[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help me understand

Team Archer

So why again is Jeremy Hill ranked so high? He tore it up last year after Gio got hurt, yes i know. But Gios back, young, can move just as well as hill so why arent they both ranked near each other in say the 3 or 4th round? Is there something im missing? Im just seeing a 50/50 split and i project them to have similar numbers which means Hill is going to produce numbers way below his adp.

Edited by Team Archer

If you ask me, I personally won't go after Hill early unless you're deadest on taking Gio 2 or 3 rounds later - if you take one you should definitely have the other..

Not a fan of the handcuff approach, unless when you draft Gio he is the best available. I would almost always rather spread my risk ... why commit to roster spots to one player?

Not a fan of the handcuff approach, unless when you draft Gio he is the best available. I would almost always rather spread my risk ... why commit to roster spots to one player?

Which is why I personally wont be going after Hill unless he falls a round later than he his ADP. Im not a fan of the handcuff either, but you know these two are going to be getting in the way of each other. If one goes down, the other becomes a true RB1. Just the way I see it - but to each his (or her) own.

Hill had a 5.1 YPC as a runner for third best in the league. Bernard had 4.0 YPC for 25th best.

In two years, Bernard has one 100 rush yard game over 29 games. Hill has five 100 yard rush games over the last nine games that he played.

The Bengals did not spend a second round pick on Hill because they were happy with Bernard who still has never rushed for more than 695 yards in a season. He is the third down back but Hill is the center of that offense. Hill was #2 in rushing yards over the second half of the season.

• Like 1

Which is why I personally wont be going after Hill unless he falls a round later than he his ADP. Im not a fan of the handcuff either, but you know these two are going to be getting in the way of each other. If one goes down, the other becomes a true RB1. Just the way I see it - but to each his (or her) own.

I wouldn't do it with these 2. Likely a timeshare if both are healthy reducing their value. Hill comes overpriced IMO watching him get picked between 10-20. Holding both makes me not want to start either, otherwise you're just waiting for one to get hurt so you have a stud. Seems like a dumb strategy.

I wouldn't do it with these 2. Likely a timeshare if both are healthy reducing their value. Hill comes overpriced IMO watching him get picked between 10-20. Holding both makes me not want to start either, otherwise you're just waiting for one to get hurt so you have a stud. Seems like a dumb strategy.

Exactly - which is why I said if you take one you have to consider to attempt to (reach) target the other. You don't have to, but that's something I personally wouldn't want to be a part of - let that be someone else's problem and focus your pick on a player I can get more playing time / value out of..

I like Hill and couldn't care less about picking up Bernard. Hill has more than enough value on his own to end up top 10-15 RB. That's all you can ask for based on his current ADP. Bernard will get what he's going to get and Hill will still be fine.

• Like 2

Hill had a 5.1 YPC as a runner for third best in the league. Bernard had 4.0 YPC for 25th best.

In two years, Bernard has one 100 rush yard game over 29 games. Hill has five 100 yard rush games over the last nine games that he played.

The Bengals did not spend a second round pick on Hill because they were happy with Bernard who still has never rushed for more than 695 yards in a season. He is the third down back but Hill is the center of that offense. Hill was #2 in rushing yards over the second half of the season.

hush! :angry: Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

THIS! Bernard doesn't have the size to handle consistent inside running. He's a third down change of pace back. Hill is slated to get 20 carries a game. He'll put up huge numbers. Sure, handcuff Hill if you can, but don't sweat it either way. Bernard is not a long haul guy...never will be. Nice player for his situation, but fantasy fools gold. Hill is the real deal.

I agree that Hill is the guy...I'd take Bernard late in the 5th in a 1 point ppr league without him any day though....

Yep. Bernard was taken 8th round in my league, which I'll admit is very good value. I did end up with Hill in round 3, but couldn't handcuff him because I wanted to handcuff Jamal Charles and then it worked out to where I ended up with Detroit RBs Bell and Abdullah. So I am gambling with Hill. If he goes down then I'll just have to deal with it. I couldn't feasibly handcuff 3 RBs and still get a decent group of receivers/TE/QBs.

Edited by kwolf68

I like Hill and couldn't care less about picking up Bernard. Hill has more than enough value on his own to end up top 10-15 RB. That's all you can ask for based on his current ADP. Bernard will get what he's going to get and Hill will still be fine.

exactly

So why again is Jeremy Hill ranked so high? He tore it up last year after Gio got hurt, yes i know. But Gios back, young, can move just as well as hill so why arent they both ranked near each other in say the 3 or 4th round? Is there something im missing? Im just seeing a 50/50 split and i project them to have similar numbers which means Hill is going to produce numbers way below his adp.

Yes. Hill = Stud.