

Edited by Phat Rugby

I see a lot of people come in with a pre-conceived notion of how they will pick. 70% of the people in this country suffer from some form of stupidity. Add a little Homer influence and you will always see players fall to you. I use the tier system to help with my picks. You can even customize to fit your scoring system. I print it and highlight the guys I really like as well as the ones I would like to avoid. I usually come away happy. Of course, the league is really won with late round fliers and free agents, along with tons of luck.

well said and fixed

• Like 1